UC Museum Collection Edition Glamdring LE 1000 -FIRESIDE BABY!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheWitchKing

Super Freak
Reaction score
I saw that the Don at firesidecollectibles just put this up. I have not heard anyone talk about it. The sword will come with genuine sapphire jewels and leather-wrapped grip. Handcrafted in Spain as well, thanks Bob! :rock

FIRESIDECOLLECTIBLES LINK GLAMDRING

Enjoy the fish, Compliments of the
godfathertitle8yw.jpg

As someone who started hit LOTR collection with the UC swords, I always had a weakness for the swords. I let the Museum Sting pass me by, because I was happy with the regular version. :joy :banana

But with Glamdring I was always unhappy with the "sapphire" they used for the regular version and the overall look of it (something just didn't feel right about it). I am definitely considering this one to replace my regular version. I am a sucker for leafshaped blades :D :D :viking

Oh man...I forget where I post....We have been talking about this for MONTHS over at the UC forums....

Hold out for better prices....I don't care if it IS limited to 1000.
A $1,298.00 MSRP is bound to drop to at the absolutely least, HALF!
I have already seen it for under 6!

Great sword....
ANDURIL is next in the MC line.
Unfortunately, I have heard that the MC line will end after that.

Sir T, why do the UC pieces drop in value so much? I don't have any of the pieces, so I'm not very familiar with them at all. Are they just that overpriced? I don't remember what the original MSRP was on Sauron's helm and his gauntlet, but you can buy both for a song now.

I'm considering getting into UC just for the MC pieces. Real Sapphire?! :google Wow!

It is just a marketing technique!
Show them the MSRP high and then say look what WE sell them for!
The wholesale prices are cheaper...

The Sauron stuff was limited too high....They should have been 1000 also.

They are so top notch though...I have every single piece by UC in their LOTR line and I love ALL OF THEM!

The MC Line is very unique though....Real Cold Spring steel!!!
Yes, real Saphire in Glammy....

Anuril will look nice too...I hope the line gains strength, but alas it appears it will not....Even with the price drops!

The after market on these will go up though....particularly on the Glammy and Anduril MC versions...Being only 1000 each and of the highest quality materials...Think Elite Edition (Like Master Replicas Sabers) LOTR swords!

I am glad the MR Helmets are delayed....Now I will have a much easier time acquiring Glamdring next month! :joy

Cool, thanks for the info! I just figured that they set the MSRP that high as a marketing tool. Pretty funny really. lol

Got mine on order!!! I too passed on sting because it's small, and although it does hold a special place in the books and movies, I just didn't find the need to get another one when i broke my original "crappy quality" UC sting. I just had to order this one though, the original UC glamdring was nice, but like it was said above, something about it just screamed "CHEAP" to me, same with all the UC and Noble collection replica stuff if you ask me, Museum Quality ALL THE WAY!!!! :rock

Cool. I have the regular Andurl, Glamdring, and Sting. I've been thinking about selling them though.

Whilst I think the MC line is fantastic and I own the first and fully intend on purchasing the rest of the series, I must say that I wish they did not take the time to distract themselves from adding some of the lesser seen swords in the regular line...

Some of the major swords have not even been made yet at all!
Such as Eomer's Guthwine and Faramir's blade...
Denethor or Haldir or the Berserker Sword or THe WitchKing's Dagger (Morgul Blade)....
There are so many other blades that will most likely never see the collectors light of day...
What a shame. :sick

WetaWork said:
Is this confirmed? I'm debating whether or not I should hock my LE Anduril on ebay in anticipation of the MC version.

Well, one of their reps told us that in a forum (I believe it was Gregory Bates)....But you know how that goes wit UC....they say something is coming out and then....Either it takes years to see it or not at all!

Anywhere else to purchase?

It appears that bob is already sold out. But doesn't anyone else know if someone has them available?

Joanna

Back