Any one have photos of displays using Ikea Billy cabinets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am considering using the Ikea Billy storage units but wondered how
they looked displaying the figures such as 1/6 size.

Thanks

Its excellent, its what I use. I only have an really old photo sorry! It doesnt do the cabinet justice.

126_2603.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nice display, show off your figures very well

Which cabinet is it?
The Billy is like a bookcase that you can put glasses
doors on.

I used the BILLY bookcases for my OT display when I first moved into my new home (second pic down).
Luis1.jpg

I ended up going with the open back JOURNALIST shelving so that more light could get in, but the BILLY's make great cabinets when you add the doors to them. I know John (jhyphen @ RS) also uses the BILLY bookcases. You can see his HERE.

This is some of my collection in Billy bookshelves from Ikea. Oak colored and no doors.
shelf.jpg

(Sorry about the crappy quality, had to use a camcorder, since my dig.cam is broken)

Thank you everyone who replied

Your displays are great.
I am very impressed with the quality of
items you all have.
Certainly helps me decide what kind of
display to do.
I have 13 1/6 figures with more on the way
and I need lots of space to show them off.
Plus my husband wants the boxes off the
dinning room table.

Thanks again

Here's my Billy bookcase with glass door and shelves. I got the door to keep pet hair and dust out.

I perfer displaying my 1/6 in a Detolf case (BDboystoys' case).

im hopefully gonna get another soon, to fit all my buffy's in (i hv more now than in the pic b4)

inkster where did you get that light? mine didnt come with one!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Detolf!!

Great thread peeps :google I've been pondering the display cabinet problem fer some time now, but hadn't noticed the Detolf @ Ikea :banana That's me decided :cool: All I gotta do now is get the room organised. I was gonna buy everyfing else at Ikea, so this is the icing on the cake:D

It'll be some time B4 this happens, but I'll be going to Ikea again soon to get ideas. :clap:clap:clap

TC

BDboystoys said:
Thanks! I'll go get that soon! It really improves the look. But would it affect the figs?

It gets a bit warm in there with the light on and mabye colour fading(?)...but I doubt it. I have the light at the back to avoid directly shining onto the figures.

Doomhammer: Detolf shelf height is 15" for all, non adjustable. With Billy, pegs are used to adjust the height. The shelf shown with figures is 13 1/2". Only the middle shelf is screwed shut.

The Detolf one DOES have adjustible shelves. The shelves are just glass sheets that can be taken out to fit taller items. The glass sheet just sits on the side frame. Look at the pics. Even on inksters, inkster it looks to me like yours are adjustible just like mine. in fact im pretty certain yours is exactly the same as mine. as you can see in inkster's pic the shelves just sit on the frame.

I use the Billy's as well. One with the glass doors.
They work pretty good and look fairly nice. They shelves are strong and have shown absolutely no signs of deflection (bending) after 2 years.
I need a couple of more billys' now. I also have another Ikea cabinet, I'm not sure of the name though...its a little nicer than the Billy's
Here are a few pics....

Are the welds holding the shelves in the Detolf case strong enough to hold polystone?

I was looking at them in Ikea last week, wondering how strong they are.And, I could've sworn someone on this board had a problem with one of the welds popping and having a very close call... :confused:

On the ikea site it says the shelves can each carry 13 lb/6 kg. That's not too much imo.
I had a close call like that but it wasn't with an ikea cabinet. I remember posting it on the board, not sure if that's what you're recalling.

Thanks for the comments guys, I need to look into this :banana

Back