The greatest toy ever!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know it's old to most of you, but I got my first FX lightsaber (Vader's) today from Bob. This is so incredibly cool from the really bright light to the sounds. If I'd had this as an 8 year old I'd have been in heaven.

I'm going to have to get all of them now, I just know it. :horror

Congrats Dave! These have been extremely popular with the Reel Collectibles customers in NZ also. Once you start collecting though, be aware that the electronics/sensors/sounds etc can vary quite considerably from saber to saber. I believe the Anakin Ep 3 and Darth Ep 5 to be the best all round sabers, although the Mace hilt looks fantastic and has some cool clash sounds, but it's not as bright. Have some detailed Mace pics and a wmv file on my site of the Mace one.
May the Force be with you! :lsvader

They are awesome, I have the Vader and the Luke (ESB), but have seen the Mace as well.

The Vader is noticeably thinner in the hilt section and requires only 3 batteries (while Luke takes 6), the blade is also brighter, and the sound effects are louder.

The new Vader is the one I have and if the others are lesser I feel I'd be disappointed. But if they use this technology for future ones - I'm there!

Darklord Dave said:
The new Vader is the one I have and if the others are lesser I feel I'd be disappointed. But if they use this technology for future ones - I'm there!

Congrats Dave!! These are awesome. I have 5. Both Vaders (old and new), old Luke blue, old Mace, new Anakin.

The new generation of fx sabers are much better and I am definitely looking forward to new releases.

:lsvader

I have the new Vader and Anakin's. Anakin's is my fav. Great sounds, very bright. Hilt looks fantastic.

The slimmer hilts looks much much better. But the Mace fx is still my favorite hilt.

Anakin's just as good

Darklord Dave said:

You wouldn't be disappointed with the new Anakin either. It is the same generation as the Darth, very bright blue blade, and has 4 different clash sounds as opposed to just a single in the Darth. The current rumours are that Obi Wan Ep3 has been put on hold until mid next year, so that they can bring out a battle damaged Darth Maul. It will come as a single saber, but with a coupling so that you can purchase 2 and then.... woohoo! :banana

We saw these in Chicago remember? Price is $100-$110. They are alot better than I thought they would be. Light, sound, feel, it's all there.

The Ugly Uruk said:
Price is $100-$110.

But you can usually find them much cheaper if you look around. Thanks to a board tip, I found my new generation Vader and Anakin at the beginning of summer for $79 each.

FX sabers

OK, so did anyone here watch Big Brother that just finished? Because one of the house guests (Howie) was a HUGE Star Wars fan (evidently) and was always talking about The Force and how he was a Jedi and how he practiced the Jedi way, etc. When Howie won Head of Household, the producers of the show gave him TWO FX lightsabers, the Darth Vader saber and the other was Anakin's saber, if I'm remembering correctly. Anyway, he and one of the other houseguests (Janelle) played with these things and I'm telling you they were really hitting the sabers against each other. I kept thinking "Those things are gonna break!", but amazingly they didn't. These two were fighting each other hard with these sabers, hitting them together like they were playing with real swords, pulling no punches. Hysterical! :wacky

Plus, Howie would carry one of the sabers around with him in the house. Just carry it around, looking in the mirrors at himself holding the saber. And then he'd take a swing at something every so often. I would LMAO (and then go get one of MY sabers and carry it around and take a swing at something every so often... :joy )

Back