Ape PF.....means Chewie PF coming up ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
Not sure what the first PF is for the Planet of the Apes but if it is an Ape, perhaps we will have a glimpse of a Chewie PF would be like ?

:chew:chew:chew:chew I thinks so! :chew:chew:chew:chew

That sounds very interesting...:chew... there's a little bit of a chance for Chewie PF... Let's see If these POTA PFS will be made with fur... only then we are going to celebrate... but in the meantime...

:chew:chew:chew :r2d2line :fireworks :chew:chew:chew

That sounds very interesting...:chew... there's a little bit of a chance for Chewie PF... Let's see If these POTA PFS will be made with fur... only then we are going to celebrate... but in the meantime...

:chew:chew :r2d2line :fireworks :chew:chew

Hate to dash your hopes, but the Planet of the Apes PF will DEFINITELY sport sculpted hair. I talked to Mat Falls at SDCC this past summer and he comfirmed this.

Sorry. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Hate to dash your hopes, but the Planet of the Apes PF will DEFINITELY sport sculpted hair. I talked to Mat Falls at SDCC this past summer and he comfirmed this.

Sorry. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Ahh so how many POTA Pf's they producing then to cope with demand for this piece with only sculpted hair ??

or

?

:rolleyes:

Let's hope for a Chewy in in cuffs like in Jabbas palace. That would be cool!:chew

:chew:chew:chew :r2d2line :fireworks :chew:chew:chew

These are to be sculpted hair and not rooted. SS has decided to stay away from rooted hair.

Wait a minute, you've been sitting on this news about POTA PF since SDCC.:tap

Yeah... well... um... when Mat told me I assumed he told me in confidence. He actually did the gesture of looking both ways before whispering it to me. I think he told me because I think I'm the only SDCC attendee that bugs him yearly about those damn dirty apes.

I only wish I could have weaseled the actual character they are premiering the line from him. I didn't want to appear pushy.

Chewie's only clothing is his bandolier. That's a problem.

Look at how little fur you see on Cornelius:

7502.jpg

It's easy to imagine a nice looking PF of this character.

On the other hand, a Chewie head sculpt on a fur body wouldn't look so hot--even if they could somehow find just the right material for scaled fur. Fans didn't like the mix of "real" and sculpted hair on the initial Galadriel PF, and that could be hidden under the hood. There would be no way to hide the transition on a Chewie PF, and it just plain wouldn't look right.

I do believe that they could make a great prototype (basically a custom piece) if they put their minds to it. But mass producing it would be a whole different story...

Back