Why doesn't anyone ever shoot Batman in the mouth?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Britain

Super Freak
Reaction score
The only part of him that's really vulnerable, not only that but it's lighter than the rest of him, so easier to see. Yet no one ever aims at it. How come? It's always bothered me. What would Batman look like if the bottom part of his face was covered? Wouldn't he be scarier?

i always agreed to, but then agian, why dont people shoot spider man?it never kills him, ecxept maybe craven the hunter..

This thread has a 1000% chance of going into the gutter with a thread title like "Why doesn't anyone ever shoot Batman in the mouth?"

i always agreed to, but then agian, why dont people shoot spider man?it never kills him, ecxept maybe craven the hunter..

But spider-man's got spider-speed or whatever. Or could spin a web to catch the bullet in before it reached him. I know Batman is a martial arts master etc but it seems like his mouth is the elephant in the room. When Gotham's master criminals get together to devise a scheme to kill him I think it would be refreshing to see them say 'Why don't we just shoot him in the face?' and then see them practising using dummies with targets positioned over the mouth area.

Once you start thinking about it it's hard to get it out of your mind.

Most people probably don't even see anything except a flash of cape or a couple of knuckles if Batman's anywhere near them. It's hard to hit a moving target, anyway...imagine trying to hit a movie target that small. Unless you're The Punisher or something, it'd be next to impossible. There aren't many people in the DCU that could, aside from maybe Deathstroke.

And you've just put it there!

I didn't put it there, I just pointed out the obvious. Now I will put it there...

The reason they don't do this in the comics is because it would be one of the worst moments in comics history. Even worse than the Batman "touches" Robin panel. Just imagine how creepy it would be...

Batman: "Hold it right there Joker!"
Joker: "Not so fast Batman, I want to give you something."
Batman: "None of your tricks this time Joker."
Joker: "Don't worry Bats, I just want to shoot you right in the mouth." (reaches into waistband for his "gun")
Batman: "Wait...what?"
Joker: "I promise to make it quick."
Batman: *puking

Ewwwwwwww.

because he can catch bullets with his teeth...

Seriously, I know we're not talking about the "real world", but in the "real world" its hard enough to hit someone at all with a gun. Look at all the police videos where a cop and a bad guy unload on each other and dont get hit. Shooting someone in the mouth - especially someone dodging bullets - would be all but impossible for most people...

I've always thought the same about Robocop.

Personally I think they should employ Mark wahlbergs character from Shooter, he'd be pretty good at sniping a moving target like Batman.

The only part of him that's really vulnerable, not only that but it's lighter than the rest of him, so easier to see. Yet no one ever aims at it. How come? It's always bothered me. What would Batman look like if the bottom part of his face was covered? Wouldn't he be scarier?

He'd look a bit like this:
930062617_68a9dd158d.jpg

Either that or the current Batgirl.

Personally I think they should employ Mark wahlbergs character from Shooter, he'd be pretty good at sniping a moving target like Batman.

I guess you haven't heard of the villain Deadshot. He's a marksman with incredible aim.

Look, the only reason Batman hasn't been shot in the mouth is because A)it's a small target that most regular bad guys, crooks, and robbers won't EVER see before they go down and B)because Batman...is the GODDAMN Batman, it just doesn't happen.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That photo is quite badass - it kind of looks like an executioner's cowl, (which is what Batman started off as - an executioner). What figure/ look is it?

As for the other meaning of someone 'shooting him in the mouth', that might be his thing - it would only bother Batman for sure if he was straight.

The action figure is from Mattel's DC SuperHeroes line (a wave from 2007, I think) called "Knight Shadow Batman."

41sV2cRQ08L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

The actual background info on this particular character I'm too sure of, however.

Most people probably don't even see anything except a flash of cape or a couple of knuckles if Batman's anywhere near them. It's hard to hit a moving target, anyway...imagine trying to hit a movie target that small. Unless you're The Punisher or something, it'd be next to impossible. There aren't many people in the DCU that could, aside from maybe Deathstroke.

word, if Batman was in any kinda vulnerable position to be shot in his face then it just ain't Batman.

A better question is why he even needs a mouth opening (and don't say "to breathe"). Serisouly, though, I love Batman and without seeing his mouth it wouldn't be Batman.

He'd look a bit like this:
930062617_68a9dd158d.jpg

Either that or the current Batgirl.

I guess you haven't heard of the villain Deadshot. He's a marksman with incredible aim.

Look, the only reason Batman hasn't been shot in the mouth is because A)it's a small target that most regular bad guys, crooks, and robbers won't EVER see before they go down and B)because Batman...is the GODDAMN Batman, it just doesn't happen.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Back