Saruman The White Statue in today

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Undertaker

Freakalicious
Reaction score
:banana :banana :wacky :banana :banana

Finally got it today...well worth the wait. excellent piece, well i think anyway.. :D

photo00258fj.jpg

Congrats on a great piece, this is one I have wanted for a long, long time, but not enough money these poly-days to buy one...

:saruman

Re

its definetely one of my favourite pieces.
The saruman bust is great too...

Congrats!! One of the best SSW pieces. Really, captures one of the great bad moments from the Trilogy.

And Christopher Lee owns his own bronze version!

Congrats Undertaker, you've got a prized item there!

not long ago I had a chance to buy it for $260 shipped but gave up. indeed I regret ever since. I really do. :banghead

Mr Fell Beast said:
Hows that?? :confused:

Saruman totally giving himself to Sauron and the cause of finding the Ring. For me personally I guess it's a moment when the dark side of ME really shines.

?

By this time Saruman was already lost! Giving nothing here, just a look into what Saruman has become............;)

Nemo Nint said:
And Christopher Lee owns his own bronze version!
That's an interesting piece of information I didn't know. What a snob! :D

Congrats to Saruman, Undertaker. (Is the Palantir round? ;)) Saruman is definitely one of my favourites, too. I have displayed him together with Grima, a very much underrated statue that is even still available from Sideshow.

Goldberry said:
That's an interesting piece of information I didn't know. What a snob! :D

Congrats to Saruman, Undertaker. (Is the Palantir round? ;)) Saruman is definitely one of my favourites, too. I have displayed him together with Grima, a very much underrated statue that is even still available from Sideshow.

thanx all for your responses.....palantir round? is that an issue with this piece? :confused:

I don't think Christopher Lee is a snob for owning a Bronze Saruman. He loved the statue, saying it was the best likeness of him he'd ever seen. I believe the Bronze was made for him as a favor. Or for that matter, if he did ask for it himself, I don't see the question.

I believe, from what I have heard and from what I know of him, that he was honored.

Tolkien himself bronzed a bust of himself when he could afford to do so.

BTW, Saruman Never Gave himself to Sauron, he pretended to do so while attempting to become a "power" himself, intending to actually overthrow Sauron.

Back