Darth Tyrannus......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nervecenter0

Freaked Out
Reaction score
This is a rework of the Hasbro figure, Lovely sculpt (should be it was produced by a computer scan!) But the paint was horrible. I again used a Truetype figure. The head was removed and mounted on a new neck, then re-painted, (the photos never do these things justice, the paint job I gave him has 'liver spots' on the forehead).

The costume was re-tailored to fit. With the addition of a new leather belt & Leather boots.

The capes clasps, I covered in foil and added real chain to. The light saber hilt was painted to make it screen accurate.

pcfile226.jpg

pcfile225.jpg

pcfile194.jpg

pcfile212.jpg

pcfile221.jpg

pcfile181.jpg

pcfile180.jpg

That is the best upgrade of that figure... really makes a huge difference to replace the body and get rid of the gorilla paws :lol

Any full body shots to see the boots as well? And did you replace the chain, or just repaint it?

Amazing repaint!!!
I've been wanting to modify my hasbro Count Dooku but havent got around to it.
Yours is truely a great inspiration!

I believe the reason for the incredible likeness, being the head sculpt is a reproduction of the actor's digital scan. The repaint is very well done indeed.

Last edited:
I need to take the time to re-paint mine. For the time-being it's on the stock body although I lengthened his legs a little bit so he wouldn't look quite as short.
Excellent job on your Dooku custom, I hope mine turns out at least half as well.

The face is too thin.

Tell the computer that scanned him that!

And remember, 'Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.

Last edited:
Well, someone must have messed up the model after scanning--because your eyes are supposed to be in the middle of your head, and the lower half of his head is much taller than the top half.

Actually proportion Dictates that the eyes are slightly more than a 'Third" down the face, from the top of the head, the nose another third, end of chin Etc. I think you'll find if you use this guide you'll find the proportion is correct.

Back