Ringers Trailer

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Columbia has announced a special edition of Ringers: Lord of the Fans which explores how "The Lord of the Rings" has influenced Western popular culture over the past 50 years. The disc will be available to own from the 22nd November this year, and should retail at around $24.94. The documentary itself will be presented in full frame, along with an English Stereo track. Extras will include eight featurettes and four deleted scenes.

U.S Nov 22nd
U.K Nov 21st

Have been waiting for this ever since it was announced on TORn. Definitely going to be in my LOTR DVD library. :banana

This looks great! My only beef is the fact that it will be full frame. Wasn't it shown at several film festivals, as well as some kind of limited theatrical release? That would imply to me that it was originally produced in widescreen, and I don't want to miss any of the picture.

Anyone know the real scoop?

Can't wait, but so much for "I'd like to thank Peter Jackson for not being nominated in this category (documentary)" from last years oscars best documentary acceptance speech :D

RoboDad said:
This looks great! My only beef is the fact that it will be full frame. Wasn't it shown at several film festivals, as well as some kind of limited theatrical release? That would imply to me that it was originally produced in widescreen, and I don't want to miss any of the picture.

Anyone know the real scoop?

It was shot on video, with the intention of being shown at 1.33:1.
https://us.imdb.com/title/tt0379473/technical

The DVD's aspect ratio is correct.

Charwen in Ringers? Dear God no...

Wouldn't that be the ultimate in horror...but then again, I guess it is one of the prime examples of LOTR fandom gone wrong

:banghead

screenshot_01.jpg

When I saw the title of this thread, I wondered "Did Sideshow pick up the rights to the new Johnny Knoxville movie the Ringer?". And if you know what the movie's about, you'll know why I was confused.

Michael
MWC

I cannot wait to see it. I feel about this movie, almost like the Lord of the Rings films themselves: "Wait, I'm not in it!'
I can't believe that I didn't work on them, I can't believe I didn't fly to New Zealand to BE IN them (as it turns out I had good reason not to but thats another story)!

And I've been following this movie on TORN for a while now, too. Glad its finally within Viewing!

Back