Modern Horror figs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knewby

Freaked Out
Reaction score
We all agree that the Modern Horror figures have been tons of fun, but it seems like all we get are Jason and Freddy figures. I love my Jasons but who here would like to see maybe a Leatherface from TCM part 2 and from "Leatherface" (aka TCM3)? Has Sideshow hinted at all about any possible new figures for this year or next yet?

I REALLY hope so. Ive said it befor on another thread but I REALLY hope we get abit more variety. Although i love the Freddy and Jasons, its abit of an overkill now and although theyre quality pieces I'd MUCH prefer some different ones.
like... Carrie(bloody and all)Kathy Bates in Misery, Norman Bates, Jamie Lee Curtis in Halloween?(go great with michael), Nancy!(from Elm St or New Nightmare, mab in pj's outfit) and I want ALOT more but I'm in a hurry! Bi!!

I'd like to see more variety too! I've wrapped up a few things I know Modern Horror Fans will dig. But you'll have to sit tight and wait. They're not due for a little while.
I'd love to sculpt a Jamie Lee Curtis or Dr. Loomis though. I have a list of stuff that will probably never see the light of day. But I'm hopeful. Tall Man, American Werewolf in London, The Tarman from Return of the Living Dead!
Oh man he would be cool! Brains!!!! There's tons of stuff and I think as long as there are collectors out there we'll make it!

Dooley :horror

Oh and GWAR!!!! How cool would GWAR figures be! :D

Thanks for the update....I know a ton of us would kill to have a Tall Man figure....I can't even imagine how cool a Tar-Man from Return of the Living Dead would be....................On a positive note Mr. Dooley, keep up the amazing work you are doing. You ought to sculpt up some protos on your own and drop them on the boss' desk :rolleyes:

I agree, I'm really getting tired of Jason and too a lesser extent Freddy only because I own just two Freddies.
Thin Man, American Werewolf figures, Zombies, Jamie Lee Curtis, Dr. Loomis would all be welcome in my collection, I'd buy em' all. And I'd buy a minimum of two each of some Hellraiser figures!

Oh and GWAR!!!! How cool would GWAR figures be!

LOL. I had thought of that back when we had the Music figures topic, but I didn't want to bring it up thinking others would think I was nuts. :rock I'd love to see them but I don't think they would sell very well. Marilyn Manson would sell better in comparison, and that's not much now a days.

The Tall Man!! Yes!! Please please make Angus Scrimm! When I first saw phantasm as a kid I tried to turn a tennis ball into one of the flying spheres! As much as I love Freddy and Jason, I think most of the movies have been covered at this point. I really hope that Sideshow can make Romero zombies, as I think I remember reading that New Line picked up the merchandising rights to some of the Romero zombie movies, and now the Sideshow heading for the Modern Horror prominently displays the New Line banner. I think the Dead figure was great, and even my four year old nephew immediately spotted him and said "hey, that guy is a zombie!" He has clearly spent too much time with me!

Sideshow Dooley said:
I'd love to sculpt a Jamie Lee Curtis or Dr. Loomis though.

I would love to see those character's realized. Halloween is on the top of my list. I love them much better than Friday 13th or Nightmare.

Sideshow Dooley said:
Tall Man, American Werewolf in London, The Tarman from Return of the Living Dead!
Oh man he would be cool! Brains!!!!

American Werewolf in London would truly rock as well.

OMG American Werewolf in London!!!! OMG FLYBOY!!!! :D A Dawn of the Dead series(original) would be SOOOO cool! mayb you can incorporate that into the Dead line! Assuming there is one!
ok I want(no order)
Jamie Lee Curtis from Halloween
Loomis
Flyboy(as zombie!)
American werewolf in London
Carrie(in prom dress)
Kathy Bates in Misery
Sadako from Ringu(that would be sweet)
Nancy Thompson

ahh yes, can ANY of these be done? Now that the modern horror is "New Line Horror" not all of them are new line movies... i REALLY hope some of these can be done, and im sure they would sell REALLY well.

Last edited:
American Werewolf in London shouldn't be too hard, considering that Sideshow already has an established relationship with Universal. I think that a rotting corpse apparition Griffin Dunne would be awesome, let alone David! Nancy Thompson would be really cool too, and Sideshow could even pimp an exclusive version of Heather Langenkamp from New Nightmare and she could come with Dylan as an accessory! I probably have way too much time to think about these things! I really do hope that any number of zombie figures from Sideshow shuffle onto my shelves before too long!

I would like......

TallMan
Willard (new version)
Basket Case, Dwayne with basket and Bilal.
Chucky
Killer Klowns from outter space
The Crow
Dead/Alive stuff
Toxic Avenger
The Leprechaun

A Pumpkinhead would be awsome. Hmmm...maybe I feel a personal prototype coming on. :naughty
Ya, in all my spare time but who knows. I always liked "The Howling"
Were Wolves too. They were done really well. I don't think we'd pull them off 1/6th but maybe 1/4. Who knows...if I don't come up with something, I'm sure The Show will! Back to work, there's monsters to be made!
Later-
Dooley

Modern Horror

I would also love to see Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode. I want the Michael Myers figure but he just doesn't look "right" to me. However, I have yet to see one in person. I have thought about the whole eBay route, but I haven't taken the plunge yet. However, if you guys make a Dr. Loomis and Laurie, I would definitely pick up Michael.

Brad

The Myers figure had a mask that didn't quite resemble the "Kirk" mask we all know and love from the first 2 movies. I'd love to see Dooley sculpt a definitive "Kirk" version!....how 'bout it?

i actually customized my version with just a pencil and it looks just like him now. i'll try to get a pic up but heres my reference pic, although i dont think thats what he looked like in the 4th movie, thats definately the mask from the first:

10134905.jpg

Last edited:
A Tall man would rock. As would some additional Michael Myers, afterall, his mask varied from film to film. And how about a Candyman??

I'm not much of a modern horror fan, although, after two years of debating, I finally purchased a Freddy Krueger figure. Two now, actually, as I ordered the New Nightmare exclusive from Sideshow just for the phone accessory to accompany my original Nightmare Freddy. Anyway, that said, I've seen a quite a few modern horror films and would really, really like to have a Darkman figure (although "Darkman" isn't necessarily a horror film), Pinhead from "Hellraiser II" (I thought HII was very well done until the cliche final scare ending). Dr. Loomis is tops on my list as well. Another character I'd like to see from a film with horror elements, although not really a horror film, is the Robot Gunslinger from Westworld (Yul Brynner). Unfortunately, I otherwise disliked many of the modern horror films I've seen, don't remember them, or don't really care to have figures from the films that I thought were good ("Pumpkinhead", "House", "Dawn of the Dead" [original version], "Candyman").

By the way, there's a Darkman bust soon to be released by SOTA that looks quite good and might be in scale to use the head sculpts for a custom (although the unmasked head appears to have a painted-on eyebrow in the prototype pic).

I'm not much of a fan of the modern horror figures.I can't understand how a visually dull character like Pamela Vorhees gets made but the iconic Maleva has yet to see the light of the full moon.The multiple Jason's and Freddy's seem a bit needless,time to move on to another subject.

dreamin of a Sideshow Circus Freaks line. Similar to what McFarlane recently did, but with more of a classic line-up & tailoring
Bearded Lady
Siamese Twins
Elephant Man (currently attempting my own)
Tom Thumb
Lionfaced Man
Schlitzie (pinhead)
etc.

Candyman
Zombie from from the boat at the beginning of Fulci's Zombi
Demon from Jacob's Ladder with violent head shaking action :joy
Any and all things Hellraiser
HOw about the little Time Bandits guys

Back