"Joker" graphic novel by Brian Azzarello

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have it pre-ordered on Amazon. I can't wait. There have been reviews comparing Azzarello's Joker to Alan Moore's take on the character. I don't mean the persona, but the quality of writing.

Some people are going to comment on this book as a quick way for DC to cash in on the popularity and attention garnered by TDK and Ledger's Joker, but those detractor's should note that this story was greenlit several years ago and was completed well before TDK wowed audiences. The book's release date, well, that was certainly affected by the movie.

Yeah, im really interested in this ever since I heard it was being made. bermejo is awesome. My avatar is a two face sketch of his.

Abner looked like The Penguin. That's not who it's supposed to be, is it? The Penguin's name is Oswald....

I think it's just a nickname he invented on the spot. One of his "Joker-isms".

I love the cover. It's terrifying. It makes you wonder who he could possibly be smiling at.

Awesome. I'll definitely pick this up. I've loved Batman graphic novels ever since I read the Dark Knight Returns.

Looks great. The artwork is also topnotch. I wonder how does Batman looks like in the novel

Have it pre-ordered on Amazon. I can't wait. There have been reviews comparing Azzarello's Joker to Alan Moore's take on the character. I don't mean the persona, but the quality of writing.

Some people are going to comment on this book as a quick way for DC to cash in on the popularity and attention garnered by TDK and Ledger's Joker, but those detractor's should note that this story was greenlit several years ago and was completed well before TDK wowed audiences. The book's release date, well, that was certainly affected by the movie.

I wish it was. Could you imagine a Nolan written Joker tale? Based off Ledgers Joker? I never want to see that Joker on film again, but man, in comic form....:monkey5

It may have been greenlit "years ago," but the artist clearly took cues from Nolan's world (who took cues from Miller, Loeb, and Sale).

It may have been greenlit "years ago," but the artist clearly took cues from Nolan's world (who took cues from Miller, Loeb, and Sale).

That's fairly obvious. You mean the real world feel and setting and Joker's Gossamer grin? Yes, because those cues are exclusive to Nolan, he owns those now.

Love the art. Havent picked up a comic in years, but this looks like it will be a fun read.

Back