PDA

View Full Version : Question about sideshow gift card with DVD

mattman6886
10-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know if you can use both the $50 gift card that came with Iron Man AND the $25 card that comes with Crystal Skull from Best Buy? I know that Sideshow says that you can only use one card per account/ promotion, but what promotion do these cards fall under? I wish they could explain this better. Thanks.

Shropt
10-15-2008, 04:50 PM
You can only use one giftcard per puchase and you can only use one of any kind of giftcard per account.

Malice
10-15-2008, 04:51 PM
open a second account under someone elses name.

mattman6886
10-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the quick responses! So what your saying is that once I use a gift card, I can never use a gift card (under that account) ever again? EVER?

Malice
10-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the quick responses! So what your saying is that once I use a gift card, I can never use a gift card (under that account) ever again? EVER?

not the same kind:D

Darth Madden
10-15-2008, 05:09 PM
I would think they are 2 different promotions so you could use both.

Wor-Gar
10-15-2008, 05:43 PM
One code per order.

thenammagazine
10-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Terms and conditions, Section 1:

Gift Card redemption:

* Gift Cards can only be redeemed online.
* You must be 18 years or older to redeem a Gift Card.
* Void where prohibited by law.
* Only one (1) Gift Card may be redeemed per user account/per promotion.
* Gift Cards are redeemable on select Sideshow in-stock / back-ordered merchandise only. For your convenience, a list of the select in-stock items available for purchase with your new Gift Card can be found at the right of this page. Gift Cards are not valid on product(s) in pre-order status at the time of order or on wait list reservations.
* Gift Cards cannot be used in combination with other discounts, coupons, Sideshow Rewards, promotions or other Gift Cards.
* All orders are reviewed by the Sideshow Collectibles Customer Service team prior to fulfillment. If orders are deemed in violation of any of these Terms and Conditions, they will be adjusted accordingly.
* Gift codes must be reentered at check out in order to be applied to your order. Gift codes can not be applied after order is submitted.

Darth Madden
10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah, but 2 separate movies could = 2 separate promotions

thenammagazine
10-16-2008, 09:03 PM

No, reread the 2nd bolded statement.

Darth Madden
10-16-2008, 09:04 PM
No, reread the 2nd bolded statement.

I know you can't use them at the same time but they could be like a Spooktacular and a SDCC.... 2 Separate promotions so you can use both cards.

thenammagazine
10-16-2008, 09:05 PM

No, reread the 2nd bolded statement:

* Gift Cards cannot be used in combination with other discounts, coupons, Sideshow Rewards, promotions or other Gift Cards.

Darth Madden
10-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Never mind.. you don't get what I am trying to say... or maybe I'm not making it clear.

thenammagazine
10-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Never mind.. you don't get what I am trying to say... or maybe I'm not making it clear.

You cannot use 2 gift cards on one order. That's what that means. Whether they're from the same promotion or different promotions. They cannot be combined. If you don't believe me, try it and cancel the order when it goes to entering your payment info. They'll say the same thing. You cannot combine a gift card with any other gift card or even rewards points. They don't allow it.

Darth Madden
10-16-2008, 09:09 PM
You cannot use 2 gift cards on one order. That's what that means. Whether they're from the same promotion or different promotions. They cannot be combined.

I know you can't combine them... but can you use them separetly. Like you can use a Spooktacualr GC and a SDCC GC?

thenammagazine
10-16-2008, 09:13 PM
I know you can't combine them... but can you use them separetly. Like you can use a Spooktacualr GC and a SDCC GC?

No. Let's assume I have the Iron Man $50 gc and the Indy $25 gc. I can't purchase the Thor PF and get a $75 discount. I can use the $50 Iron man gc on one order. Then place another order and use the $25 card. You just can't use two cards on one order.

Darth Madden
10-16-2008, 09:15 PM
No. Let's assume I have the Iron Man $50 gc and the Indy $25 gc. I can't purchase the Thor PF and get a $75 discount. I can use the $50 Iron man gc on one order. Then place another order and use the $25 card. You just can't use two cards on one order.

Bingo... thats what I was wondering about. I figured it was 2 different promotions so you could use both cards just not together. Wow, I babbled a lot in this tread... sorry about that... must be time for bed. :)

mr.thrifty
10-16-2008, 09:17 PM

shut it. :lol your both saying the same thing. :rotfl

Darth Madden
10-16-2008, 09:18 PM
shut it. :lol your saying the same thing. :rotfl

Shut the heck up and go play with your new Jabba. :D

mr.thrifty
10-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Shut the heck up and go play with your new Jabba. :D

I can't play with jabba. he just sits there looking off into space. :lol
btw...he is now old. :monkey3

Battletroll
10-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Usually the first 3 letters/ digits denote the promotion the GC belongs to. For example, Comic Con 2008 cards start with CC8 and the Catalog #10 card starts with CA2. So I would assume that if the DVD GCs each start with a different denotation, they count as separate promotions.

The Ween
12-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Does anyone know the expiration date for the Indy DVD gift card? I am moving things and I packed the set away without taking the giftcard out. It would save me some hassle digging it back out if someone knows. If it doesn't expire for awhile I'll leave it be for now. Thanks!