David Tennant Leaving Doctor Who

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Decided this deserved it own thread. The news was originally broken by bcm77.

drwhodavidtennant460.jpg

Tennant to quit Doctor Who

I am quite shocked actually. I really thought he was going to break Tom's record as longest standing Doctor. I was looking forward to him leaving but now that its official I actually feel sad about it. :crying

He was offered a phenomenal amount of money/incentive to stay so good on him.

He was visibly upset when he broke the news.

Roll on New Years Eve 2009!!!!!!!

I love the new Dr. Who and I will be missing Tennant as the Doctor. Sad news, and I hope they find someone who is just as talented and energetic as Tennant.

DWF.com has crashed for the second time today. :pow

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Tried going there myself.

Kind wish that we didn't know he was leaving, so it would be a complete surprise when we watched his last episode. I didn't know Eccleston was leaving and his last episode was awesome.

Needless to say I've never been happier to break some Doctor Who related news as it means I may be willing to give the 5th series a chance now I know that RTD and Tennant won't be involved.
The man had a decent 1st series but his portrayal of the character never evolved beyond that point and he sucked anytime he was required to be something other than a smartmouth.
Maybe it wasn't entirely his fault,having to put up with so many crappy scripts would stifle anyone's talent but if he was really as good as so many people seem to think then he would have been able to inject that extra something into his performances to make him watchable beyond his first year.

I was going to scold you for the thread title, pix, but I figure I'd find out eventually.

I'm having the exact opposite reaction as bcm right now (shocker).

Tennant is my favorite Doctor by far and he will be missed. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Watching Tennant has been a joy. I've enjoyed his zaniness as the doctor. Big shoes to fill there for the 11th doc. Hopefully, they'll find someone who'll bring a bit more darkness and gravitas to the role while maintaining the quirkiness.

Well just to be off the wall ....
Why don't they hire Tom Baker, that would be a hoot and a half.

Yes, I kind of wish I didn't know too. But we won't see the new guy (girl?) until 2011, right?

Its not considered a spoiler since it has been announced officially on the DW site and on the BBC. This kind of thing has never been a spoiler except for the first time in 1966. :lecture

Spring 2010 Doctor Who is a male. He will never be a woman.

Why not?

In this last series, the woman from ER who he had known in his future - I thought maybe she was a future incarnation of him. But they've never really said what their relationship was/will be.

so the doctor never dies? he ends up in a computer for the rest of his life? Kinda lame if thats how the Doc ends up.

It's sci-fi - maybe the Master clones him and downloads her into a new body. Anything can happen!

Actually I got the feeling from the episode that she was his great love yet to come, but I did entertain the idea that she could be a future doctor, and if she were the 12th incarnation then she wouldn't be able to regenerate anyway.

Back