Would you buy SSC Max Rebo Band made in vinyl like Jabba?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy SSC Max Rebo Band made in vinyl like Jabba?

• YES

Votes: 85 78.7%
  • NO

Votes: 23 21.3%

• Total voters

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so with the Han in Carbonite debut putting the Jabba setup on the brain again, the next logical missing piece I'd say is the Max Rebo band, another element that defined the bizarre atmosphere of Jabba's palace.

My question is, would people by the trio if they were done as sculpted, rotocast figures, maybe some mixed media for clothing, but the bodies would be vinyl like a MEZCO figure.

I figure, it's a way to have the band, ultimately you just want them for display so being stuck in a pose isn't a big deal, and the simpler medium could reduce price, and I don't see the band ever being done unless it's either holo-vinyl figures or a sculpted polystone piece, the body types are just too out there to be done on a humanoid base body.

So, just curious how other people feel about the matter.

there was no choice for "^^^^ yes!" so, i put "yes". i don't feel that i am accurately represented in this poll.

anyway, yep, i'd get 'em. and while they're at it, i want Jabba's throne and carbonite Han in vinyl so i can afford them.

bit+yes.jpg
bit+yes.jpg
bit+yes.jpg
bit+yes.jpg

I think that's the best way to do them. What the hell does Max Rebo need to be articulated for? Just sculpt Sy Snootles holding her mic and Droopy McCool playing his flute or whatever that thing is, done. Don't even bother with the Jedi Rocks crap from the SE.

I just want the main 3 of the band. You could make Rebo's arms movable like Jabbas and maybe make Droopys as Well. For Sy it would be nice if she was articulated a bit but I guess it is not necessary.

No. Have no desire to collect these characters in any form.

Jerk. :mad:

Vinyl or not, I'd want them however they look the best. But I'm sure vinyl is the best way to keep the price down. Especially since Max Rebo has a big organ that probably won't be cheap to produce.

That's right, I said it... Big organ.

I voted yes

I'm a fan of the Rebo Band and the results of using vinyl for Jabba.

Hmmm...15 yeses will not get them made.

On the other hand...the 4 nos will be much more likely to be successful at not getting them made.

Doesn't really seem fair, does it?

Hmmm...15 yeses will not get them made.

On the other hand...the 4 nos will be much more likely to be successful at not getting them made.

Doesn't really seem fair, does it?

Gotta wonder though, are the "no"s to buying them in general or specifically made in the style I'm inquiring about. Some people just aren't into the vinyl figure idea in a product line like this, there's like this stigma that holo vinyl=cheap quality. I just know with their body types, we'll never see them if the bodies aren't just totally sculpted in vinyl or polystone.

Gotta wonder though, are the "no"s to buying them in general or specifically made in the style I'm inquiring about. Some people just aren't into the vinyl figure idea in a product line like this, there's like this stigma that holo vinyl=cheap quality. I just know with their body types, we'll never see them if the bodies aren't just totally sculpted in vinyl or polystone.

Its early yet let the poll run

Anyone who wants them but not in vinyl could you post please !

Original band most likely... but not that f'n furry guy the added :monkey4

Agreed. It'd have to be SE desings, but I say go old school, Sy Snootles and the Max Rebo band, not Yazam or the chick trio or any of that, just Droopy McCool, Max Rebo and Sy.

Agreed. It'd have to be SE desings, but I say go old school, Sy Snootles and the Max Rebo band, not Yazam or the chick trio or any of that, just Droopy McCool, Max Rebo and Sy.

Original band most likely... but not that f'n furry guy the added :monkey4

Ditto and ditto. I'd like for them to be mixed media for sure and have at least a small amount of articulation like Jabba.

Back