Sauron #4308 arrives upside-down and damaged

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doomhammer

12 inch nightmare
Reaction score
Sauron #4308 arrives upside down and damaged

I was thrilled to receive this one but quickly lost my joy when I saw the box had been shipped upside down due to the document pouch being glued on the bottom. Opened it up and the packaging itself was upside down as well.

box.jpg

With great fear I unpacked and assembled him, all went well untill lastly I got the helm out... The front spike is cracked :banghead

spike.jpg

The statue itself is wonderful, my god what a piece of work, and what formidable size! But at this price I really don't feel like glueing the spike. I think I deserve a replacement and I'm positive I'll get it. The reason I post this before mailing SST is that I notice two similar holes in the back of his boots. I remember talk about spikes that need to go there but they don't seem to be in the box either :( Where have I forgot to look?

edit: right, there they are :p

Talk about an anti-climax..... :banghead
At that price and all high hopes , i too feel you deserve a replacement....

besides all that, congratz on your great piece...

re

Will SSW send you a replacement helmet or a whole new statue in this case ?

Doomhammer said:
I was thrilled to receive this one but quickly lost my joy when I saw the box had been shipped upside down due to the document pouch being glued on the bottom. Opened it up and the packaging itself was upside down as well.

box.jpg

With great fear I unpacked and assembled him, all went well untill lastly I got the helm out... The front spike is cracked :banghead

spike.jpg

The statue itself is wonderful, my god what a piece of work, and what formidable size! But at this price I really don't feel like glueing the spike. I think I deserve a replacement and I'm positive I'll get it. The reason I post this before mailing SST is that I notice two similar holes in the back of his boots. I remember talk about spikes that need to go there but they don't seem to be in the box either :( Where have I forgot to look?

edit: right, there they are :p
Sorry to hear about the botched shipment. I just received mine, as well - #329. Thankfully, no damaged packaging, and such. Where did you find the spikes for the back of his boots, if I might ask? :confused:

The spikes were rolled up in one of the foils, I think the wrapping of the helm but not sure. Very very easy to miss :google

I would take pleasure with a replacement head myself.

Doomhammer said:
The spikes were rolled up in one of the foils, I think the wrapping of the helm but not sure. Very very easy to miss :google
Thanks for the info, Doomhammer! I'll be sure to go over everything with a fine-toothed comb when I completely unpack him at home. :saruman

my statue arrived with the spike around his bellybutton missing,ive glued it back but it still shows a hairline crack,if i want a replacement do i have to send the whole statue back,if so i dont know if i want the hassle,any advice would be well recieved

The heel spikes are right next the the mace, and mine were under the fragile sticker. :cool:

LOTRFan said:
The heel spikes are right next the the mace, and mine were under the fragile sticker. :cool:
The suspense was killing me, so I had to take a look. :D Sure enough, that's exactly where they were. :blissy

My Sauron arrived upside down too...the shipping label was on the bottom...the FedEx guy was walking up to my door...carrying the box upsidedown when clearly there are labels on the box to keep it rightside up :banghead

I was lucky tho, no damage. It seems SS can just send u a new helm, wonder if they will ask you to smash it.. :horror

Sauron arrives

Sorry about your statue, Doomhammer. Hopefully, Sideshow is able to just replace the head. Would save you a lot of hassle and them lots of shipping costs.

My Sauron arrived as well today, one of the first ones in Germany.
The box was delivered upside down like everyone elses (maybe a secret code for the delivery guys?). While the main body with hand is perfect apart from a slightly crooked spike on his right leg, I cannot get Sauron on the pin. :banghead
Hubby used the electric file on it, but apparently it is so off that he's afraid to break the ankle of that heavy piece by constantly trying to get it on and taking it off again. 20 minutes spent in vain, the statue has to go back.
I didn't even unpack the rest.
Has nobody else had this problem?

Sorry to hear that goldberry, pretty damn ironic to get a good statue yet not being able to put it on the base :toilet_cl
What an odd phenomenon. Why are so many of them shipping flipped??? Never heard of this kind of thing before.

Mine came upside down too. I also noticed that my sauron's box is black on three sides with the usual artwork only on one side, is this normal? All of my other boxes have a description on the back and the standard artwork all around the box.

Gunner73 said:
Mine came upside down too. I also noticed that my sauron's box is black on three sides with the usual artwork only on one side, is this normal? All of my other boxes have a description on the back and the standard artwork all around the box.

Yeah, this comes up from time to time, but is the perfectly normal.

As far as SS just sending a replacement helm, I would definitely be surprised if they did that. Remember those who received the Gondorian Helm set with only one helm damaged, they had to return the entire set for replacement. I think it would be the same case, the entire unit would have to be either sent back (or destroyed in the case of overseas) for replacement.

Gunner73 said:

Yep they are all that way, and until this piece I believe the black box design was limited to SS exclusives. I am thinking that SS did this to save on design costs, we have mentioned in the past how relatively inexpensive this one is.

LOTRFan said:
Yep they are all that way, and until this piece I believe the black box design was limited to SS exclusives. I am thinking that SS did this to save on design costs, we have mentioned in the past how relatively inexpensive this one is.

Yeah,I think your right.
My Cavetroll,Original Balrog and Stone trolls boxes are all black and then just the coloured front.

Shell :D
x

I would ask Jennifer at SS if you can return just the helm.
I know with the Balrog... people were able to return broken
whips and not the whole statue.

Upside down shipments....geeez.

Back