My little friend says hello!-PICS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tony has hit the shores of the US! I like him - he talks!

But the sculpt looks good - the paint ops are far more...dramatic...than the turnaround suggests. But you can tell it's a younger Pacino.

And be careful getting the switchblade out of the tray - I popped it out and nearly took out my eye.

And the lines sound pretty good - a bit muffled coming through so many layers of cloth, but very clear. And the exclusive lines are really extreme, it's funny how much this little guy cusses.

Nope, the omission of "say hello..." is perplexing. Probably the MOST quoted line from the film.

My little friend says hello!

Maybe Sideshow did it on purpose. Left it as an opening, so you could introduce the figure to your friends

Pictures Dave.....Pictures I say... :p

I am sure the ommission of that line is because he never said it in his white suit, but the blue suit, which is no doubt in the works..

Auggh

Curse you Darklord Dave. Just because of this post, I ordered one! When it comes in the mail, I'm going to tell the wife it's your fault! ;)

Made me think, though, that a Godfather (I and II) 12" line or even PF line (yeah, sure) would really make me lose control. :google

I really have to stop reading this board... :slap

Polystoner said:
Made me think, though, that a Godfather (I and II) 12" line or even PF line (yeah, sure) would really make me lose control.

Thanks buddy, my therapist just spent weeks getting that fantasy out of my head, and now I'm all wacked out again :wacky

Ahh, that's what these boards are for I guess, to feed each other's obsessive-compulsive, spendthrift tendencies! :D

Now your therapist owes me a cut of your fees! :naughty

I'd really go for a 1/6 Godfather line - too many characters for PFs though.

They do need to make Tony in the different costumes like Mezco did.

I get mine tomorrow but I can't take pictures because I am giving it to my brother whom is a Prosecuter for the DA! I thought that it would be funny for him to have Little Al tell them of their fate.

"All I got in this world are my ***** and my word and I don't break them for no-one!"

Darklord Dave said:
He's on the standard body.

he's not on the body that R. Lee Ermy came on? the one with limited neck articulation?

has sideshow said why they didn't use al pacino's actual voice? why would they use an actor to impersonate pacino?

what's the point of doing a talking figure if they can't use the real actor?

captain sack said:
he's not on the body that R. Lee Ermy came on? the one with limited neck articulation?

has sideshow said why they didn't use al pacino's actual voice? why would they use an actor to impersonate pacino?

he does have the limited neck. can only turn side to side.
The voice function, I think, is actually better than the preview sounds. I was disappointed in the sound sample on SS's site, but pleasently surprised by the actual figure's voice. Its not from the movie, but its much closer than I was expecting.

His gun actually slides open also to see the bullet in the the chamber. thought that was kinda cool.

as for the omission of "Say hello to my little friend". only thing I can think is that maybe there are additional copyrights to that phrase, but you woulda thought those rights wouldve come with the use Scarface period. If thats not the case, I do think its a mistake to leave it out.

Overall, Tony's better than I was expecting though. his suit looks great. I almost cancelled afert hearing the voice sample, glad I didnt.

Back