PDA

View Full Version : Quarantine

azurepred
10-12-2008, 10:13 PM
so.........i didnt c any other threads bout this movie, so i thought i would make one and c what yur guys opinions were on this film. i just saw it today, and i thought it was pretty scary, one of the better ones i have seen since the mist in the sense that it has a pshychy effect as well in there........i hate movies with endings like this one, but i dont want 2 spoil anything for others that havent seen it yet. anyone else think this one was scary??

for all u international guys, this movie is made from the movie rec, which is a spanish film with english subs, i have read that one is pretty good, u can also c it on youtube in entirety

usswanker
10-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Yeah I went a saw it on the opening night and I thought it was pretty good. My girlfriend was freaking out the whole time and at one point she wanted to leave, but I was able to make her stay till the end. I agree with you on the ending. Overall I think this was a pretty good Oct/Halloween movie to go and see especially with the Saw movies getting worse and worse every year.

azurepred
10-12-2008, 10:30 PM
yeah defn........there makin a [rec] sequel, so i can guarantee there will b a sequel 2 this. seeing as this movie has the same type of crazy asses like the rage virus in 28 weeks later, i hope this sequel will stay true 2 the root of the first one even though 28 weeks was better than 28 days. i liked the dark environment, makes things much more scary and intense.........but much like 28 weeks later the ending sucked indeed, but one of the more scarier endings i can remember in a movie

CelticPredator
10-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Grammar....

and also, a REC sequel? Noooo! I watched REC and it was totally amazing in everyway. Loved it so much....

Andr3w
10-13-2008, 02:08 AM
I loved it!
I love horror movies and they don't scare me but I actually jumped a few times during this film

The Chaver
10-13-2008, 08:40 AM
Horror movies like these are the sh....And I loved that chick in exercisom of emily rose.

nash
10-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Ok so *spoiler alert*......

So what the hell was that thing at the end of the movie? Looked like a demon guy? Definitely not a rabies infected person like the others....I got totally lost at that point. Where the hell were they, in the attic of the building or was it someone's apartment? There was rabid zombies downstairs and a demon guy upstairs....what the hell?

Also, why wasnt the little girl like the rest of the infected if she was sick?

Overall a nice thrill, was better than I expected.

CelticPredator
10-22-2008, 07:03 PM
In the original movie, its not Rabies, but its demons. The guy took a demon possessed girl, and was working on her. Scary ass ^^^^.

nash
10-22-2008, 07:16 PM
In the original movie, its not Rabies, but its demons. The guy took a demon possessed girl, and was working on her. Scary ass ^^^^.

which guy? and the little girl was the one possessed?

Dania Ramirez was worth the price of admission, which in NYC is like $12. :horror

CelticPredator
10-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Gotta watch REC man. Its great, dont know which is better, but REC is ^^^^ing amazing!

The ill Jedi
02-19-2009, 03:38 PM
Can't believe I missed this thread the first time around. I LOVED this movie and I'm getting the Blu-Ray from Amazon today! :rock

For you horror fans if you haven't seen it yet now's your chance, go rent or buy it, lots of suspense, gore and zombies!?! :D

There was a Quarantine themed maze at Knott's Scary Farm last year and it was scary as ^^^^, the set looked just like the building. :horror

hairlesswookiee
02-19-2009, 03:47 PM
^^^what Ill said. i loved it in the theater and rented the DVD the other night and plan on buying the Blu when i get the funds for it. REC is good as well, but i'm lazy and don't like to read subtitles.

Dee Nice2
02-19-2009, 03:48 PM
^^^what Ill said. i loved it in the theater and rented the DVD the other night and plan on buying the Blu when i get the funds for it. REC is good as well, but i'm lazy and don't like to read subtitles.

REC is a great movie

Voorhees27
02-19-2009, 03:56 PM
REC is a great movie

Yes it was, subtitles or not that movie was amazing!

The ill Jedi
02-19-2009, 03:58 PM
REC is a great movie
Did you rent or buy it? If you bought it let me borrow it. :D

CelticPredator
02-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Yes it was, subtitles or not that movie was amazing!

It always gets easier to read. It also makes the whole film scarier...in another language...felt more real.

I watched REC on my computer on YouTube...and it still freaked me out.

winter
02-19-2009, 08:06 PM
REC is 10x better than Quarantine.

tylerdurden
02-19-2009, 09:12 PM
REC is 10x better than Quarantine.

rec is better. feels more "real" and thus more scary. but i liked quarantine too. the rabies angle was a nice take on the zombie mythos.

Voorhees27
02-19-2009, 10:25 PM
It always gets easier to read. It also makes the whole film scarier...in another language...felt more real.

I watched REC on my computer on YouTube...and it still freaked me out.

Agreed and the last ten minutes or so were very memorable, in a scary as ef'n hell kinda way! :lol

Tutankhamun
02-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Is REC going to be on dvd anytime soon or do you have to watch it on youtube? want to watch it now after listing to you guys talk about it.

CelticPredator
02-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Its been out for years. Just watch it on YouTube. Its fast, and its free.

winter
02-20-2009, 03:09 AM
Is REC going to be on dvd anytime soon or do you have to watch it on youtube? want to watch it now after listing to you guys talk about it.

It's available on amazon in the uk. Not sure when it hits dvd in the states.

Blake
02-20-2009, 05:47 AM
I saw Quarantine a couple of nights ago and loved every minute. GREAT scares, fantastic "WTF" moment with the firefighter from "That Thing You Do" flying down from above.

I can't wait to see REC, as I have heard it is a superior film. I'm pretty disappointed that it was not made available on R1 before the remake because I would have definitely watched it first.

Giant Chicken
02-20-2009, 08:59 AM
Saw it last night and thought it was a fun movie. Why are old ladies and little girls so scary?

Lost interest in the characters real fast due to them be stupid and setting up their own chaotic situations. But the main girl was nice eye candy.

Fritz
03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
I rented this and Saw 5 a few nights ago. Didn't care for Saw 5 but this movie was very good. I liked it a lot. So much so that I'll probably buy the blu-ray.

For any of you guys that played Bioshock, did you think 'splicer' when the demon guy upstairs was walking around with a hammer? :lol

One thing I didn't get, when the camera guy looked in the loft and the demon thing knocked him and the camera down, was that a demon child or the same demon guy walking around in the dark?

Morbach
03-12-2009, 12:31 PM
I loved this movie :D it was intense as hell

alphatyrant
03-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Loved Rec, very low budget almost amatuerish feel to it, but creepy as hell and very tense. I'm loathe to watch this pointless remake.

Shatterer of Dreams
03-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Ok so *spoiler alert*......

So what the hell was that thing at the end of the movie? Looked like a demon guy? Definitely not a rabies infected person like the others....I got totally lost at that point. Where the hell were they, in the attic of the building or was it someone's apartment? There was rabid zombies downstairs and a demon guy upstairs....what the hell?

Also, why wasnt the little girl like the rest of the infected if she was sick?

Overall a nice thrill, was better than I expected.

when the cop and fireman are asking the landlord who lives where and they ask about the room at the very top the landlord say......."it's an attic and a man lives up there but he is never around." So yes it's an attic and i assume that the guy up there is the man they were talking about.

Not sure if he had the suprerabies or not but all the stuff there about doomsday cults and such can make me believe that it could be something else - it looks like he was trying to spread something.

I apologize if this was already covered i didn't read all of the posts.

But yes i liked the movie as well, not revolutionary or anything but it was a fun ride.

hairlesswookiee
03-12-2009, 05:17 PM
I rented this and Saw 5 a few nights ago. Didn't care for Saw 5 but this movie was very good. I liked it a lot. So much so that I'll probably buy the blu-ray.
yeah the Saw movies seem to be losing their steam. i do like to watch the new ones just to see the traps get crazier and crazier.

CelticPredator
03-12-2009, 08:35 PM
....and lamer and lamer.....:lol

Staps1138
03-16-2009, 04:44 PM
I rented it yesterday after reading this thread and enjoyed it but I need to see it again because there were a couple of parts I was a little confused over. What the hell was in the attic?

silversurfer
06-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Good movie, but REC was much better...

REC R1 DVD scheduled for release on 7-14-2009.

DeltaForceChung
06-18-2009, 08:44 PM
This is "what" was in the attic. I can't remember if the pics are from .REC or from QUARANTINE.

http://home.comcast.net/~deltaforcechung/quarantine/photo_45.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~deltaforcechung/quarantine/photo_46.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~deltaforcechung/quarantine/photo_47.jpg

The ill Jedi
06-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Holy ^^^^ that is creepy. :horror

DeltaForceChung
06-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Holy ^^^^ that is creepy. :horror
--

I wonder if it's too creepy for Sideshow to make it as a 1:6 figure?

:D

The Ween
06-18-2009, 09:33 PM
This is "what" was in the attic. I can't remember if the pics are from .REC or from QUARANTINE.

http://home.comcast.net/~deltaforcechung/quarantine/photo_45.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~deltaforcechung/quarantine/photo_46.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~deltaforcechung/quarantine/photo_47.jpg

Get off the drugs, Kate Moss!!!!

Morbach
06-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Get off the drugs, Kate Moss!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Kuzeh
06-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Good movie, but REC was much better...

REC R1 DVD scheduled for release on 7-14-2009.

At last!!!:rock!!

NASEDO
06-19-2009, 02:18 PM
I liked this much better then Cloverfield, it took awhile to get going for me.

nash
06-20-2009, 04:26 AM

http://home.comcast.net/%7Edeltaforcechung/quarantine/photo_45.jpg

I still don't understand what the ^^^^ this creature is supposed to be, or what significance it has with the movie's storyline...:duh

CelticPredator
06-20-2009, 10:18 PM
The first Rabies victim?

Anyway...Doug Jones FTW! I love that skinny ass mofo.

Jack Nicholson
06-21-2009, 06:59 PM
I haven't seen this one ............ I saw REC a while back and was told that this one was a remake of it so I didn't bother. I really liked REC.

Kuzeh
10-03-2009, 09:56 PM
I was trying to find a REC thread but since "the term is too common"
Couldn't find it...
So I'll post here...
I finally saw REC
wow!!! What an amazing, exhilarating, thrilling, adrenaline charged!! scary ride!!! The end is such a creepy and amazing piece of work, I'm still shocked by it!!
Wow!! :rock:rock!!!

plasmid303
10-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Sadly, Quarantine sucks. Fortunately, early buzz for Rec 2 is positive!

Blu Falcon
10-04-2009, 03:43 AM
I really liked Quarantine. Freaked me out.

The girl/demon/man(?) in the attic was eating the cameraman after he/she/it killed him right? Just wanted to be sure I saw that right.

[excerpt from Wikipedia about REC] ...After finding the key, Ángela and Pablo appear to be the only human survivors, everyone else being dead or infected. Rather than making their way to the workshop, they are forced upstairs to the penthouse by the remaining infected. They then search the penthouse, and discover that its former owner was an agent of the Vatican who was charged with researching and isolating a suspected virus believed to be the biological cause of demonic possession, which was later confirmed to exist in a young girl who was supposedly possessed. The agent kidnapped and brought the girl to the penthouse to conduct his research and to possibly cure her; unfortunately, during the work the virus managed to mutate and become contagious. The agent decided to seal her off, presumably to let her die of starvation and dehydration. A door to the attic opens, and Pablo uses his camera to look inside. A boy jumps at the camera and breaks its light. Pablo turns on the night vision to see in the dark and discovers the sealed door referenced earlier by the agent on an audio tape. The agent abandoned his efforts to cure the girl after failing to engineer a vaccine and sealed her in the room before leaving the city. The girl, now a ghoulishly emaciated figure, begins searching the kitchen area, unaware of Ángela and Pablo's presence. Pablo tries to escape, but trips and is viciously attacked by the girl, making Pablo drop the camera. Ángela picks it up and runs, only to trip and drop the camera as well. She searches for it but is unable to find it. The camera continues to record as the screams of the infected girl are heard on the tape recorder and Ángela is dragged into the darkness, screaming.

hairlesswookiee
10-05-2009, 01:55 AM
Both movies rocked IMO. Sequels come forth!!!!

rabid_wolf
06-27-2010, 01:42 AM

Morbach
06-29-2010, 11:38 AM
Still haven't seen REC but liked Quarantine. I need to see REC and REC 2.

N2k-swb
06-29-2010, 01:28 PM
i tryed to give quarentine a chance after Rec which is my fave horror next to Paranormal Activity but as soon as i saw Judith from 'Two and a half men' i gave up beliving in the flick like i did with Rec.