Religulous

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thoughts?

I want to see it, but will not pay to see this kind of movie in the theater.(only blockbusters get my $) I will wait for dvd, liked the trailer though.

I'm a Bill Maher fan but I'll wait for the DVD to see this. It looks pretty good.

It was a great movie to see in a packed house. It felt more like being at a comedy club. Interestingly, the place got a bit quiet durring the Scientology bits but then I did see it in Hollywood, the Salt Lake City of Scientology.

It was a great movie to see in a packed house. It felt more like being at a comedy club. Interestingly, the place got a bit quiet durring the Scientology bits but then I did see it in Hollywood, the Salt Lake City of Scientology.

Those Scientologist are everywhere. You have to be carful. :lol

Those Scientologist are everywhere. You have to be carful. :lol

They are everywhere -- people of Faith are everywhere. But one point the movie brings up is that the greatest minority in the US are atheists/agnostitcs -- 16%! So with the 2000 US Census saying that there are 305,350,117 of us that means there are 48,856,018 Americans who don't belong to a church and want nothing to do with them.

So with 48.8 million Americans being atheist/agnostic, non-believers are everywhere too. They just don't go around making a big deal about it.

Last edited:
Its hard to be politically active about the absence of belief :lol At least that's been the struggle for me.

I'm interested in the movie, but really find Mahr annoying. Still, will most likely be a rental... can't imagine it will get much play here in Oklahoma :lol

He was hilarious on The Daily Show. I normally don't like Maher, but a whole movie making fun of idiotic religion, I MUST SEE IT !!!!!

FYI: It probably is funner seeing the Scientology parts in Hollywood, gotta do that.

Personally I find the whole thing offensive, and I'm a atheist.

People needs to make their own decisions about their lives, and ridiculing their beliefs is just mean spirited and the sort of thing that gives those of us that are not religious a bad name.

It can be a pretty crappy world. If belief in divine or supernatual forces helps somebody cope with it, and it gives them a bit of peace, what sort of jerk starts kicking sand in their face just to make a few bucks?

I've always said that borders and religion are humanity's cancer and doom...

Borders and religion have nothing to do with it. Remove those things from society and you'll still have the same problems, just with different excuses for why they occur.

Borders and religion have nothing to do with it. Remove those things from society and you'll still have the same problems, just with different excuses for why they occur.

I think this is probably true. Borders and religion are just convenient excuses for "othering" and tribalism.

He was hilarious on The Daily Show. I normally don't like Maher, but a whole movie making fun of idiotic religion, I MUST SEE IT !!!!!

FYI: It probably is funner seeing the Scientology parts in Hollywood, gotta do that.

Oh yeah, every Leykis listener has to see it!

For the people waiting to see it on video, that's a good way to go but if you can see it in a packed house it is a total blast! There's something really cool about laughing at something as a couple hundred people laugh with you. Which also means that weekend showings are the ones to attend as they're more likely to have a big crowd.

I am interested after seeing his promotion on the Daily Show.... it looked pretty funny there, and mirrors my own beliefs. But I will probably wait for the DVD.

It's nice to see someone bravely deconstructing religion, it sadly has waaay too much power in this world.

Yup, it's been the 'cause of a lot of this world's wars and conflicts.

It's true, i've always said that 90% of our wars are in the name of religion. it seems the issue though, are not with the religion itself, but more so with the idiots who CLAIM to be the "servants of God". that is what really gets me.

the idiots who USE religion as their ammunition to convince the uneducated what God supposedly wants them to do... you know, OBVIOUS things like blowing yourself up and hundreds of innocent bystanders because God wants it... or assassinating Gandhi because he wanted Hindus and Muslims to make peace with each other. And don't get my started on the Crusades. yeah, it's pretty obvious that God wants us to do these things.

i don't have an issue with religion persay. Although i don't necessarily believe in God, there is a lot of good to learn from religious texts...

Last edited:
It's true, i've always said that 90% of our wars are in the name of religion. it seems the issue though, are not with the religion itself, but more so with the idiots who CLAIM to be the "servants of God". that is what really gets me.

the idiots who USE religion as their ammunition to convince the uneducated what God supposedly wants them to do... you know, OBVIOUS things like blowing yourself up and hundreds of innocent bystanders because God wants it... or assassinating Gandhi because he wanted Hindus and Muslims to make peace with each other. And don't get my started on the Crusades...
:lecture

Could not have said it better myself.

Back