Hot Toys absolutely must make WATCHMEN figures!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yes, it was highly hinted at and inferred at SDCC (by people with ties to both DC and Warner Bros) that Hot Toys will be producing figures based on the WATCHMEN film. But after seeing what they have done with both the IRON MAN and TDK licenses I will be absolutely gutted if it never comes to pass.

And most WATCHMEN fans/collectors would want at least the following six figures made:

The Comedian
Rorschach
Dr. Manhattan
Nite Owl II
Silk Spectre II
Ozymandias

And that's to say nothing of variants as well as Minutemen figures. A truly complete line could be as many as 10-12 figures!

Damn it, this better happen! :lecture

Yes, it was highly hinted at and inferred at SDCC (by people with ties to both DC and Warner Bros) that Hot Toys will be producing figures based on the WATCHMEN film. But after seeing what they have done with both the IRON MAN and TDK licenses I will be absolutely gutted if it never comes to pass.

And most WATCHMEN fans/collectors would want at least the following six figures made:

The Comedian
Rorschach
Dr. Manhattan
Nite Owl II
Silk Spectre II
Ozymandias

And that's to say nothing of variants as well as Minutemen figures. A truly complete line could be as many as 10-12 figures!

Eeep! Are there now whispers this may not be a go? If I don't get these figures I may just jump from a high building. I mean these would be perfection! Just kinda worried about Doctor Manhattan. :lol

Eeep! Are there now whispers this may not be a go? If I don't get these figures I may just jump from a high building.
No whispers... I'm just starting to get antsy due to the lack of anymore news on the license with Hot Toys. I know that's silly of me, since the film doesn't come out until March and they normally don't announce new licenses this far in advance. All I know is that I must have Hot Toys WATCHMEN figures... at least the six I mentioned.

I mean these would be perfection!
Yes... yes, they would. :rock

is there a hope of getting sideshow premium formats for any of these characters? im guessing no because of dc but hey i can dream cant i?

is there a hope of getting sideshow premium formats for any of these characters? im guessing no because of dc but hey i can dream cant i?

Yeah, I would say there is almost no chance of Sideshow PFs. The closest would be if DC Direct decided to make statues. They're making busts (which actually look great); 7" action figures (also decent looking); prop replicas (the owl ship is awesome); and 13" figures (meh).

After the success of the Dark Knight line, Warner Brothers would be insane not to give Hot Toys the license. Is say its at least a 95% chance.

I don't know if i would be in for figures but I would definitely like to know I have the option instead of those DCD Frankensteins.

EDIT: Now that I'm really thinking about it they would make a striking lineup....

Eeep! Are there now whispers this may not be a go? If I don't get these figures I may just jump from a high building. I mean these would be perfection! Just kinda worried about Doctor Manhattan. :lol

Me too! I wonder just how accurate Hot Toys would go with his rubber body suit? :eek:

I would get at least Rorschach and the Comedian and maybe the others based on how good they look. Although Dr. Manhatten would be sweet, I'm just not sure my collection is ready for a blue naked guy.

Me too! I wonder just how accurate Hot Toys would go with his rubber body suit? :eek:

I would get at least Rorschach and the Comedian and maybe the others based on how good they look. Although Dr. Manhatten would be sweet, I'm just not sure my collection is ready for a blue naked guy.

I know the naked Dr. Manhatten is his iconic look, but I think I'd rather have Hot Toys put him in his tie and suit. That way I can choose to pose him how I want and get my money's worth. I don't know if I can pay $150 for a blue naked god-man. But a blue god-man in a nice, crisp suit and shined shoes I'd be okay with.

I would be down for Rorschach. The reality is, I'll want the rest of them if I pick up just one.

Hell, I can think of at least 3 different Comedian figures (or 2 if they made one with alternate heads) that I would want.

The Comedian
Rorschach
Dr. Manhattan
Nite Owl II
Silk Spectre II
Ozymandias

I'd at least want the first 3, and by the time I leave the theater, I'll want the other 3. :monkey5

I need HT to delve into the actual source material itself, ala I want a TOTBF castaway.

Okay, here's a pretty thorough (yet not "completest") list of film-based WATCHMEN 1:6 figures that could potentially be made (or not).

Absolute Musts
The Comedian (w/ Alternate heads)
Rorschach (w/ Alternate heads)
Dr. Manhattan
Nite Owl II
Silk Spectre II
Ozymandias

Would be very cool, and possible
Walter Kovacs (w/ "The End is Nigh" sign)
Comedian (1940 Minutemen version)
Nite Owl I
Silk Spectre I
Bubastis(!!)

Nice, but not likely
Dr. Jon Osterman (pre-Manhattan)
Adrian Veidt (no costume)
Dan Dreiberg (no costume)
Comedian (Nixon Fund-raiser Tuxedo)
Moloch the Mystic
Captain Metropolis
Hooded Justice
Big Figure
Silhouette
Dollar Bill
Mothman

Good God, after these latest Dark Knight figures (TDK Bats, BR Joker and Two-Face) I'm gonna be broke as heck anyways, so these figures from whatever company does them will be a no go on my list. Plus the wife said I can get Two-Face if only I promise to drop the hobby for at least a year or more. So this is my swan song and what a swan song it is, with three of the best figures to ever be released.

Good God, after these latest Dark Knight figures (TDK Bats, BR Joker and Two-Face) I'm gonna be broke as heck anyways, so these figures from whatever company does them will be a no go on my list. Plus the wife said I can get Two-Face if only I promise to drop the hobby for at least a year or more. So this is my swan song and what a swan song it is, with three of the best figures to ever be released.

:nono WATCHMEN >>> All others

Back