Batman Begins Movie Replica Costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAVIDYR1

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Here's my take on the Begins costume. It was sculpted with Chavant NSP soft green clay and cast in silicone rubber.

Chest sculpt..

1.jpg

This is still the sculpture but I sprayed it with several layers of black satin prior to molding it to give it a light 'sandy mist' texture. It's very faint, but needed to help distinguish the glass smooth chest bat logo.

2.jpg

10.jpg

With the bat logo I did the opposite...I made it uber glass smooth so that it would stand out on the cast rubber costume. The suit is all black, but when you get different finishes in the sculpture it naturally forces the illusion of different tones being used.

8.jpg

Here's the rubber chest...be kind as it's not mounted yet...it's just laid up over me. That's why one of the biceps looks funny...not glued down.

22.jpg

Legs sculpted in the same clay...

PDRM1286.jpg

PDRM1296.jpg

Misted in black satin just like the torso prior to molding...

Untitled-2.jpg

Rubber legs and knee caps..

IMG_2711.jpg

All leather boots replicated with the same texture on the sides...

s17.jpg

I'll add more to this thread in time. I can only post 10 images per post and I've got a gagillion more on this.

I personally loved the Begins costume from the moment I first saw glimpses of it years back so I hope you find my tribute to it to be a valid one.

Cowl, Gauntlets and Cape coming shortly.

Enjoy!

David

you should post this over at www.thehunterslair.com.
There mainly for predator and alien costumes but they have a random costume part of the forum and they would love to see this.. I think I have seen a few batman costumes voer there before actually.
Keep up the awesome work. :rock

Thanks everyone. :) Very cool of you all to chime in.

Someone asked how long this all took...well, it's a side project so as such I havent really kept track of the time but I started it all before Begins, I think in 2004...and worked on all of it in between other costume projects we've been involved with over the last few years.

wow... how much are you planning on selling them?

I'm not selling them. These were done for our portfolio, nothing more I'm afraid. :)

Thanks again,

David

Back