DC Direct Green Lantern Corps 13" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mart_P

Freaked Out
Reaction score
The set was released in the UK last week, for those of you interested in the Hal Jordan figure it's the same as the original DC Direct release apart from the costume, I know some people were concerned the mask may not be removeable.

What really sucks about this is that you have four possible releases but unlike HT when they do their two in ones, you would have to buy four of these sets just to have each one of the figures. The pack-ins really don't make a whole lot of sense for the common collector who opens, shelves and leaves it be. They feel a lot more like they are being marked to those who would either play with them or like MF interchange for picture's sake. Hal does look pretty good, so do the other except I'm not liking the bug eyes on Abin Sur but as a whole it just makes me scratch my head.

Yeah, Abin Sur's eyes are goofy! :google

But it is nice to see DC step up a little it. Those colored necks are a step in the right direction. I can't help but see a giant chicken and the creature from the black lagoon in the other two heads though :lol

The set was released in the UK last week, for those of you interested in the Hal Jordan figure it's the same as the original DC Direct release apart from the costume, I know some people were concerned the mask may not be removeable.

thanks for posting pix, am looking forward to this figure, and hopefully it arrives by this weekend.

looks good, actually tempted a bit to get one...hehehe

AFR

Dammit, I forgot to cancel this and Forbidden Planet just billed me! Why did i want to cancel? Cos I got the original off eBay a few weeks ago (I prefer the green over the shoulders look too) and decided to wait until I could find a cheaper re-release / Corps figure. Oh well... I will have GL plus his mentor to pose together!

I grabbed one today from my local shop. DC really needs to step up the QC on these for the price. The store got five of these in and on three of them the chest symbols were off center on the chest and the symbol was also slightly rotated so the lanterns looked tilted.

Last edited:
I will post some comparison pics with the first version later but the alternate heads are pretty neat. Tomar Re and the fish dude actually have translucent plastic fins which is a nice touch.

First up one of my favorite GL Corps members, Tomar Re!

p1020212pp7.jpg

p1020211ne8.jpg
p1020209zg1.jpg

p1020205us3.jpg

Fish Dude (NautKeiLoi)

He looks better without the helmet to me. Helmet has pretty good details, including sculpted speakers inside of it though.

p1020223oq2.jpg

p1020229ts3.jpg

p1020230yl6.jpg

thanks for the pix Natrix. Seems that the figure, the headsculpts in particular turned out better than expected.

Nice pics Natrix! :clap

I received mine yesterday and after you're post about off centre and off kilter GL symbols on the chest I had to check mine. At first I thought the symbol was off centre but I realised the cloth costume was just kinda pulled to one side after the figure was dressed in the factory if you get what I mean.

I'm really liking the DC Direct Deluxe figures as big n clunky as they are and despite some quality control issues.... looking forward to getting more.

Both of the 13" Batman figures I bought had what appeared to be off centre symbols on their chest but they just pulled into place when the costume was adjusted.

They are, on the whole, nice figures. Very striking and very reminiscent of the old Mego figures.

Back