PDA

View Full Version : New Harry Potter Trailer

ChrisfromSideshow
09-15-2005, 06:22 AM
As a recent convert to all things Harry Potter - I thought I'd mention what i saw on AICN today...a new, and REALLY good, Harry Potter trailer for 'Goblet of Fire' - my personal favorite book.

http://movies.aol.com/movie_exclusive_harry_potter_goblet_clip/trailer_extra_large

One of Nine
09-15-2005, 06:26 AM
AWSOME!!! This looks to be the best movie yet! Makes me want to go read the books.

ChrisfromSideshow
09-15-2005, 06:36 AM
Get the books on tape - thats what i did to 'read' them. And wow, I'm happy I did. Harry Potter is growing up in the last few books and the films seem like they will be only getting better. :banana

Darth Rage
09-15-2005, 06:40 AM
The books are great, much better than the films - so far at least. That trailer looks amazing. This is my favorite book of them all, looks like the movie will be too.

pitchin
09-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Never read the books, watched the films. The films are OK but always waited until dvd to see them

Edit: Just watched the trailer & it looks the best HP film so far, guess I'll make an effort to see this at the cinema this time ;)

Winged Shadows
09-15-2005, 07:14 AM
It does look a lot better than the last trailer.

Still ain't convinced enough to read the books.

Darth Waller
09-15-2005, 07:23 AM
That trailer looks awesome! Mad Eye Moody looks great. I've seen a picture of You Know Who on another site. I can't wait for his appearance on the big screen. :banana

WS, I highly recommend the books. They're excellent reads!

oxbeard
09-15-2005, 07:26 AM
Still ain't convinced enough to read the books.

I had put off reading the books too. Finally started them last month. Believe me, once I started I couldn't stop. Read all six in under 2 weeks. I couldn't put them down. I'm now in withdrawals waiting on the next one.

Thanks for the link Chris!! This definitely looks awesome. Can't wait for it. This book is my favorite so far as well.

Mutant Enemy
09-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Man I can't wait! That was awesome. Goblet is my favorite of the books so I have high hopes for this film.

Did you see the flash of Voldemort at the end of the trailer!!!!

Zoomaround
09-15-2005, 12:35 PM
Awesome trailer! Thanks for sharing, Chris.
I enjoy the books and always look forward to the movies. This trailer seems to be the best so far.

Darklord Dave
09-15-2005, 01:02 PM
This is pretty much the finished version of what was shown at SDCC. And I have to say, it's much more impressive in the finished form. I can easily see this being the best Potter movie yet, although I liked Azkaban quite a bit.

Sirius in the fire was very cool! Not at all as I'd imagined it.

Mutant Enemy
09-15-2005, 01:25 PM
Yea I agree Dave, I always pictured his face in the flames. Not the ashes.

ChrisfromSideshow
09-15-2005, 09:16 PM
I pictured his face in the flames too, but its a cool effect in the trailer

Hells of Iron
09-15-2005, 09:40 PM
Get the books on tape - thats what i did to 'read' them.

In my most honest opinion...there is nothing like having a story read to you. Perhaps there are those who understand me...
I've done it for LotR, HP, Eragon and the Inheritance Trilogy, Narnia, His Dark Materials, Robert Jordan, and anything I can find by David Gemmell.

Audiobooks rule.

Darklord Dave
09-15-2005, 09:50 PM
I had never even considered audiobooks - I'd looked down on them as inferior to reading it yourself. But I had a long commute to work and the Potter books fell into my hands and I started to listen to them and became hooked. I've probably listened to every book at least twice, both the British version read my Stephen Fry and the American version read by Jim Dale. Both actors bring a great quality to the story, playing each character differently, that brings the books alive. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

However I've tried to get into other audiobooks, ones that I haven't read in print originally, and haven't really responded to them. I guess it's the magic of Harry Potter.

LOTRFan
09-15-2005, 10:13 PM
However I've tried to get into other audiobooks, ones that I haven't read in print originally, and haven't really responded to them. I guess it's the magic of Harry Potter.

I agree Dave, but I found these gems lately, and they are absolutely amazing, great cast and the production quality is phenomenal. Not to mention that Douglass Greshem does the introductions. :banana

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1589972996/qid=1126847480/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_3/102-6478792-7287323?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

Hells of Iron
09-15-2005, 10:26 PM
If you enjoy LotR, then try the audiobooks as read by Robert Inglis. And if you haven't heard of "His Dark Materials" by Phillip Pullman, then I suggest the audio. HP by Jim dale you know, but Dark Materials, Inheritance Trilogy...well done and worth the listen.
Eragon is supposed to be a major motion picture in 2006 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449010/ ...and Dark Materials in 2007??
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385752/

Both very satisfying...

old entish
09-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Looks great,can't wait to see it.Thanks for the link.

Lembas Eater
09-16-2005, 05:47 PM
That doesn't look like a Hungarian Horntail to me. :mad:

The rest of it looks fantastic!

Buttmunch
09-16-2005, 08:47 PM
Darth Waller, where did you see the pic of You Know Who? All I've seen of him is the bit in the trailer (and it doesn't show much).

Jesseawilson
09-16-2005, 09:24 PM
HOLLY BALLS!!! That looks awesome!!!

Jesse

Darklord Dave
09-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Just saw the trailer on the big screen in front of Corpse Bride. Much more impressive, I don't think I've been looking forward to a HP movie before as much as I am this one.

But what's with Dumbledore calling the French school "Bow buttons?" I've always heard it in my mind (and in audiobooks) as "beau baton". Shouldn't Michael Gambon know better? Or maybe that's the joke. :dunno

oxbeard
09-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Darth Waller, where did you see the pic of You Know Who? All I've seen of him is the bit in the trailer (and it doesn't show much).

Not sure if this is the one Darth Waller is referring to, but Azog had a link a while back.

Azog's You Know Who link (http://azogscollection.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1125217084&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&)

Yippy
09-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Did you enjoy the Corpse Bride, Mr. Darklord? I have been thinking of seeing it.

oxbeard
09-17-2005, 04:24 PM
But what's with Dumbledore calling the French school "Bow buttons?" I've always heard it in my mind (and in audiobooks) as "beau baton". Shouldn't Michael Gambon know better? Or maybe that's the joke. :dunno

That's the first thing I thought of when I saw the trailer. I was hoping I wasn't the only one.

Mutant Enemy
09-17-2005, 04:51 PM
Here are a couple pictures pulled from the trailer:

EDIT:sorry links weren't working....

The pic from Azgog's looks photoshopped to me. Not legit.

Buttmunch
09-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Mutant Enemy, your picks are working. The pic on Azog doesn't look real. It looks like a photo shopped white Ralph with red eyes on Darth Maul.

Darklord Dave
09-18-2005, 12:20 AM
With apologies to ME - here's his capture of Voldie from the Yurp trailer. The other pic is obviously fake - that Ralph is too human looking.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/budda1977/normal_gof-hqtrailer462.jpg