The LOTR Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Inspired from our own DD:

I'm thinking a initiative similar to what the PotA fans did to get characters made in a massive custom project.

My first thought was Merry and Pippin - get everyone to buy up the hobbits still languishing at SSC. Then commission sculpts from someone really good and hire a seamstress to make the different pieces of costume needed.

Another thought is Saruman - there's the GG bust and the Hasbro Dooku to base sculpts off of. I'm not suggesting recasting, but just some way to get Saruman heads into as many hands as possible.

So here it is... a place for everyone to share ideas on how we can expand our 1/6th Lord of the Rings collection now that its "on hold"...

Here's my suggestion for SARUMAN:

lotr_gg_saruman.jpg

Perhaps you could bust the head off the GG Saruman bust and use it? I did it with the GG Tarkin and Agent Smith for customs.

Also, for Saruman's clothing, maybe you could use the DiD Gandalf the White as a base, then just add a large piece of white material for his cloak/robe.

I'd love to get someone to do some Orc armor -- I've always wanted to use the Ex Orc head that came with Boromir to build a Moria Orc.

I think this is the way for us to go. I have some pics of Eowyn as Dernhelm that RenDollMaker made(site no longer there). Would love to have some custom Rohirrim anything.

Here's a list of some of the characters that would be cool to see realized:

Gimli
Merry + Pippin
Gollum (not sure how, but he's important)
Arwen
Eowyn
Saruman
Lurtz
WitchKing
Ringwraith
Gothmog (I know I'm kind of alone on this)

There's many more I know...

BTW, this was mentioned elsewhere, but since it's Halloween, keep an eye out for those big rubber poseable spiders for SHELOB!

Sorry if these belong to anyone here. I grabbed these a couple yrs ago and it took some time to find them on my old computer. I have the toybiz Eowyn and want this made:

eowyndurnhelmfull.jpg
[/IMG]

eowyn20head20web.jpg
[/IMG]

eowyndurnhelmtentall.jpg
[/IMG]

eowyn20head20web1.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't think this would be to hard with the right people behind it. They also made a pre SS boromir/Faramir:

boromirnew1.jpg
[/IMG]

Great thread WG! I'm really looking forward to seeing what sort of solutions everyone can come up with for making some of our own LotR figures. Hopefully some of the sculptors on the board will be able to provide the much needed portraits of the characters you've already suggested.

* I'd like to see a Gothmog custom too!

those are some great customs!!! too bad this thread just depresses me more. it's the figures that could have been, but never were.*sigh*

I'm wondering if someone could take a cast of the Hasbro Count Dooku sculpt and rework it. I imagine it would take minimal reworking to produce a great Saruman. combine that with a DiD Gandalf the White and you would be 90% of the way there.

I'm wondering if someone could take a cast of the Hasbro Count Dooku sculpt and rework it. I imagine it would take minimal reworking to produce a great Saruman. combine that with a DiD Gandalf the White and you would be 90% of the way there.

As I said, I do believe those that have the DiD Gandalf could use the base outfit for Saruman. Just drape a large piece of white material for his cloak.

Question to all:

GOLLUM -- are any of the ToyBiz figures worthwhile? Are any 1/6th scale or close? I'm wondering in particular about the talking Gollum deluxe with two heads and fish. The "fish song" Gollum.

Never seen it in person but if it is close to scale and crouched down it could work.

As I said, I do believe those that have the DiD Gandalf could use the base outfit for Saruman. Just drape a large piece of white material for his cloak.

Question to all:

GOLLUM -- are any of the ToyBiz figures worthwhile? Are any 1/6th scale or close? I'm wondering in particular about the talking Gollum deluxe with two heads and fish. The "fish song" Gollum.

I have the singing, head-swapping Gollum/Sméagol by ToyBiz, (unfortunatley not here, or I'd post some pics for you), but I think he's too big for our purposes... closer to 1:4 as I recall. Too bad, 'cause the head sculpts probably would've been useful. :(

The pics I saw looked realy good and the reveiw stated he is 11" with his arms raised. I was hoping that included the base since he is crouched down and all.

I'm not 100% sure about the size of talking Gollum... it has been a few years since I packed him away. I seem to recall him being a little larger than 1:6 scale, but I could be mistaken. Maybe somebody else can post pics of him next to a Sideshow figure for comparison.

Back