Let's take a journey back in time to FEBRUARY 2008!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Britain

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey kids, let's jump in our time machine and go back TEN ^^^^1NG MONTHS to February 2008. Here we go...

1. Gee, Mitt Romney just won the Maine Republican Caucus! But Mike Huckabee's looking strong too.

2. Hey, get ready for the Super-Bowl!

3. It's Super Tuesday, and the race to win the Democratic Presidential Nomination is still wide open!

4. Hey, The Writer's Strike is over!

5. The Academy Awards are coming up - will the Coen Brothers win?

6. SIDESHOW ANNOUNCE AN INDIANA JONES FIGURE - THREE MONTHS AHEAD OF THE ^^^^ING MOVIE - WHICH STILL HASN'T ^^^^1NG ARRIVED TEN MONTHS LATER, WHEN IT'S TAKEN HOT TOYS FOUR MONTHS TO CREATE, ANNOUNCE AND MANUFACTURE A BANK ROBBER JOKER THAT P1SSES OVER EVERY FIGURE SIDESHOW HAVE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!

Hey kids, let's jump in our time machine and go back TEN ^^^^1NG MONTHS to February 2008. Here we go...

1. Gee, Mitt Romney just won the Maine Republican Caucus! But Mike Huckabee's looking strong too.

2. Hey, get ready for the Super-Bowl!

3. It's Super Tuesday, and the race to win the Democratic Presidential Nomination is still wide open!

4. Hey, The Writer's Strike is over!

5. The Academy Awards are coming up - will the Coen Brothers win?

6. SIDESHOW ANNOUNCE AN INDIANA JONES FIGURE - THREE MONTHS AHEAD OF THE ^^^^ING MOVIE - WHICH STILL HASN'T ^^^^1NG ARRIVED TEN MONTHS LATER, WHEN IT'S TAKEN HOT TOYS FOUR MONTHS TO CREATE, ANNOUNCE AND MANUFACTURE A BANK ROBBER JOKER THAT P1SSES OVER EVERY FIGURE SIDESHOW HAVE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!

Calm down bro!!! It will happen, think it's due next month anyway. It will come soon enough and i'm sure you will be happy!!:cool:

I'm sorry, but this sounds a little mean-spirited to me...

SSC can send a 15 day Notice out as late as Nov 14 and still ship this Figure out in Nov as scheduled.

Somebody also has a point in the sense that a little info from SSC would be nice. I'm just saying...

That's the thing - it's just disrespectful for SSC to give no information whatsoever over such a long time period, disrespectful to their customers. They should take note of the fact that people have sold other figures to raise the funds to buy this one; not to mention that at a time like this it doesn't exactly help people to budget if they have no idea when a figure is coming.

The other thing is that I don't have to buy this figure - I already own the Toys McCoy Indy and frankly a poor buying experience like this might just tip it for me if the finished product turns out to be lacking something in my eyes - tip it towards me cancelling this figure.

I'm already cooling towards SSC because Hot Toys are so damn good. If I'm going to be faced with this kind of nonsense every time SSC produce a figure I'm interested in then I might start filtering out SSC from my 'must-consider' list - not consciously, but when you lose interest in something it's hard to get it back.

It's not like I've got a lot of money to throw at toys anymore, and I suspect many people feel the same...

This is the way it always (or at least usually) is, things go up for pre-order quite awhile in advance of when they are actually due. Production delays are common and unforseeable (to some extent) but if I recall correctly this was always slated for Q4 and really they did give us an update by narrowing it to November. What do you want Sideshow to say?

And if you are tight for cash I would think the more time you have to save the better, and if you can afford it now put those funds somewhere and don't spend them and you'll have it when it arrives.

I know the long waits can be trying when its a greatly desired item, but waiting is part of the game.

Firstly, SSC is probably better than most companies about sharing information and talking to its customer base than any other company in this market, so even though things may be quiet regarding the length of time Indy is taking, as a company, they do far more than most so you can't really break there balls. No company has to disclose what goes on with their products, but the good ones do and SSC is one of those.

Secondly, if you're frustrated with this sort of thing, don't go jumping for the HT ship, because they're far worse at customer relations or caring about the customers, we're just $$$ to them and they play us well.

I agree that Indy is taking a long time and it'd be awesome to know something new about the figure, but I don't think the situations warrants as serious a reaction as this.

I'm sorry, but this sounds a little mean-spirited to me...

SSC can send a 15 day Notice out as late as Nov 14 and still ship this Figure out in Nov as scheduled.

I appreciate what you're saying here, but don't SSC usually send 30 day notices? And yeah, I guess if the first product leaves the warehouse at 11:59pm on 30 November he's still technically shipped in November, but that's splitting hairs.

This is the way it always (or at least usually) is, things go up for pre-order quite awhile in advance of when they are actually due. Production delays are common and unforseeable (to some extent) but if I recall correctly this was always slated for Q4 and really they did give us an update by narrowing it to November. What do you want Sideshow to say?

Nope - Q3. I just checked through the first few pages of the 12" Indy thread (don't know how to link directly to the post, sorry) but if you look at post 47 or 48 it was definitely slated for Q3 and people were speculating about a June or July release. There was definitely another date change in there too (the first narrowing was either to Sept or Oct) but I'm not digging through all that just to find it!

I agree that Captain Britain might want to think about switching to decaf, but in many ways the guy's got a point.

Some people really get their panties in a twist over the dumbest stuff... calm down, you'll enjoy life so much more :lol

Oops, you know what, I was thinking of the PF, not the 12". Sorry my mistake. As for the 12" being delayed since he's on a brand new body maybe that has something to do with it. Delays happen, that's just the way it is.

:lecture :lecture :lecture, besides I would rather he be perfect than have him come out too soon. Also SSC is very good to their fanbase, they communicate more than anyother company out there.

All they've got to do is make an announcement about this figure - why has it been delayed? I too want it to be perfect (although I would have thought they've had enough time by now to do that) but in the meantime they could tell us what's going on.

A delay like this with no information is a poor buying experience. I guess being in my thirties I just get irritated by poor service like this. I don't really see myself as a fan anymore, I'm a consumer. If spending my money with someone isn't 100% enjoyable then I'll spend it somewhere else. Meet my standards or ^^^^ off.

So it's not Red Bull or coffee, I'm just turning into a grumpy old bastard.

All they've got to do is make an announcement about this figure - why has it been delayed? I too want it to be perfect (although I would have thought they've had enough time by now to do that) but in the meantime they could tell us what's going on.

A delay like this with no information is a poor buying experience. I guess being in my thirties I just get irritated by poor service like this. I don't really see myself as a fan anymore, I'm a consumer. If spending my money with someone isn't 100% enjoyable then I'll spend it somewhere else. Meet my standards or ^^^^ off.

So it's not Red Bull or coffee, I'm just turning into a grumpy old bastard.

I think that would need to be amended to Meet my standards or I'll go ^^^^ off.:D

Patience is a virtue. Join the virtuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back