Best Werewolf Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWWOOOOOO! Best werewolf movie?

• The Wolf Man

Votes: 10 13.9%
  • Werewolf by Night

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An Ameircan Werewolf in London

Votes: 37 51.4%
  • Dog Soldiers

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Ginger Snaps

• Underworld

• Silver Bullet

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • The Howling

• Wolfen

• Other (or Teen Wolf :)

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters

LChinoz

Super Freak
Reaction score
I LOVE WEREWOLVES!

BenicioWolfman.jpg

Liked Dog soldiers, ginger snaps, Blood Chocolete and others.

I'm partial to AWIL too. It was the first movie to go ALL OUT on the transformation. And it was freaking HILARIOUS!

I voted for Dog Soldiers but AWIL is the better movie. The reason I didn't vote for it was the comedy. While it was funny, I don't like slap-stick in my horror movie.

AWIL is the best overall flick, just really badass so it gets the win.

But I think Dog Soldiers has the best werewolves and the Howling is awesome :rock

I was really surprised by how good Ginger Snaps was. The sequels (or the crazy prequels) sucked, but the first one was engaging, funny, and had pretty good fx and one KILLER ending. Of course, it was an all female cast so that helped the enjoyability factor. It was one of my favorite movies for quite some time.

I gotta go with the Howling... I really love Rob Bottin's werewolf designs and the transformations... plus you cannot beat Slim Pickens as a werewolf.

My favorite is AWIL, hands down. But Dog Soldiers and The Howling are very close in that list. Wolf Man is classic, but not as intense as I like my Werewolf movies.

And I absolutely despise CGI Werewolves and the "regular" wolf cop out. I am a fan of classic techniques and makeup for my Werewolf looks. :rock

Voted for American Werewolf. Wolf Man is second for me, followed by Silver Bullet. Tough to beat Corey Haim in a wheel chair and Gary Busey.:lol:lol:lol

I went for the Wolfman just out of nostalgia AND for how groundbreaking it was.
The way I see it, they have been a progression, standing on the shoulders of giants if you will.
AWIL was the biggest milestone since WM, but I must say most werewolf movies are more consistent than vampire movies.

I haven't seen Ginger Snaps or Werewolf by Night so I'm not voting yet. As of right now it's between AWIL and The Howling (are they still making ridiculous marsupial werewolf sequels?).
There is also a cool werewolf bit in the DTV movie Waxworks. At least, it was cool to me when I was about 17.
Great poll, LChinoz!

Voted An American Werewolf in London, great fun with that one.

Also would like to mention The Company of Wolves, which is a very original fairy tale with big teeth (and if you like to search, you can find lots of sexual symbolism in it)

1) Underworld (great special effects & story)
2) An American werewolf in London (great original plot & special effects for it's time)

I haven't seen Ginger Snaps or Werewolf by Night so I'm not voting yet. As of right now it's between AWIL and The Howling (are they still making ridiculous marsupial werewolf sequels?).
There is also a cool werewolf bit in the DTV movie Waxworks. At least, it was cool to me when I was about 17.
Great poll, LChinoz!

Damn lol all my comic book reading and I got all confused by the comic Werewolf by Night and this:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081415/

Night of the Werewolf

My bad! I meant that in the poll, not that this film would get any votes (it is horrendous, but classic in it's own way :lol) Don't get the Blu-ray...

Back