It's Over! No More!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PsychoCenobite

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've just made the decision to not buy any more pieces! :sick

I've just cancelled most of my pre-orders - I left the Sideshow 'Darth' and 'Obi' but the rest have been cancelled. It's going to be hard to decide whether to cancel or keep 'Darth' and 'Obi'. I might just keep 'Darth'.

Once I get my 'Sauron' and now my 'Witch King', then that will be it.

It's finally over... :sick

Psycho Cenobite :horror

PsychoCenobite said:
I've just made the decision to not buy any more pieces! :sick

Yeah, not to be cynical or anything, but

Let me know how that goes :p

If you're dead serious about it the best way to go is cut up your CC. Then again that might not do you any good at all since you probably know the numbers by heart :p

Yeah, I feel your pain. But this is part of the collecting disease. I seem to swear off something completely (recently it was a Hawaiiana collection, before that a camera collection) only to get restless and return to collecting something else. My new something else are now SS stuff.

For me, what seems to work is to stick to strict rules and not trying to be a completist. I tell myself, "I don't need everything of so-and-so line." It sort of works. And I've also discovered the stuff I put on the very bottom of the "I have to get rid of this stuff list" is the stuff I always end up keeping and adding to. I figure it must be the stuff I really like and want to collect.

So, if it helps, think of your SS polystone stuff as "investments" not "collectibles." As long as they don't fall off the shelf, you can keep saying that to yourself. Right? ;)

Very true. I got tired of collecting LotR-stuff after the SDCC madness and decided to put 90% off, only to get dragged into the world of 12" figures, which is potentially worse, given the enormous diversity and customability (that doesn't sound right). Dont go for the extremes, they don't work. Stick to simple rules and restricions like Polystoner said.

Last edited:
That happens PC i lost the love of collecting polystone but returned me and i continue till..............................

It's only a decision. Okay, it may be in writing now, but it is not set in concrete. You can cancel it later. And order it up again when the mood hits.

I think we all have experienced that sense of loss of control. Our collections and collecting habits taking over our lives. How we handle it is another story. Cold turkey, time off, self hypnosis, counselling, psychiaric assessment, building extensions, none of them work for me. I had reached a stage where I was happy, momentarily. Then Sideshow released something else. I, too, would be interested to know what succeeds. Let us know.

FrodoEyes said:
I myself have been taken over by some form of madness and repeatedly tried to sell my collection, but no more!!

So that means your back in to get all of them?

Hell yes little guy....so you're gonna have to work hard to catch me! You may lead in posts, but I lead in the most important thing - polystone!! MWAHAHAHAHA :D

I just need 4 statues: Newborn, and the big 3...

And 5 busts: Wiki, Uruk scout, Lurtz, Orc Soldier, Moria Orc Archer

I might get the troll maquettes if they give more stuff away free with them :D

And I'm not - and WILL not be! - a helm, medallion and plaque completist. Maybe weapon sets....and helms I can get through the years when I can afford them....my god this isnt good..

Good no more crazy talk then about selling your stuff.

Busts I'm not really into so that's why I only have 6.

Statues I just need 13 and I hope to get them over time to have them all.

Statue
The Watcher
FellBeast
Lurtz
Moria Orc Swordsman
Orc Pitmaster
Arwen
Orc Brute
Moria Orc Archer
The Witch King
Uruk Scout Swordsman
Bilbo
New Born Uruk

Quitting isnt as hard as it sounds. When you've got plenty of bills to choose from, your mind is just fine by cancelling that expensive polystone I can tell you.

jlcmsu said:
Busts I'm not really into so that's why I only have 6.

Oh but busts complete the collection! For example on my Eowyn/Morgul Lord/Theoden shelf I have the Rohirrim soldier and Eomer busts, so that's all of Rohan covered....Grishnakh is infront of Ugluk, the Mouth of Sauron is in there, Treebeard, and Faramirs helm next to Boromir!

there will always be one more.................to collect, find, purchase..........an ongoing business I reckon. :joy

FrodoEyes said:
Oh but busts complete the collection! For example on my Eowyn/Morgul Lord/Theoden shelf I have the Rohirrim soldier and Eomer busts, so that's all of Rohan covered....Grishnakh is infront of Ugluk, the Mouth of Sauron is in there, Treebeard, and Faramirs helm next to Boromir!

Frodo I will not let you get me with the Boromir Effect :p.............. Well, maybe someday :p

Back