LOST episode 2.1 *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutant Enemy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Just going to ramble on a bit with my thoughts:

Well, I guess they didn't waste any time showing us what was in the hatch. Not exactly what I expected, but I think it fits with the vibe of the show. So how did the "miracle" man from Jack's flashback get stranded on the island, in a hatch that is locked from the inside, and marked quarentine? What exactly IS down there? Is it a science lab? Why don't we see Kate after she was lowered in? Is she ok? What happened to her?

Little bummed that we don't get to see what happened to the guys on the raft. Guess we'll have to wait till next week. I'm Ok with that.

The vision that Shannon had was interesting. I couldn't make out what Walt was saying. Maybe one of you can help out with that. She also heard the whispers of "the others". Well I guess they won't come to attack the survivors since they have "the boy" they were after. But I guess the camp doesn't know that do they.

And no new info on Hurly's numbers....

Can't wait till next week!!!!

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean to be able to jump right into the hatch was amazing! To see inside :horror !

I can't wait to see what happens with the people on the raft!

I went back on my TiVo to see Walt :horror says. sounded like "There is no one, Help is here" But then again I think it was talking played backwards. Words didn't match his lips. So who knows.

Next week can't come fast enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead

It also leads us to believe that the "Miracle" man has been trapped in the hatch since the 70's by the look of the equiptment/computers around him and the Mama Cass record he plays. How can this be if he was in Jack's flashback that was alot more recent. Could be a Red Herring I guess.

A-MAZING!

The most exciting television since...umm, well season finale of season one. :)

Awesome!

That beginning.... insane!

Walt.... creepy as hell. I don't think we're supposed to know what he says (typical Lost fashion..) and as best i can guess.. when Shannon asks him "What are you doing here" he says "Perhaps no one knows". But then, I really doubt that.

Jacks's wife was a cool surprise. I didn't realize it was her until her last scene.

Desmond is a mystery. Like Matt said, it seems like he's been there (and just where is there????) since the 70's... but that can't be if he IS Desmond.. which he seems to be. GRRRRRRRRR

I have NO CLUE what the deal with the hatch/science lab/observatory is....

GOD I CAN'T WAIT A WEEK!!!!!

Anyone think about why "Quarantine" was on the INSIDE of the hatch? Does that mean that the entire island is the quarantine, not what's behind the hatch?

Did Desmond create "the miracle" of healing Jack's wife? Does he have some sort of powers? Is this why he is locked up in quarentine?

----just throwing out ideas

The "Quarantine" thing I have no idea about.. really... no clue.

HOWEVER, thanks to TiVo... the thing that "Desmond" injected into himself that I'm assuming everyone mistook for steroids (as I did) actually says

CR 4-81516-23 42

YUP! The NUBMERS!!!!!

It also says "For Injection (something" I can't read the last word.

Under that it says more stuff i can't make out except for the word "Multiple" and what looks like "Clone", could be "Chrome" could be something completely different. Don't know.

Under that it says Rx-1 (though it is a prescription.. though we KNOW nothing good comes out of the numbers. And below that is really small text that I have no clue about....

God this is driving me crazy!!!

Awesome! so the numbers were in the episode! So do you all think this is the guy who was transmitting the original message? The message that the French Lady erased with her transmission?

Re:

HOLY (No point bleeping bc no word exists for this...)

Check this out.. this was from IMDB...

"I recently found an interesting, natually occuring theory found in our world that states everyone has a mirror image somewhere in the world. You may have heard of this. Roussau's genetic mirror theory says that everyone in the world has an exact twin somewhere, however according to the theory you never encounter this person, by laws of probability and other natural occuring phemnomen. Its the theory that was devised by a French Mathematician named Marseille Roussau in the year 1988. He used a series of numbers to explain his theory. Now I know you're not going to believe this but here goes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Let me explain...

The 4 stands for 4 degrees of separation (not 6 or 7 as commonly stated.) Roussau believed that everyone in the world is connected by four different people. So in theory, you could meet yourself by using four different people connected to you. Example: Your brother's, boss's, neighbor's nephew knows your mirror. Hard to believe, I know but keep reading.

The 8 stands for the eight continent or the only place in the world where you could meet your mirror. He calculated it to be somewhere in the south pacific. Now we know its not actually as large as the other continents but its used figuritively because everyone in all 7 continents could meet there mirror on the 8th universal continent.

The 15 stands for the chances of you acually meeting yourself in this place, as in 15 out of 4,815,162,342. Look at the second set "815." Ring any bells? Interesting huh?

The 16 stands for the maximum amount of people that could encounter their twin all at the same time. Think about the number of main characters.

23 is the number of years apart your twin and yourself are. You are not the same age as your twin. By chance and probability it takes 23 years exactly for the same genes that made you to be connected again to form another you.

The 42 stands for the maximum number of years your twin and yourself can be alive at the same time. However people do die at different times, so that's why everyone isn't dead at 75.
For example, my twin was born on Sept. 6 2003 because I was born on Sept. 6 1980. Now that doesn't mean I will die in the year 2045, I could, but its not set in stone. My twin could die when he is 16 and then the whole thing starts over again.

This is all very complicated and I don't know how well I explained it but the connections with the show are too coincidental to not be real.

Roussau and his team (wife, included) went to the 8th continent. You can figure out how they died and why by the numbers and equations. It also fits with every character. You can predict when they will die. There are others on the island who are twins of the survivors, but have been there 23 years longer.

There is a book Roussau wrote 16 years ago in 1988 when he came up with the theory. Thats where I got it from."

Here is the actual thread..
https://forums.go.com/abc/primetime/lost/thread?threadID=560350&forumStart=0

Also the number totally add up to 108 which was in the picture on the wall of the hatch..also the sequence of numbers was on the bottle that the guy in the hatch injected into his arm...Also Shannon's dad died at 8:15 (The flight Number)

Ok.. now take that with what I said about the "liquid" that "Desmond" injected into his arm saying "Clone" on it.. i don't know.. that is just CRAZY

Also... from IMDB board.. someone suggested that the beginning WAS a flashback... that it all seemed to bright etc for it to really be the hatch (or the current day). Perhaps at the moment of explosion it goes to real time (maybe the explosion we SEE was in the past and "Desmond's" reaction to it was in the present.... dunno.. but something did seem odd about it...

Sorry to keep posting but this show just gets under your skin.. ITS LIKE CRACK I TELLS YA!!!!

How this theory for the Quarantine?

Desmond is the one in Quarantine. He is locked in and cannot escape. Who knows how long he has been there. The light that was in the room at the beginning was artificial. The Others locked him in there because he has powers (hence the fact that he knew Jacks wife would be ok). Take also the fact that Walt was taken by the others. As we all know, Walt seems to have powers too. Do The Others want to quarantine him as well?

GOD, i really should just wait and watch this all in one go.. bc its KILLING ME!

All I have to say is......this season opener was freakin' AWESOME!!! It totally made up for the not so great season 1 finale.

Oh and I read over on E! (from the co-creator/producer Lindolf) that it will take 8 episodes for the raft survivors story arc.

Oi...I can't wait till next Wednesday!

Well as I thought.. we weren't supposed to be able to understand Walt as what he said was played backwards. Here is a clip of what he said played backwards (forwards).

https://www.foxmod.com/lost/Walt.mp3

if you don't want to know... don't click. It isn't a huge spoiler. If you still have questsions as to what he is saying, pm me.

How are we going to get through 9 more months of this????

If you want more spoilerific fun that ties into the clones/twins theory check this out. Go to this website: https://www.oceanicflight815.com/ then click on the barcode to the left of "Theory Board".
When the box to type in comes up type: theislandiswaiting

This will bring up a script page from the episode "Man of Science, Man of Faith" which was the name of tonights episode (I think) Thing is, what is written in this script page didn't happen in tonights episode. So maybe its bogus or maybe it is still to come. Read at your own risk!

Yeah, very cool way to start the season off. I cannot wait till next week and see where this all goes.

Very cool on the numbers. Can't wait to see the book.

Anyone have any idea about the magnetic wall?

Also, if it is just a clone thing then why was Lock able to walk?

SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back