What to do ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keano

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I recently got some money and would like to spend it for SSW stuff as ever.

I am in Europe so only from here I would buy due to taxes and shipping costs from the US.

Nevertheless : What would you do buy either the Lurtz figure or the Gollum 3/4 head ?

What decision would you take ???

Which one looks better and is a must have ???

Thanks in advance.

:banana :banana :banana :banana

But doesn't the Gollum head represent Gollum in the correct way ?

Lurtz also looks great but he doesn't have much motion. I mean he's only standing there ??

Keano said:

Lurtz also looks great but he doesn't have much motion. I mean he's only standing there ??

I would go for Lurtz also. I never liked the Gollum head simply because it's 3/4 scale. Pretty much defeats the point of having a large head, IMO. Why not make it 1:1? I think the plaque looks tacky, also.

I probably would have bought the head at 1:1 scale, but this was just a poor decision by whoever made it. I also disagree with the statement above that there are too many Gollum products. There are no real quality products, IMO. The regular 1/4 scale bust is excellent, but I don't collect those. The DVD statues don't have black bases and look way out of place, and the 3/4 head is at a stupid scale. I was hoping that SS/W would make a Gollum that I would actually buy, but that never happened. Sigh...

Hi Keano I would go for the Gollum bust I love it I think its quite realistic and stands out from the other pieces because of its size and ratio which I think really highlights his part in the Trilogy very well! Thats just my bit on it but i think that Lurtz is a bit boring esp the pose which could have been much better given his part in the movie! Ugluk is a better buy there I think, but between Lurtz/Gollum bust definitely Gollum for me, very lifelike!!
Now we've gone and rightly confused ya!!!! :banana :mwaha

Keano said:

I actually love the 3/4 Gollum bust. But faced with a decision between him and Lurtz I would go with Lurtz. Sure this isn't an action pose, but the Gollum bust isn't either. I think the Lurtz statue really represents an important scene from the movie as basically the beginning of the Uruk-Hai army. And if you already have or ever have the chance to pick up Saruman, they look extremely well displayed together.

Gollum is big, detailed & underrated, not to mention LE1500! It's also a bit of a steal at the moment, seen a few on ebay around the £100 mark.

Lurtz is readily available & in higher numbers.

Get Gollum first & Lurtz later. :D

I don't own these but my pick would be Gollum. A bust that size should really stand out in your collection. But perhaps that's a bad thing in your opinion. From the pics I've seen the bust is wonderfully detailed, whilst Lurtz is a bit uninteresting imho.

That is a tough one. I have Gollum and have seen Lurtz, which is one of the pieces I really want right now. Gollum was one of my first and it is a thing of beauty. I think it captures the character perfectly. Lurtz is a perfect maquette piece, though somewhat boring. When it all comes down to it, since Gollum is readily available and will be so for awhile, get Lurtz because it's getting rarer everyday.

SSW LOTR line of products are truly well done.... you should take both... no compromise...

I have both ... the bust detail is excellent and the best representation
of Gollum SS did but then Lurtz standing with Saruman and Wormtongue
is a must statue collection.

What to do?

I have Lurtz and would vote for this one. To me he represents the Uruk-hai, and I personally prefer the statues to the busts. Haven't seen the Gollum bust personally...........

I have Lurtz and Gollum Bust, go with Gollum. It is so damn realistic looking, eyes shining with malice, it is a very impressive piece. :google

Back