Sauron debate..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slimjim

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Ok all, I just got my Sauron on Saturday and thanks to a post or two left on the old forum, I have realized that there are foot spikes that need to go on his feet. (hopefuly they are still in the box!) Now here is my observation. I have noticed on several posted pics that some folks have the spikes pointed up and some pointed down. :horror So my question is, which way are they meant to be pointed?!?

They are supposed to go up. I don't eve think they will fit in the hole going down.

...All I wanna know is ... WHERE THE HELL IS MY SAURON!!...My ss account has said "item will be shipping soon" for like 3 weeks now....grrrrrr! :banghead

The Dwimmerlaik said:
Based on my Toybiz figure the spikes goes down.

The one I got they are facing upwards. On the statue there is no way they can face down the base will not allow it.

jlcmsu said:
The one I got they are facing upwards. On the statue there is no way they can face down the base will not allow it.

Lol, so i dont know thats weird, i noticed that all the figures made of Sauron (Toybiz, Art Asylum, PlayAlong, Games Workshop, sabertooth games, etc) have the spikes down i think is a problem of some Saurons made by SSW.

Wow, I'm surprised. I was just asking because I ordered mine on Jan. 23rd (3rd day the preorder was up) and I got notice last night that mine has shipped.

Well I ordered second day and mine hasn't shipped either. Any day now I would imagine since I was pre-authorised over a week ago.

Deadly Dagger said:
...All I wanna know is ... WHERE THE HELL IS MY SAURON!!...My ss account has said "item will be shipping soon" for like 3 weeks now....grrrrrr! :banghead
I know what you're saying. Mine's said the same thing for the past two weeks - and I ordered mine on January 21st, as well. WTF? :mad:

Sauron

I just got a shipping notice that mine has been shipped and I should have him on September 21st so that is next Wednesday... woooooohooooooo :banana

leebgb said:
Wow, I'm surprised. I was just asking because I ordered mine on Jan. 23rd (3rd day the preorder was up) and I got notice last night that mine has shipped.
Nice. I haven't received a shipment notice yet, and I pre-ordered mine on the first day. So much for the scripted "Shipped In The Order They Were Received" b.s. I've been getting from Sideshow for the past week. Now I'm REALLY pissed!:cuss

You're all going to hate me for saying this, but have patience! With an edition size of 9500, it's going to take a few weeks to get them all out :) Sauron just started shipping last week, and edition sizes that large get delivered in batches to our warehouse since there would absolutely not be enough room to store them all at once! Plus, I'm fairly certain that a few thousand were ordered in the first few days of the pre-order going live, so even if you ordered him on the first or second day, it doesn't necessarily put you in the first few batches being shipped out. I have been told by multiple people that shipments are made in the order they were processed. Please bear with us! :banana I know it's hard, as this is one of the most anticipated pieces ever, but I promise it'll be worth it :joy

SideshowDusty said:
You're all going to hate me for saying this, but have patience! With an edition size of 9500, it's going to take a few weeks to get them all out :) Sauron just started shipping last week, and edition sizes that large get delivered in batches to our warehouse since there would absolutely not be enough room to store them all at once! Plus, I'm fairly certain that a few thousand were ordered in the first few days of the pre-order going live, so even if you ordered him on the first or second day, it doesn't necessarily put you in the first few batches being shipped out. I have been told by multiple people that shipments are made in the order they were processed. Please bear with us! :banana I know it's hard, as this is one of the most anticipated pieces ever, but I promise it'll be worth it :joy
Thanks for clearing that up Dusty. Still, I don't quite understand how someone who pre-ordered on the 26th has already received their order. Doesn't seem fair to those of us who were at the front of the line. :huh

Last edited:
Back