The Ultimate Movie License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookilar8

Super Freak
Reaction score
!!!DUNE!!! How cool would DUNE be (that's the 1984 version, not 2000)? Who wouldn't want a Baron Harkonnen or a Feyd (Sting)!?!? I'm telling you if they make these figures they would all sell-out. Please let the Spice flow. :banana

Dune would be a great license.

I prefer the 2000 version over the 1984 one. The 2000 version is more acurate to the book.

They could do a whole series of expensive sci-fi movies that bombed -- Dune, Judge Dredd, the PotA remake...

The Sci-Fi channel version BORED ME TO TEARS! :horror

And I'm a BIG fan of the books... that is before Kevin J. Anderson hijacked the series. :banghead

It willl be interesting to see the results of the new directors cut of David Lynch's version which will be released sometime next year on DVD. Perhaps it will contain a greater chunk of the book... here's to hoping that it has a four hour plus running time.

But I digress. Though I would buy all of them, I think that a figure line would be problematic. The costumes would be very complicated to replicate in the 1/6 scale... except for Sting's Feyd in his eagle bikini briefs.

As Sideshow found with the Planet of the Apes line, the size of fan bases can be deceiving.

Besides, Sideshow already nabbed the Ultimate Movie License:

STAR WARS!!!

Now, if only they can convince Lucas into giving them the Indiana Jones license in time for the fourth installment....

Last edited:
How about the Worm in 1:4 PF!! Dune is Great. A Sting figure would be cool

Dune wouldn't be a good license at all. I read the original book and loved it. I also thought the 2000 series was an excellent and faithful adaptation. I've never seen the Lynch version, but so many people hate it. I've also never read any of the other books or anything else to do with Dune, so my knowledge in that regard is limited.

Now, I would LOVE a 1/4 Rick Deckard as mentioned by the 2 posters above me.

I would love to see a Dune License! Both Lynch's Film and the Miniseries fail to live up to those books but I feel that nothing could. Lynch's version as figures, statues, PF or other High End Items would be amazing. The Mini-series' designs were oddly impressive as well , but I don't believe they would be recognized.

Oh, the space I would clear and the plasma I would sell to have a MASSIVE Third-Stage Guild Navigator complete with his "tank"! Not to mention the mighty Shai-hulud representin', Worms of Arrakis!

I would also be very interested in Original Designs Inspired by the books. How about a 1/1 Bust of Leto II, God Emperor of Dune?

It couldn't be TOO hard to convince Brian Herbert that the license is a good idea? Could it?

The Spice Must Flow!

The 80's Version Was A Decent Movie. I Bought The Dvd Of The Sci-fi Version & Was Really Let Down. 80's Version Licanse All The Way.

Sota is releasing a Baron this spring:

harkonnenfull.jpg

I really wish sideshow would consider this license. The new dvd will be released next week.

I am kind of ignorant on the whole issue as I have never read the books, however I will say that we absolutly loved the Sci-fi miniseries. We were eagerly awaiting the next installment everyday. So much so that we actually rented the original movie, :sick boy was that hard to watch. Maybe if I had seen it two decades ago when it came out I would feel different.

Jesse

what about equilibrium??? i know its not that popular, but if you havent seen it you should go rent or buy it. besides it has sean bean and christian bale in it. and it came out before the matrix so its not a ripoff as many people say it is.

TMNT: The Movie (the original 1990 version where their costumes looked the best and most realistic)

I enjoyed 'Equilibrium', but I just recently saw 'The Island' and was blown away by how entertaining it was. Different premise, I know, but the stories draw many parallels. Ewan McGregor was fantastic. And the movie even had better special effects than ROTS!:google And when I say better, I mean, the CG blended itself extremely well with principle photography (didn't make me feel like I was watching a cartoon).

No interest here.

I liked the 80s movie but hated the mini-series.

hairlesswookiee said:
what about equilibrium??? i know its not that popular, but if you havent seen it you should go rent or buy it. besides it has sean bean and christian bale in it. and it came out before the matrix so its not a ripoff as many people say it is.

Actually, Equilibrium is a 2002 release while the Matrix is from 1999 so....
Really like the movie though but I wouldn't buy merchandise of it.

WetaWork said:
Sota is releasing a Baron this spring:

harkonnenfull.jpg

I really wish sideshow would consider this license. The new dvd will be released next week.

Is anybody interested in this figure by SOTA? I LOVE the Lynch film and will be getting the new DVD as soon as it hits the stores. But this figure is so... ugly! Granted it's the Baron but they could have picked a better pose and his expression is ghastly. Besides his body is WAY TOO LONG in the torso.

I see the birth a of a new pegwarmer.

Thanks for the update on the DVD release. I did not know that it was coming out next week! I'm so there.

Blade Runner is my first pick. I would also love to see Hanover Street...er, I mean Indiana Jones. Does anyone actually know what the status of the Indy license is?

Back