Repo: The Genetic Oprah.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes...
I saw this a few weeks ago and looks cheesy as hell...
Hate it already!!
The only movie musicals I can stand are:
-Labyrinth (which isn't exactly a musical but close)
-Nightmare Before Christmas (Awesome!!!)
-Any Muppet movie!! :rock

Yikes...
Hate it already!!

I enjoyed Sweeney Todd.

So where's Oprah?
I think I did this at Spawn.com as well....funny.

Actually, the title makes me laugh....so im keeping it.

Yikes...
Hate it already!!

Yeah, and thats the point. Supposed to be cheesy. The cheesier the better.

I love it already! And I'd never heard of it before. Tony Head starring in a musical horror rock opera.

Can't wait!

Well crap. Its not showing in my state. I hate Lionsgate so much. I hope they release the DVD soon....

Well, as it seems I am the only boardie here that's managed to see it (or at least admit it) I thought I would put in my two-cents. I have seen it twice now, once driving from Houston to Austin to see it and a second time when they brought it throught Houston as part of their Roadshow where I got to meet director Darren Lynn Bousman and writer/star Terrance Zdunich (both were really cool BTW).

This is definitely a movie for the Rocky Horror crowd, or at least people who have a bizarre sense of asthetic. The storyline is simple and the movie movies along briskly. The music is indeed very much like stage-show types of songs, but with a slightly more industrial beat. There are some songs that could be played straight out on the radio, operatic pieces and a lot of showtune "story telling" songs. The design and costume are very goth/bondage fixated and everyone in the movie seems to be having fun and giving their all. The gore is pretty well done, though a bit sparse. As for the cast, Paris is Paris, but the role doesn't really ask her to be anything else but a spoiled princess waiting to take over daddy's throne, so not much of a stretch there. Anthony Stewart Head is awesome as the repo man... He is great at switching between the concerned caring father and the gravelly voiced vicious killer. Bill Mosely and Ogre are great as bickering siblings LUigi and Pavi, though they could have been in the movie more. Sarah Brightmans character is as entrancing to look at as she is to listen to. All in all I enjoyed the movie very much. It is offbeat and clever, though not overly original. I would watch this between Rocky Horror and Phantom of the Paradise. One thing about the casting that the director touched on is that since the movie itself was something that mde you say WTF? He wanted the casting to be the same way... Repo: starring Sarah Brightman, Paris Hilton and Nivek Ogre? That sort of thing. For his part, I think he did a good job.

Back