PDA

View Full Version : underworld: rise of the lycans trailer

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/underworldriseofthelycans/

darthviper107
10-23-2008, 05:02 PM
Ooooh, that's awesome.

Too bad we know the ending, but at least it'll be a fun ride.

Fritz
10-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Underworld - Selene = :Flush

...but I'll go see it anyway LOL . Plus, trailer look freaking cool! Thank goodness for the cast continuity.

Malice
10-23-2008, 05:27 PM
i like it but no selene, damn.

CelticPredator
10-23-2008, 05:40 PM
No Selene was kinda...eh....but damn that looks cool. Love all the Lycans running towards the castle. Glad Bill Nighy is back though.

Chapter 2099
10-24-2008, 06:58 AM
No Selene was kinda...eh....but damn that looks cool. Love all the Lycans running towards the castle. Glad Bill Nighy is back though.

I can't imagine this being as big without Selene. :monkey2

I would have preferred another sequel over a prequel, but again I'll reserve judgement until I see it. (That doesn't mean I didn't want to see Selene again though!!!!)

Sick Boy 82
10-24-2008, 07:05 AM
To bad the werewolves look like crap in this one. At least the ones in the first and second one weren't so CGIed. I think the studios are feeding to much on that stuff. Please bring back old school movie magic!!!!

Kuzeh
10-24-2008, 07:21 AM
Looks pretty nice, but I agree with the CGI...
I'll see it regardless!!

BXCOLLECTOR
10-24-2008, 07:56 AM
looks awesome

CelticPredator
10-24-2008, 02:58 PM
To bad the werewolves look like crap in this one. At least the ones in the first and second one weren't so CGIed. I think the studios are feeding to much on that stuff. Please bring back old school movie magic!!!!

CGI is never done by the first trailer. Look at Iron Man. The first trailer had awful CGI, now look at it.

Rock83
10-24-2008, 03:02 PM
i saw this and really looking forward to it.Loved the first 2.

SOLIDSNAKE
10-24-2008, 03:09 PM
No Kate Beckinsale!! that sucks !!
looks cool.

Josette
10-25-2008, 10:24 AM
I have no interest in seeing it. I liked both Underworld and Underworld:Evolution, but the main reason I liked it was Kate Beckinsale's Selene. Without Selene, I'm just not interested.

Entropy
10-25-2008, 10:29 AM
I have no interest in seeing it. I liked both Underworld and Underworld:Evolution, but the main reason I liked it was Kate Beckinsale's Selene. Without Selene, I'm just not interested.

I thought that as well, but Bill Nigh will hold it together for me. I do like the medieval look of this one. It'd be nice if they could also include some plot points for a possible 4th movie post Evolution film.

darthviper107
10-25-2008, 05:31 PM
With Selene, since this one is before Selene exists.

But this one looks better than I thought it'd be, after first hearing about it I thought it would be bad but it doesn't seem that way.

Although I wish they wouldn't have used the same music that was used in the Max Payne trailer, they should be more creative because there's lots of really good music that hasn't been used yet.

ONEYE
01-23-2009, 03:37 PM
The movie rocks! Watched it at 1130 (local) only about 10 people at the show. So much better than the first Underworld, which would have been ok if it wasn't for Selene's vampire "wannabe mate." Really cool. 5 of 5 stars!

nash
01-23-2009, 03:39 PM
I'll save $26 and just download the dvd screener.

LChinoz
01-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Rhona Mitra looks very much like Beckinsale as Selene...maybe they are trying to make some people thing she is in it. This feels kind of like a B-movie compared to the others, hopefully they have the budget and callibur of actors to make this thing work. I love the lycan storyline though.

Darren Carnall
01-23-2009, 04:34 PM
for those mourning the lack of Selene... don't forget this has Rhona Mitra in it ;)

The Ween
01-23-2009, 04:59 PM
I'll save $26 and just download the dvd screener.

Is that how much it costs to see a movie where you are? I can see it for $4.50!

Kuzeh
01-23-2009, 05:07 PM

Yeah now kidding $26.00!!, here I'll see it got $6.00...

Reefer Shark
01-23-2009, 05:52 PM
$14 here at the Arc Light. But if you want popcorn & soda, it'll be more like $30 - lol!

This movie looks effin awesome to me. It actually looks way more up my alley than the first two since it appears to be set in medievil times.

nash
01-23-2009, 06:02 PM

Well here in NY it cost $13 per person. me and the wife = at least $26

uscmhicks
01-23-2009, 06:58 PM
This movie looks effin awesome to me. It actually looks way more up my alley than the first two since it appears to be set in medievil times.

thats what makes me like the look of this one more too.
I think movies with werewolves , vampires etc work better in the medievil times.
I actually want to check this out at the cinema if I can.

JAWS
01-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Let me just say that I am a pretty big fan of the first two films so take that for what it is worth.

The New film Underworld: Rise of The Lycans ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!

I liked it better then the first two films. I was worried about Patrick Tatopoulos being in the director's chair but he did a fine job. The script was tight and the action fun

Bill Nighy was great again as Viktor and Rhona Mitra did a good job filling in as the new (or is that old) sexy leather clad vampire love intrest. But Michael Sheen as Lucian owned this film. His preformance was great. I really felt for him when he watched his love die. And was right there with him when he took his revenge.

I thought the love story in this one flowed better compared to the first film. Even though I knew the outcome I was still hoping that they would make it. Big props to the script and the predormances for that one.

Anyways If you liked the first two films then I am sure you will enjoy this one. If you don't like the first two films then why are you reading this??

The Ween
01-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Does this movie hold up on it's own or do you have to see the other two first?

BuddyGus
01-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Awesome, I plan on seeing this tomorrow!!!

CelticPredator
01-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Does this movie hold up on it's own or do you have to see the other two first?

(having not seen it yet)

I'd say, yes and no. No, because its a prequel, and it tells the story BEFORE the first two...but a yes because you may not catch some important details...but I dont know for sure....so go see it, and if you like it, watch the other two.

Saya
01-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I can't wait to see this. I own the first two. I love anthing vampire and werewolf! And I think these were really original in the way they created the whole lineage of vamp and weres beginings.I also think that the middle ages is the perfect setting for these creatures. AWSOME! I haven't seen any figures for these though. too bad to cause the weres would be mad crazy.

wofford29
01-23-2009, 10:01 PM
If you thought the first two films were terrible, is there any point in seeing this one?

ONEYE
01-23-2009, 10:16 PM
If you thought the first two films were terrible, is there any point in seeing this one?

Yes, consider this the first movie (which it is in their timeline), and forget the two others. This is a great stand alone movie. The second one is ok, if you can forget/ignore the miserable acting of the vampire "wannabe boyfriend" of Selene.

I wish there were statues, dioramas or even HT figures for this movie and the characters. Vampires in armor, sword replicas, Sonja, Victor, Lucian. There hasn't been any good vampire or werewolf flicks so this is a great time to energize both species.

hairlesswookiee
01-23-2009, 10:21 PM
if you thought the first two were terrible you should stop watching movies.
~~just got back from it and it was freaking awesome. easily my favorite of the three. hopefully they'll continue with another prequel that shows the continuing war between them. and yes, rhona mitra is hot and sheen was the freaking man in this movie.

ONEYE
01-23-2009, 10:46 PM
http://cinema.theiapolis.com/movie-0C7Q/underworld-rise-of-the-lycans/gallery/

Plenty of pictures.

Lucian! A Lycan's Lycan.

Reminds me of Spartacus.

"I'll kill you, all of you!"

Damn, I was ready to go in with him, grow some fangs & claws and kill me some Vampires.

wofford29
01-23-2009, 10:52 PM
~~just got back from it and it was freaking awesome. easily my favorite of the three. hopefully they'll continue with another prequel that shows the continuing war between them. and yes, rhona mitra is hot and sheen was the freaking man in this movie.

Get serious. The first two are horrible. Buy some taste.

karamazov80
01-23-2009, 10:58 PM

:lol

Well, I guess its over for me and movies! But damn, that Vampire in the sewer with the two whips. . .damn!!

ONEYE
01-23-2009, 10:58 PM
We get it, you don't like it, now be a good boy and step off. Get serious, buy some taste?

karamazov80
01-23-2009, 11:02 PM
There hasn't been any good vampire or werewolf flicks so this is a great time to energize both species.
So, Near Dark, the Howling, and American Werewolf in London suck, but Underworld movies are good? What kind of Bizarro World have I stepped into? :google

hairlesswookiee
01-23-2009, 11:03 PM
lol...quit being a douche. if you didn't like the first two movies why did you bother coming into a thread for the third movie???

wofford29
01-23-2009, 11:05 PM
lol...quit being a douche. if you didn't like the first two movies why did you bother coming into a thread for the third movie???

Because it didn't look as bad as the first two, and because Rhona Mitra is hot and because Bill Nighy rocks the socks so I was curious if someone who thought the first two were terrible could possibly enjoy this one.

Toast
01-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Because it didn't look as bad as the first two, and because Rhona Mitra is hot and because Bill Nighy rocks the socks so I was curious if someone who thought the first two were terrible could possibly enjoy this one.

Yea but telling someone to "Buy some Taste" becasue they liked the underworld movies and you didn't is pretty douchey

wofford29
01-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Yea but telling someone to "Buy some Taste" becasue they liked the underworld movies and you didn't is pretty douchey

And telling someone to stop watching movies because they didn't isn't? Nice call. Buy a clue.:lol

karamazov80
01-23-2009, 11:13 PM
Is "buying a vowel" equivalent to "buying a clue" :confused:

wofford29
01-23-2009, 11:14 PM
Is "buying a vowel" equivalent to "buying a clue" :confused:

What's the context? I could be referring to the board game.

Toast
01-23-2009, 11:16 PM
And telling someone to stop watching movies because they didn't isn't? Nice call. Buy a clue.:lol

Never said it wasn't. Buy me a sandwitch:lol

wofford29
01-23-2009, 11:18 PM
Never said it wasn't. Buy me a sandwitch:lol

You're the toast, I'll be the meat.:naughty

karamazov80
01-23-2009, 11:18 PM
What's the context? I could be referring to the board game.
Ah. I get my clues for free when I play Clue. Clues are great. I would probably buy some if I saw some nice ones for decent prices.

Toast
01-23-2009, 11:19 PM
You're the toast, I'll be the meat.:naughty
:lol:rotfl:rotfl:lol

ONEYE
01-23-2009, 11:26 PM
So, Near Dark, the Howling, and American Werewolf in London suck, but Underworld movies are good? What kind of Bizarro World have I stepped into? :google

Did I mention those movies? No. However, I should have called out Twlight.

We are all here to have fun. If you liked the movie, fine, if you didn't fine, but don't piss on anyone's parade, not you, directed at Mr. "Buy Some Taste".

wofford29
01-23-2009, 11:32 PM
Did I mention those movies? No. However, I should have call out Twlight.

We are all here to have fun. If you liked the movie, fine, if you didn't fine, but don't piss on anyone's parade, not you, directed at Mr. "Buy Some Taste".

Put a sock in it Rich. Jokes can be made however, between whomever and whenever I damn well please. There's an ignore button if you'd like to skip over my posts.

ONEYE
01-23-2009, 11:38 PM
Put a sock in it Rich.

Do I know you? Personally know you? It's odd that someone would call me by my name and tell me to put a sock in it. I find you rude and without tact, and no longer worth a read.

wofford29
01-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Do I know you? Personally know you? It's odd that someone would call me by my name and tell me to put a sock in it. I find you rude and without tact, and no longer worth a read.

We use to talk and deal all the time over on the white board back in the hay day.

BXCOLLECTOR
01-24-2009, 12:17 AM
This movie is the ^^^^ people

go see it now, i mean NOW

Saya
01-24-2009, 02:17 AM
wow this thread got really interesting..:rotfl:rotfl you all rippin' into eachother are way more entertaining than the topic.:lol

ONEYE
01-24-2009, 02:19 AM
I'm sorry. After seeing the movie, I was feeling "frisky."

Saya
01-24-2009, 02:25 AM
It's ok, I haven't seen it yet and I can't wait! Don't worry about you're name, I won't say anything. :D

ONEYE
01-24-2009, 02:26 AM
It's ok, I haven't seen it yet and I can't wait! Don't worry about you're name, I won't say anything. :D

You can call me anything. :)

Saya
01-24-2009, 02:32 AM
:lol now that people are saying the movie rocks, I'm droolong to see this movie. It's gotta be the best of the two. I wish they would make more werewolf movies. :( gotta takem were we can. Dog soldiers is another good one.:banana

Biojex
01-24-2009, 03:29 PM
i thought this movie was pretty good. Bill Nighy is my favorite actor, and he was a central part so im a bit biased.

Darklord Dave
01-25-2009, 07:12 PM
I never had much respect for this franchise, I have the first on DVD because I think Kate looks cool in it. But I just watched the first again before seeing the 3rd and it's growing on me. There's a lot going on with the mythology - it's very rich and Lucian has really become a tragic character with the 3rd film. But in hindsight, he was already well developed and consistent in the 1st. But I'd agree that this one is the best - sure it's goth and over the top, but in a cool way - I love Rhona Mitra (but then I loved her in Doomsday too).

There's a lot you won't pick up on if you haven't seen the first film, but not enough to dampen the enjoyment of this one. Normally you don't look for consistent characters in a franchise like this, but not only Lucian but Viktor are very rich in their development.

And Lucian - no one else has commented - this guy stars in an academy award nominated film this year (Frost/Nixon) and then turns around and plays a werewolf - now that's class.

DarkArtist81
01-25-2009, 10:28 PM
I never had much respect for this franchise, I have the first on DVD because I think Kate looks cool in it. But I just watched the first again before seeing the 3rd and it's growing on me. There's a lot going on with the mythology - it's very rich and Lucian has really become a tragic character with the 3rd film. But in hindsight, he was already well developed and consistent in the 1st. But I'd agree that this one is the best - sure it's goth and over the top, but in a cool way - I love Rhona Mitra (but then I loved her in Doomsday too).

There's a lot you won't pick up on if you haven't seen the first film, but not enough to dampen the enjoyment of this one. Normally you don't look for consistent characters in a franchise like this, but not only Lucian but Viktor are very rich in their development.

And Lucian - no one else has commented - this guy stars in an academy award nominated film this year (Frost/Nixon) and then turns around and plays a werewolf - now that's class.

Well said man... I wholeheartedly agree. I liked the first film ok, really didn't like the second one. So when my Wife's friend and her boyfriend bought us tickets for it, I was a bit skeptical about it. I liked Sheen as an actor (Lucian), as well as Mitra and Nighy... so that gave me hope. I also loved that it was going to be set so far back in time... Anything with swords and you can color me interested at least a bit.

Once the movie started going, I was really impressed with how they handled it. The film is definitely my favorite of the three now, and it makes the first one even better now by association. Sheen did a phenomenal job in this one, I liked him even more after seeing it. And the transformations were very well done, not at all clunky like they used to be. Overall, it was a damn great movie.

viper12383
01-25-2009, 10:54 PM
im a bit confused by the timelines. did williams capture from the beginning of Evolution take place before this movie? if it did that means the slaughter of selenes family and her siring was also before this movie right?

hairlesswookiee
01-26-2009, 12:31 AM
im a bit confused by the timelines. did williams capture from the beginning of Evolution take place before this movie? if it did that means the slaughter of selenes family and her siring was also before this movie right?
i'm putting this in spoiler tags:
there isn't much mention of william, nor does he make an appearance on screen. also, Sonja dies towards the end of the movie, which according to the storyline would mean that Viktor would've run into Selene's family after this point because "Selene reminded him too much of his daughter Sonja" putting it well after he killed her off
i'm hoping they'll expand the "Lycan Upcrising" storyline with another movie during this period instead of the Evolutions' timeframe.

viper12383
01-26-2009, 02:17 AM
i'm putting this in spoiler tags:
there isn't much mention of william, nor does he make an appearance on screen. also, Sonja dies towards the end of the movie, which according to the storyline would mean that Viktor would've run into Selene's family after this point because "Selene reminded him too much of his daughter Sonja" putting it well after he killed her off
i'm hoping they'll expand the "Lycan Upcrising" storyline with another movie during this period instead of the Evolutions' timeframe.

selene is seen playing with the necklace/key as a little girl while her dad is building williams tomb in a flashback in Evolutions. i thought that took place before it wound up with sonja.

Kuzeh
01-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Saw the whole trilogy over the weekend, I think it makes the whole experience more enjoyable!!
Loved the new movie!!
A little nitpick is that in the First movie Sonja was a blonde, and now she has black hair!!

DinoLast
01-26-2009, 01:07 PM
seeing as I fell asleep during the first one, this will be an easy pass

ONEYE
01-26-2009, 02:13 PM
seeing as I fell asleep during the first one, this will be an easy pass

Your loss.

Crimsonbob
01-26-2009, 02:19 PM
I cant wait to see it, i love the Underworld films. Kate Beckinsale is soooo HOT!

Darklord Dave
01-26-2009, 02:45 PM
selene is seen playing with the necklace/key as a little girl while her dad is building williams tomb in a flashback in Evolutions. i thought that took place before it wound up with sonja.

They've played a little fast and loose with continuity, but from a character POV, it only makes sense if Selene comes after Sonja. Viktor seeking to replace his lost daughter and all...

And I really hope Sheen hasn't gotten too big for his britches with all the accolades for Frost/Nixon and will make more films.

However I just read today, that they're talking about a TV series. That could be pretty cool if they don't cheap out on it.

LipSmack
01-26-2009, 03:02 PM
I thought this movie was awsome up until the sonja death part, wasn't even close to the flashbacks from the 1st one, thats my only gripe, anyone else?
and please dont take this in a bad way, im not mad just a frustration

EVILFACE
01-26-2009, 03:04 PM
Well think of the flashback as cliff notes.

LipSmack
01-26-2009, 03:08 PM

good point, i just love it when(first movie) lucian jumps into the window sil and looks back at viktor, i don't know why.
oh and how fast she burnt, lol im done now

Darklord Dave
01-26-2009, 03:10 PM

Yea, it was completely different (including a different actress playing Sonja)- but you could explain it as a memory being filtered through whoever is doing the remembering.

Scar
01-27-2009, 10:52 PM
They've played a little fast and loose with continuity, but from a character POV, it only makes sense if Selene comes after Sonja. Viktor seeking to replace his lost daughter and all...

And I really hope Sheen hasn't gotten too big for his britches with all the accolades for Frost/Nixon and will make more films.

However I just read today, that they're talking about a TV series. That could be pretty cool if they don't cheap out on it.

Bill Nighy in a tv series... sign me up. Big Viktor fan, so other than the flashback at the beginning of Evolution I was largely disappointed. I LOVE the first movie though, and being that it takes the regal roots of the characters back to the dark ages, I know I'm going to like what I see. I for one can't wait. It's the past of the Vampires and Lycans in these movies that has always intrigued me the most.

darthviper107
01-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Saw this today, really good movie. If you liked the first ones, you'll enjoy this.

Crimsonbob
01-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Saw this today, really good movie. If you liked the first ones, you'll enjoy this.

Cool i will watch it as soon as i can :banana

King Darkness
01-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Saw this today, better than the first two imo. :rock

Rhona Mitra is HOT!

Adoptedscot
01-31-2009, 05:27 AM
I can't wait to see this, loved the first 2, although its a shame Selene/Kate is't in it, it will be interesting to see how they have handled it.
Bring on the DVD :rock
x :peace

Scar
01-31-2009, 05:58 AM
Saw this today, better than the first two imo. :rock

Rhona Mitra is HOT!

I loved the first Underworld, was underwhelmed by the second, and blown away by this one.

I remember back in the days when Rhona Mitra's hotness graced Boston Legal on a weekly basis. It was nice to see her again, and in more provocative scenes than courtroom contention. In the love-making scene with Lucian and Sonja, I so damn envious of Lucian when Sonja was on top of his lower body as his upper body dangled off the cliff edge. Now THAT'S living.

And I was extremely surprised that they humanized Viktor; he was always portrayed as an unsympathetic despotic overlord devoid of compassion, save that which he uniquely extended to Selene. Very cool that they managed to make him relatable in some instances, while also playing up the fact that he remains an outrageously malicious bastard. The disparity between the appearance of William's lycans and Lucian's, the ballista defense mounts around the Vampire keep, their system governing relations with humans, seeing Death-Eaters for the first time, and all of the kickass action sequences (the fight between Viktor and Lucian was a particular highlight). Best. Underworld. Yet.

Kuzeh
01-31-2009, 10:32 AM
Now THAT'S living.

Except she's an undead, and he's sort of dead...
:rotfl:rotfl
:duh

Darklord Dave
01-31-2009, 05:52 PM
Anyone have a problem with Vampires having children that grow up? Was Sonja born human and then turned when she reached a certain age? Or was she born a vampire and then grew up?

ONEYE
01-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Anyone have a problem with Vampires having children that grow up? Was Sonja born human and then turned when she reached a certain age? Or was she born a vampire and then grew up?

Yes. Chicken and the egg.

Anzik
09-29-2010, 04:47 PM
Underworld 4 confirmed.
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16672

daikkenaurora
09-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Underworld 4 confirmed.
http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=16672

Why? The 3rd movie sucked.

hairlesswookiee
09-29-2010, 07:18 PM
I disagree. It was better than the second one.

Seditionary
09-29-2010, 11:10 PM
I liked the second one...I had no idea what was going on but I dug the vampire werewolf battles at the beginning and then the end.

The third one was alright.

It's fun to see bill nighy act the ____ out of the silliest lines. kate beckinsale is beautiful. I like werewolves alot. These use a decent amount of actual practical effects

AllisonAmy
10-04-2010, 10:40 PM
I hope the 4th one is as good as the first one and I hope Scott Speedman will be in it.

jimjimmyjones85
10-05-2010, 06:12 AM
I love anything Vampire or Werewolf so I don't mind.

quadcent
10-05-2010, 06:27 AM
bring it, like all them.

hairlesswookiee
10-05-2010, 07:04 AM
I liked the second one...I had no idea what was going on but I dug the vampire werewolf battles at the beginning and then the end.

Lol...this is why I don't like the second one that much. So much going on at once that you don't really know WTF is going on onscreen.

And I agree with the Werewolf effects. I prefer CGI effects to be used as a tool for when practical effects are not possible (transformations, crazy stuntwork).