Who do the troops pick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoodonit00

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Couple weeks ago someone made a big deal that Obama was getting more donations from our fine men and women in the Armed Forces. Here is a sample polling on how they plan on voting. Notice they are overwhelmingly in John McCains corner, except for a certain ethnicity. Racism is such a nasty thing. It's hard to believe in this day and age that it is still so obvious.
https://www.militarytimes.com/static/projects/pages/081003_ep_2pp.pdf

Are you saying the African Americans polled were racist because they chose Obama, or the other races polled were racist because they chose McCain?

Mmm. Intresting.

You'd think they'd pick Obama to get out of there....
Why would you think that when the majority of the stories I read from Iraq state that most of the soldiers there believe in the mission and are seeing true progress. I've read stories from soldiers that have lost limbs who want to go back and are pissed because they can't because they want to see the mission through.

WHAT M.....nevermind.

I admire their dedication. I really do. They're brave SOB's, and thats the truth.

Are you saying the African Americans polled were racist because they chose Obama, or the other races polled were racist because they chose McCain?
Isn't it obvious to you?

ETA I hear so many times that if Obama loses, it will be because of racism. I'm just having a little fun with the overwhelming bias from the black community in this election.

With the exception of our own DA, most ex-military I've spoken to believe in the Iraq mission. And their perception is that the US is doing good there, and they're happy to see the US trying to eradicate an oppressive government and tribal forces. I've also heard from a fellow employee that what is reported on the nightly news and what is actually happening, is not the same you see on TV.

Last edited:
And another point...

Sure there are racists that won't vote for Obama because he is black. But don't forget that there are just as many who WILL vote for Obama just because he is black.

Why would you think that when the majority of the stories I read from Iraq state that most of the soldiers there believe in the mission and are seeing true progress. I've read stories from soldiers that have lost limbs who want to go back and are pissed because they can't because they want to see the mission through.

WHAT M.....nevermind.

I admire their dedication. I really do. They're brave SOB's, and thats the truth.

And what is whites voting for McCain? Normal? LOL.

But that wasnt the point of my post.....it was a little quip to Hoody's odd response.

CP, your posts really are appearing rather silly lately, and not much thought put into them. They're not even making sense, to me at least.

it's true. if i could get back in the military doing what i did before, i'd certainly jump back. but seeing they will only let me do a desk job i would rather do it outside in the civilian world.

CP, your posts really are appearing rather silly lately, and not much thought put into them. They're not even making sense, to me at least.

I mostly post this crap at night....where I really have no train of thought. Also, im very defensive this weekend...so I tend to start agurments for no reason....

However, hoody was talking about how the black people were baised because they were voting for Obama....so I made the joke saying that are white people racist for voting for McCain.

Mmm. Intresting.

You'd think they'd pick Obama to get out of there....

Maybe they're just too dumb - well that was the Dem argument last time

irak_big.jpg

IMO the worst thing to ever happen to the United States was abolishing the draft in peacetime. Now the military is too full of people of right wing bent, and I worry when today's military leaders age out and the entire hierarchy is from the all-volunteer force.

Not that you'd get very far in advocating compulsory military service in Washington these days. I can guarantee that we would get into far fewer questionable military scraps than we do now if everyone had an equal chance of being dumped in a dangerous situation in a combat zone.

Also, worth saying... I'm supporting Obama because I believe he's better equipped to get us out of the fine mess our last administration got us into than McCain is, but it certainly isn't hurting my feelings that so many racists are going to be made so incredibly angry at having a (in their view at least) black President. I really enjoy watching morons get angry. ;)

(I realize that perhaps calling racists "morons" is incendiary... so be it:monkey5.)

I just hope we don't get dragged any deeper into the cluster^^^^ that is Pakistan. My idea of a geopolitical nightmare is a destabilized Pakistan in full scale civil war, and I'm afraid that's what we have coming thanks to our mishandling of the Middle East.

Last edited:
F'N political threads are a disease to this board......if mods dont stop this infection soon,I will unleashed an unprecedent fury against this board and will Kall all krusaders from their dark slumber to unleash another era of thread derailling, e-bashing and extremely annoying and nasty posts on this boaard.

You have been warned.

The Great worm.

Also, worth saying... I'm supporting Obama because I believe he's better equipped to get us out of the fine mess our last administration got us into than McCain is, but it certainly isn't hurting my feelings that so many racists are going to be made so incredibly angry at having a (in their view at least) black President. I really enjoy watching morons get angry. ;)

(I realize that perhaps calling racists "morons" is incendiary... so be it:monkey5.)

Oh yeah - if ya don't vote obama you're a racist.

I just hope we don't get dragged any deeper into the cluster^^^^ that is Pakistan. My idea of a geopolitical nightmare is a destabilized Pakistan in full scale civil war, and I'm afraid that's what we have coming thanks to our mishandling of the Middle East.

You do realise Obama was more hawkish than McCain on Pakistan right ?

In one of the more heated moments of the debate, Mr. Obama, the Democratic presidential nominee, argued that he would take the war to Osama bin Laden’s cave door, whether Pakistan cooperated or not. And it was Mr. McCain, the Republican nominee, who argued that without Pakistan’s cooperation, any such operation was doomed.

https://blog.foreignpolicy.com/node/9905

Oh yeah - if ya don't vote obama you're a racist
Now c'mon, that isn't what I said at all. What i said was that many people that are racists will become quite upset if/when Obama becomes President, thus providing a minor incentive for me to vote for him.

There are plenty of reasons not to vote for Barack that have nothing to do with tendencies towards racial prejudice, and I think virtually everyone recognizes that. Pointing out that there are people who dislike Obama primarily because of their own prejudices is not the same thing as inferring that it's the ONLY reason to dislike Obama.
You do realise Obama was more hawkish than McCain on Pakistan right ?
Yes, and the particulars of Obama's rhetoric on the Pakistani situation is the single biggest reservation I have about him, so score one point out of about a hundred for McCain on that one.

In practice I think it's already too late, that we'll end up with troops on the ground in Pakistan in a significant fashion no matter who wins, and it is going to be nasty all around. The Bush administration got WAAAAAAY too cozy with the Musharraf regime, and now we're going to feel the backlash. Our foreign policy over the last eight years has created more terrorists, not fewer.

In retrospect, we should have let the Soviet Union take Afghanistan. Puhleeze. I hope we've now learned that the enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend.

Back