Found this while searching through Google - 1/6th Republic Gunship

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that looks pretty cool so far............i salute his courage to tackle a project like that. :woo

looking good so far :

gunshipdoorgood.jpg

gunshipdoorside.jpg

22fd4193.jpg

gunshipwing.jpg

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/zanderwitaz/gunshipdoorgood.jpg

I don't think "gunshipmechanic" ever finished it. He was building it in shop class in HS I think! He was doing so well! I would have loved to have been helping him with this, but its too big of a project to tackle alone.

He just PMedme a reply at Rebelscum. He said he hasn't made positive gains on it in long time because he's at college. The weight of the back is causing damage to the front end. (I imagine it is twisting and bowing under the pressure). He also said that he regrets using 1/8" particle board rather than 1/4"! That mofo must weigh a lot already, double the weight would be trouble, IMO.

PS. I am not sure, but I think he is going to school in so cal, but parents and the gunship live in no cal so someone make him an offer for it!

Last edited:
Always wonder when this project would get finished.

If i made a vehicle it would have to be smaller, desert skiff or snowspeeder would be so cool.

This looks awesome. Just one problem though. Could you imagine if these were offered on the market? The sheer weight (both unloaded and loaded with clone/jedi) and size would be incredible, not to mention the space needed for display. If I bought one, I'd likely have only space in the garage to display it which means our cars go out in the driveway. Unfortunately, this would also mean I sleep in the garage with it.:monkey2

Back