Johnny Depp gets $56 million for Pirates 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love movies and all, but what a waste of major money when the country is in an economic crisis. The bailout should draw money from resources like this. There's tons of money out there just sitting around waiting to be signed over to people and so much goes to one person just to do something he has fun doing.

Government should invokes laws on entertainment venues like sports and film, etc. to control what sort of money people get and use the rest to irradicate homelessness and things like that.

Thats just crazy Depp doesn't need $56 Million
I mean he's already rich enough and famous enough and I totally agree with MaulFans comment

Well if its either the studio or Depp being paid I would rather it be Depp. No doubt the studio will make a whole lot more than that. It would be nice if profits after a certain point were given to charity it will never happen.

It's an obscenity. But then so are major league sports salaries as far as I can see. Somewhere there's a parallel world where these guys make $45k a year for goofing off while the people who do real work make millions.

I love movies and all, but what a waste of major money when the country is in an economic crisis. The bailout should draw money from resources like this. There's tons of money out there just sitting around waiting to be signed over to people and so much goes to one person just to do something he has fun doing.

Government should invokes laws on entertainment venues like sports and film, etc. to control what sort of money people get and use the rest to irradicate homelessness and things like that.

I totally concur!!

Just makes me :monkey4 how police officers, teachers, fire fighters, nurses, etc scrape by, yet actors and sports ilk make the big bucks.

Fine society we all live in folks :monkey3

Not surprising... celebrities make obscene amounts of money. Yet somehow their super success makes us feel good :lol I imagine he's also gonna get a sweet cut of the licesnsing.

How much did Arnie get for T3? It was so bad they probably had to pay extra.

yeah, that would make things kind of communist like. Rich people inspire people to get better jobs.

But this is a bit much--you know something's wrong when you're spending 1/3 of your film budget on one actor.

Just makes me :monkey4 how police officers, teachers, fire fighters, nurses, etc scrape by, yet actors and sports ilk make the big bucks. Fine society we all live in folks :monkey3

As a teacher I agree with this but the issue is that Actors, Sports Celebrities are in a privatized business where their salaries are also in relation to the revenue they bring in. We don't have that benefit.

Interesting tidbit but why wasn't this just posted in the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 thread??? :confused:

as obscene as it is, its justified by everybody going to the movies and buying the DVDs and merch.
they wouldnt pay him so much money if the people didnt feed the beast ....

.. and this pretty much is the case with all overpaid sports/entertainment people ...

He gets paid based on what he generates for his employers. He gets to decide what he does with it just like any other person.
I can't and won't argue that it's ridiculous money but it's certainly not Johnny Depp's or Disney's responsibility to bail out the economy.

And then the Government will have to limit what you make as well.

Government has enough power, they don't need any more.

For movies that consistently gross 1 billion worldwide (and over 3 billion overall) I think 56 million is very reasonable. I say he deserves it.

The more money he takes home, the less the demons at Disney get!

He gets paid based on what he generates for his employers.

Don't you think there's something very wrong with our society when you can make $56 million for pretending to be a pirate but can't even buy a house teaching the fifth grade?

Don't you think there's something very wrong with our society when you can make $56 million for pretending to be a pirate but can't even buy a house teaching the fifth grade?

yes it is sad .. esp when acting is glorified lying .... :lol

I think there are many things wrong with society, your point included. And my second grade teaching fiancee also agrees. :D
But that's a whole other topic, IMO.

Back