New Harry Potter Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read? Whats that?

Get the books on tape - thats what i did to 'read' them. And wow, I'm happy I did. Harry Potter is growing up in the last few books and the films seem like they will be only getting better. :banana

The books are great, much better than the films - so far at least. That trailer looks amazing. This is my favorite book of them all, looks like the movie will be too.

Never read the books, watched the films. The films are OK but always waited until dvd to see them

Edit: Just watched the trailer & it looks the best HP film so far, guess I'll make an effort to see this at the cinema this time ;)

Last edited:
That trailer looks awesome! Mad Eye Moody looks great. I've seen a picture of You Know Who on another site. I can't wait for his appearance on the big screen. :banana

WS, I highly recommend the books. They're excellent reads!

Winged Shadows said:
Still ain't convinced enough to read the books.

I had put off reading the books too. Finally started them last month. Believe me, once I started I couldn't stop. Read all six in under 2 weeks. I couldn't put them down. I'm now in withdrawals waiting on the next one.

Thanks for the link Chris!! This definitely looks awesome. Can't wait for it. This book is my favorite so far as well.

Man I can't wait! That was awesome. Goblet is my favorite of the books so I have high hopes for this film.

Did you see the flash of Voldemort at the end of the trailer!!!!

Awesome trailer! Thanks for sharing, Chris.
I enjoy the books and always look forward to the movies. This trailer seems to be the best so far.

This is pretty much the finished version of what was shown at SDCC. And I have to say, it's much more impressive in the finished form. I can easily see this being the best Potter movie yet, although I liked Azkaban quite a bit.

Sirius in the fire was very cool! Not at all as I'd imagined it.

ChrisfromSideshow said:
Get the books on tape - thats what i did to 'read' them.

In my most honest opinion...there is nothing like having a story read to you. Perhaps there are those who understand me...
I've done it for LotR, HP, Eragon and the Inheritance Trilogy, Narnia, His Dark Materials, Robert Jordan, and anything I can find by David Gemmell.

Audiobooks rule.

I had never even considered audiobooks - I'd looked down on them as inferior to reading it yourself. But I had a long commute to work and the Potter books fell into my hands and I started to listen to them and became hooked. I've probably listened to every book at least twice, both the British version read my Stephen Fry and the American version read by Jim Dale. Both actors bring a great quality to the story, playing each character differently, that brings the books alive. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

However I've tried to get into other audiobooks, ones that I haven't read in print originally, and haven't really responded to them. I guess it's the magic of Harry Potter.

If you enjoy LotR, then try the audiobooks as read by Robert Inglis. And if you haven't heard of "His Dark Materials" by Phillip Pullman, then I suggest the audio. HP by Jim dale you know, but Dark Materials, Inheritance Trilogy...well done and worth the listen.
Eragon is supposed to be a major motion picture in 2006 https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449010/ ...and Dark Materials in 2007??
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385752/

Both very satisfying...

That doesn't look like a Hungarian Horntail to me. :mad:

The rest of it looks fantastic!

Darth Waller, where did you see the pic of You Know Who? All I've seen of him is the bit in the trailer (and it doesn't show much).

Back