Captain America Found in Marvel Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devil_666

Super Freak
Reaction score
The weekend after "Iron Man" opened, people everywhere were buzzing about the secret scene after the end credits with Samuel L. Jackson in a cameo as Marvel Comics' Nick Fury. It was so successful, actually, that a subsequent scene Robert Downey Jr. filmed to go at the tail end of "The Incredible Hulk" was moved up to the last scene in the film and featured in TV commercials.
But what escaped most viewers' notice were hints in both movies signaling the forthcoming appearance of another Marvel icon: Captain America. With "Iron Man" out on DVD now, and "The Incredible Hulk" hitting shelves next Tuesday, sharp-eyed fans can catch tiny glimpses of Cap if they know where to look.
A few perceptive observers noticed during the theatrical run of "Iron Man" that in the scene where Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) walks in on Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) as his armor is being removed, there was something on the workbench behind him. Circular, with red and white stripes and a half-completed star in the center, it was speculated that this was Captain America's iconic shield.
pseudoblog_ironmancap400.jpg

In a Q&A session in Santa Monica last month, director Jon Favreau confirmed that it is indeed Cap's shield. He said a visual effects artist at Industrial Light & Magic had placed it there just as a joke. But Favreau loved the little "Easter egg" and decided it should stay.
pseudoblog_ironmancapcu200.jpg

Captain America himself made a cameo in "The Incredible Hulk," but don't feel bad if you didn't see it. While director Louis Letterier had hinted in interviews that they had shot an appearance, the scene ended up on the cutting room floor. But now it can finally be seen in the bonus features on the DVD, as first spotted by FilmSchoolRejects.com.
pseudoblog_mycap400.jpg

In the original opening scene of the movie, Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) travels to the Arctic, away from civilization, to try to end his own life and rid the world of the Hulk. There, buried in the ice, is the frozen body of Captain America. It's a little difficult to make out the figure, but again he can be identified by his shield.
pseudoblog_mycap200a.jpg

The character is scheduled to get his own film, called "The First Avenger: Captain America," in May of 2011. Then he's expected to join Iron Man, Hulk, Thor and other Marvel heroes in the group "Avengers" movie that July. The speculation is that the first movie will be his origin story, set during World War II like the initial comics. Then he will be frozen and brought back in modern times to join the team, just like he did in the books. Jon Favreau has stated he'd like to direct "The Avengers," but first he's focusing on "Iron Man 2," hitting screens in May 2010.

https://movies.yahoo.com/feature/captainamerica_blog.html

Damn.. 2011!?

rememberzm4.jpg

This thread contains the OFFICIAL explanation, not just speculation like those other 2 threads. smh. In the future actually READ what's in a thread before you transform into the Search Function Master.

It could have easily been added in those threads where the discussion is actually going on in instead of having yet another thread about it. It makes it much easier to keep track of a conversation instead of reading three different threads. If YOU would have read those threads all the "official" information you posted is in them as well except the Iron Man stuff which is in the Iron Man movie thread. There are several threads about the Captain America and Avengers movie information as well so there is nothing new here.

Last edited:
Both those threads are in the Marvel section. I posted this in the MOVIE section where it belongs. Sue me for following the rules. Take it to The People's Court.

Both those threads are in the Marvel section. I posted this in the MOVIE section where it belongs. Sue me for following the rules. Take it to The People's Court.

Dude, I am not trying to pick a fight with you. Chill out.

My first thread was linking to current threads where there was already discussion going on about exactly what you posted. You got all defensive with me so I merely explained that there are other threads and it is not fun tracking down information in a bunch of other threads.

Nah I already filed our case. See you in court... the PEOPLE'S COURT.

Dun-Dun.. DUN.

"in the case of.. The Thread, that should've been CUT".

That's the weird thing. When Marvel news is posted in the Movie section some of the mods move it Marvel. Yet they don't do the same with the DC Movies or horror movies, etc..... while others leave it as is....seems like there should be unified mod stance to stop the confusions.....

Either way I'm interested to see the alternate opening because you'd think finding Captain America would be a major scenestealer.....that is why it made sense as an ending but now that it is being touted as an opening that is a bit confusing....

That's the weird thing. When Marvel news is posted in the Movie section some of the mods move it Marvel. Yet they don't do the same with the DC Movies or horror movies, etc..... while others leave it as is....seems like there should be unified mod stance to stop the confusions....

Yeah.. I'm confused too. Oh well..

Either way I'm interested to see the alternate opening because you'd think finding Captain America would be a major scenestealer.....that is why it made sense as an ending but now that it is being touted as an opening that is a bit confusing....

What really made me scratch my head is: with an upcoming Captain America movie in the works you'd think that would be a neccessary scene to hype it up. Regardless of where in the film it would be, you'd atleast think it WOULD be in the movie. Yet it was cut and will now only be seen on the DVD.

And from what I understand it isn't the main focus of that scene either.. it's basically a wide shot so it can easily be missed. And it's not pointed out or mentioned by any of the characters etc. Kinda weird.

Before the Cap film comes out we'll have IM2 and the full length Thor, maybe they decided to do it there?

True. Plus I forgot in Hulk General Ross mentions the Super soldier serum they give to Abomination. I'm sure they'll hype it up more. The thought of JUST the characters so far: Iron Man and Hulk, onscreen in the same movie is pretty cool. Add on Caps and Thor.. and possibly Scarlet Witch who imo doesn't need her own movie, she could be introduced in the Avengers film. That movie should be nuts with the CGI. lol.

Recent info has Ant-Man, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk and the Wasp in the film line up of the Avengers with the Wasp set up to be introduced and contained in the Avengers film. Of course the Ant-Man film is still stuck in Pre-Production with the clock running out that it'll premiere before The Avengers like it was supposed to.

awesome find ! :rock Gonna have to see these both now ! :rock

The scenes again that is.. obviously I've already seen the movies.

I saw it in the theater, amazing movie. I was stoked when I saw that, but doesnt that mean that the Black Panther has to make an appearance at somepoint to make a trade embargo for the traingle shield?

Because I know Roosevelt gave him the circluar one, stark made the improvements.

to many comics as a kid...

I saw it in the theater, amazing movie. I was stoked when I saw that, but doesnt that mean that the Black Panther has to make an appearance at somepoint to make a trade embargo for the traingle shield?

Because I know Roosevelt gave him the circluar one, stark made the improvements.

to many comics as a kid...

can't.. focus.. I... uh..
cantcomputeqg6.gif

Back