PDA

View Full Version : POLL- Hot Toys- Jim Gordon, would you buy one?

wookster
10-14-2008, 03:42 AM
Well I said it, so I ought to do it!-
http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43041&page=28

I'd be down for one, and I know many of you would too, but how many?

MaulFan
10-14-2008, 03:46 AM
Hell yeah, but please let it be more standard clothes like he wore early on or at the very end, not SWAT gear, it was only for one season and isn't good for representing the character.

Rock83
10-14-2008, 03:48 AM
Maybe...would need to see the final product before i buy it,im sure HT would make one hell of a nice Gordon just as they did with Two Face.

Dally
10-14-2008, 03:50 AM
Maybe...would need to see the final product before i buy it,im sure HT would make one hell of a nice Gordon just as they did with Two Face.

Yeah, I'd wait for pictures. I wasn't planning on getting Two-Face, but as soon as I saw the pics and saw how awesome it was I pre-ordered immediately.

Morbo
10-14-2008, 03:54 AM
I would buy one. This line NEEDS a Gordon. not a Swat version though, just regular street clothes.

wookster
10-14-2008, 03:54 AM
Yep, I'd be down for suit, tie and coat look over the SWAT gear, I just don't know what Oldman is like on likeness issues?

But he's not as precious as he used to be, I mean when I saw him doing the ITV football add-
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TDPJp613fSg

I thought...
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/retskoow/Pred%20bust/wtfJPG.jpg

But at least he's human-
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnuf6CKQjo0&NR=1
and pretty good at keepy upy!
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ks83cbj83yw&feature=related

The Ringer
10-14-2008, 03:57 AM
Please Hot Toys do Gordon some Justice. I don't think that there is one thing on the market right now Gordon related even in the mass produced area. Batman needs Gordon and so do the collectors!

Morbo
10-14-2008, 03:58 AM
He'd be cool with the likeness issue:huh
I have no idea, but who wouldn't want themselves as a 12" doll that grown men like to dress up?:lol

Devil_666
10-14-2008, 04:02 AM
Possible accessories:

A gun, handcuffs and a working 1/6 scale Bat signal.

Rock83
10-14-2008, 04:09 AM
he needs to come with the Bulletproof Vest though,a no brainer.

wookster
10-14-2008, 04:09 AM
But who wouldn't want themselves as a 12" doll ?:lol
That'd be John Hurt then!!!! Sasenfrasensisenfrasen!

Reinhardt
10-14-2008, 04:11 AM
i'm saying no right now because i'm getting a bit burnt out on dark knight nowand would like hot toys to pursue other licenses. but knowing me, if i were to see pics, it would easily cave.

darren1228
10-14-2008, 04:14 AM

:lol:lol

I'd be totally down for a Gordon. As many have said I don't want him in SWAT gear. I think this is from Batman Begins but this would be the gear I want him in. Did he ever wear the trenchcoat in TDK?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/news/batman-the-dark-knight/garyoldman.gif

intothevoid
10-14-2008, 04:17 AM
Have you guys seen Spenser's Gordon? It's incredible. If HT don't make one, I'm going for this!

Dark Knight Lieutenant/Commissioner James Gordon head sculpt with brass etched glasses. Unpainted only, $40 shipped.

Please note what you are buying when you pay pal.Pay Pal LANDREA813@aol.com

http://prophouse2000.com/gordonhead1.jpg

Morbo
10-14-2008, 04:30 AM

oh yeah,:duh, well apart from him.
can't remember if he wore a trench coat, but HT could throw one in for free, for all the loyal customers.:D

darren1228
10-14-2008, 04:34 AM
oh yeah,:duh, well apart from him.
can't remember if he wore a trench coat, but HT could throw one in for free, for all the loyal customers.:D

I think Hot Toys likes to think in terms of "variants" and "variations" :lol

kazukijun
10-14-2008, 04:39 AM
hell yeah!!!
And I do agree with MaulFan, put him out in his standard clothing.

blakus939
10-14-2008, 04:44 AM
hmmmmm, no, i wouldnt. just not enough detail for me to 'ohhhh ahhh' over

darren1228
10-14-2008, 04:48 AM
hmmmmm, no, i wouldnt. just not enough detail for me to 'ohhhh ahhh' over

He has a great mustache to ohhhh ahhh over :D

blakus939
10-14-2008, 05:06 AM
haha go the stache' :p
in all seriousness though
in batman we have the slick suit
in joker we have the costume + scarred face/makeup
in twoface we have the costume + scarred/burnt up face
all we'd have with gordon is a 100percent regular guy in a suit.....with a stache' and glasses, not enough to detail on :p he's not badass enough, too straight and narrow :D

the_killing_joke
10-14-2008, 05:14 AM
Gordon in his trenchcoat. Suited not SWAT gear. I'd be up for that! Perhaps a Joker card in a evidence bag too??

Him and Scarecrow would finish this off quite nicely I think.

Cocoboloboy
10-14-2008, 06:14 AM
Without a doubt. Gordon is a must. I'd want trencher version first and I'd probably buy others as well.

Mike1065
10-14-2008, 06:18 AM
Gordon is a MUST! Without him I will not be picking up Dent. COME ON HOT TOYS!

minivader
10-14-2008, 06:24 AM
hell yeah, I am more interested in gordon than any other characters in TDK, besides, we have never had a 1/6 figure made of a Gary Oldman. he certainly has been in enough good to great movies to deserve a 1/6 figure or a PF

kazukijun
10-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Gordon is a key character of TDK or the batman franchise itself, no reason for him not to get made.......just like Captain Barbosa from POTC!!!!

Still waiting & hoping...

apache_rulez
10-14-2008, 06:47 AM
I am on the bench i have to see the final product before i decide to buy. But i think it would be cool he comes with the swat outfit.

Zoolander
10-14-2008, 06:47 AM
I'd be more interested in a Scarecrow than a Gordon

Fives
10-14-2008, 06:50 AM
yes, i'd definately get a jim gordon, and i have to agree with most of you guys in that it would be better if it was just with regular clothes and not a SWAT gordon. if they can do a gordon like they did harvey dent then this will also be one hell of a figure!

cerealkeller
10-14-2008, 07:20 AM
Gordon's in my nightly prayers. Well, he would be if I still prayed. In all seriousness, Gordon is as essential to Batman as The Joker and Two-Face IMO. Trench coat please and 1/6 Batsignal so Gordon, Dent and Batman can meet and discuss crime in their fair city!

a-dev
10-14-2008, 07:21 AM
Voted yes. Gary Oldmans been doing such a brilliant job with what could have been an insignificant character. I'd buy both a trenchcoat/shirt&tie version and a SWAT version.

YoNoSe
10-14-2008, 07:30 AM
I'd be more interested in a Scarecrow than a Gordon

My thoughts exactly.

EVILFACE
10-14-2008, 09:14 AM
Of course I'll buy one.

He would not be that much effort beyond the sculpt. For the clothes patterns, use the suit and coat from the original Clark Kent figure, and include a SWAT vest and safety glasses and he is done.

Cap'n Cook
10-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Without question.

Disappointed HT have no more in the pipeline.

Moonloop
10-14-2008, 10:48 AM
I would buy a Jim Gordon if made. But I would much rather see a Scarecrow or Ras Al Ghul; and those two should take priority if HT still has the rights to BB.

C-Phan
10-14-2008, 10:50 AM
I would buy a Jim Gordon if made. But I would much rather see a Scarecrow or Ras Al Ghul; and those two should take priority if HT still has the rights to BB.
Damn right, the villains should be the priority.

uscmhicks
10-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Hell Yes I would !! :rock
I see him just as much as an important key character as the Batman himself ! :rock:rock

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/736/736397/gordon-batman-rooftop1_1159568432.jpg
http://dietrichthrall.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/batman_photos_oldman.jpg

I would want the figure in the trench coat though more than anything.

The Mike
10-14-2008, 11:30 AM
I would buy one. This line NEEDS a Gordon. not a Swat version though, just regular street clothes.

I would rather he comes in the SWAT gear with two heads, one masked and one unmasked...the SWAT version would be the most difficult to kitbash accurately while the street clothes suit would be as troubling as Wayne customs really.

Either way I'd order an HT Jim Gordon sight unseen, I have that much faith in them

nozzlewizard
10-14-2008, 12:25 PM
I doubt I'd get it if they released the figure, same as Harvey Dent really.

Darklord Dave
10-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Yep, I've been a Gordon advocate for a while now. It's not a glaring omission as Barbossa from the PotC line, but it would seem a no brainer if the other figures are selling well.

Cap'n Cook
10-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Damn right, the villains should be the priority.

Out of interest, why?

We now will have two villains, (OK Harvey could count as a 'hero'), and one hero, (albeit two variants of Bats). Although I would like a Scarecrow, Gordon would be top of my list.

uscmhicks
10-14-2008, 02:32 PM
same , even speaking in both terms of batman begins and the dark knight I would prefer a Gordon. It matters to me more who the character is and what he does in the story rather than if he just looks cool as a figure.
Not to say that scarecrow isn't an interesting character .

Rogue Trooper
10-14-2008, 02:35 PM
No, might buy a scuplt and make a custom but would not pay the price HT would charge for Gordon.

DKDetective14
10-14-2008, 03:50 PM
I'll take Gordon however they choose (hopefully) to make him, but I'd prefer he be in SWAT gear. Like someone said earlier, it'd be relatively easy to kitbash a suit for him.

darkknight
10-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Hell yeah, he's a key character.

Dr.Mirakle32
10-14-2008, 04:11 PM
He's Flanders in a trenchcoat...

uscmhicks
10-14-2008, 05:02 PM
hows this then ! :lol

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l448/uscmhicks/Untitled-1copy-3.jpg

peeping tom
10-14-2008, 06:08 PM
I don't know that I'd pay HT prices for Gordon, but I'd like an Oldman sculpt for tons of customs.

creecher
10-14-2008, 07:00 PM
What, no love for Alfred? :lol

uscmhicks
10-14-2008, 07:05 PM
I actually would consider Alfred. After he speech about the bandit " some men just wanna watch the world burn ".
I would love something to represent him . I felt that was a major part of the movie.
His performance was great too. :rock

I still might commit to Chris's sculpt. Just don't know if I can afford to start another figure because then if I get Alfred I may as well get Fox , Morgan Freeman never gives a crappy performance.

Seditionary
10-15-2008, 12:37 AM
I think he would need some serious accessories since I'm not entirely sure I would just buy gary oldman in a suit, as much as I love his take on the character. I sort of feel the same way about a scarecrow figure.

The Tuggernaut
10-15-2008, 12:40 AM
I've said this before, I love the character but as a figure... I wouldn't buy him.

thamesvalidude
10-15-2008, 03:27 AM
I'd buy him and Alfred and Fox. The facts that all my shelves are full and that my wife will probably move out if I spend one more dime on a figure are incidental!:horror

Darthy
10-15-2008, 06:38 AM
I would buy one for sure :monkey5

blakus939
10-15-2008, 09:54 AM
HAHA thats so funny, he does look like Ned Flanders.
On a usual side note, i would so buy an ALFRED, before gordon!

Captain Britain
10-15-2008, 10:03 AM
I wouldn't buy one and I don't want to see one - the reason being that in a line like this I think there's only room for one normal looking dude, and I'd like that to be Alfred, otherwise it dilutes the line. It's a bit like the Bond line - apart from Bond and the villains there was room for a Q figure, but if they'd gone on and done a couple of M's and Moneypenny's it would have been too much.

There's only ever room for one Oscar Goldman figure in a figure line, and here it should be Alfred.

peeping tom
10-15-2008, 01:03 PM
I think he would need some serious accessories since I'm not entirely sure I would just buy gary oldman in a suit, as much as I love his take on the character. I sort of feel the same way about a scarecrow figure.

Scarecrow in the straight jacket trench I would buy for sure.

Spliff
10-15-2008, 01:22 PM
there's other characters I want before him, but if it means a chance at more HT TDK/BB products then I'd buy one.

RattleRat
10-16-2008, 09:57 AM
We are getting almost every character from the movie..Hell, yes to Gordon and Alfred as well!

Captain Britain
10-16-2008, 11:11 AM
Before I'd want a Jim Gordon I'd want:

Fear Toxin Batman
Stiff Wing HK Batman
Ninja Bruce Wayne with spare business suit
Scarecrow
Alfred

peeping tom
10-16-2008, 12:08 PM
I love Michael Cane, but if I had a figure of him I wouldn't see Alfred.

Voorhees27
10-16-2008, 01:48 PM
I'd be down but it all depends on price. Anything over $100 is an easy pass for me.

Zapruder
10-16-2008, 02:59 PM
As long as the price is a little lower, I'd get it.

neo27apg
10-16-2008, 03:09 PM
i wouldn't mind getting one . To complete the the dark knight collection. but i have to agree with Zapruder to lower the price.

DarkArtist81
10-16-2008, 03:14 PM
I would. Especially in street clothes. It would be a no brainer. They should include a Bat signal though, to help him sell. :D

Darth_Fatso
10-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Jim Gordon is an important part in TDK as well as the entire Batman universe but to me personally I can't see myself picking up a figure of him no matter how great it looks. With the exception of Scarecrow (and maybe Ras), the only figures I mainly want from BB/TDK have allready been made or are being made.

Voorhees27
10-16-2008, 03:40 PM
As long as the price is a little lower, I'd get it.

Hey another Albertan! Welcome my friend! :chew

Cocoboloboy
10-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm really surprised at how many actually wouldn't pick up a Gordon figure. I bet the power of HT would change their minds once it's released. ;) :D

uscmhicks
10-16-2008, 03:53 PM
oh they would ! :rock A figure based on this character has so much potential.

EVILFACE
10-16-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm really surprised at how many actually wouldn't pick up a Gordon figure. I bet the power of HT would change their minds once it's released. ;) :D

Yea, the'll buy endless Jokers though . .

Darth_Fatso
10-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Well the reason I wouldn't pick up a Gordon figure is basically he's just not very interesting to me (the figure not the character). Same goes for a plain Bruce Wayne figure or even a Joker in cop uniform. The only reason I'd even consider a nurse Joker is if it has an alternate smiling head with BR Joker quality Heath Ledger likeness and if thats the case I'll probably just by the head seperately.

Captain Britain
10-16-2008, 04:46 PM
Well the reason I wouldn't pick up a Gordon figure is basically he's just not very interesting to me (the figure not the character). Same goes for a plain Bruce Wayne figure or even a Joker in cop uniform. The only reason I'd even consider a nurse Joker is if it has an alternate smiling head with BR Joker quality Heath Ledger likeness and if thats the case I'll probably just by the head seperately.

Me too. I wouldn't buy a plain Bruce Wayne figure in a suit either, as Bruce Wayne is nowhere near as iconic visually as Clark Kent (which I own a figure of).

I don't even want 2 face because although he's an iconic villain within the Batman world, he's not as widely known outside it. The older I get the more wary I am of buying something that will dilute the visual impact of my shelves, or which I might change my mind about later.

It's taken me a long time but I've finally realised that less is more!

a-dev
10-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Before I'd want a Jim Gordon I'd want:

Fear Toxin Batman
Stiff Wing HK Batman
Ninja Bruce Wayne with spare business suit
Scarecrow
Alfred

For a second I thought you were sarcastically making up figures - like Kenner used to do with their desert-camo batman with superfluous giant projectile launcher! Now, given your last post, I think you haven't made those up, they're film-based, but you're still being sarcastic about wanting them.

Darth_Fatso
10-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Me too. I wouldn't buy a plain Bruce Wayne figure in a suit either, as Bruce Wayne is nowhere near as iconic visually as Clark Kent (which I own a figure of).

I don't even want 2 face because although he's an iconic villain within the Batman world, he's not as widely known outside it. The older I get the more wary I am of buying something that will dilute the visual impact of my shelves, or which I might change my mind about later.

It's taken me a long time but I've finally realised that less is more!

I can understand only wanting "iconic" characters. To me personally, Bruce/Gordon/Harvey as figures just arn't interesting, they'er just guys in suits. The only reason I'll be picking up Harvey is because of the Two-Face sculpt and the fact he's one of my favorite villians but if it didn't have the extra Two-Face head I doubt I'd even bother picking up one (reguardless of how great it looks).

Zapruder
10-17-2008, 12:16 AM
Hey another Albertan! Welcome my friend! :chew

Yep, thanks! I'm new to the boards, but a big fan of the HT TDK stuff.