Mey any Celebs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrisSolo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all! :joy

Saw the post about several board members meeting Buffy creator Josh and it got me thinking - anyone here met anyone famous? I'm sure our friends in LA have on many occasions - anyone else?

I've met a few minor celebs in the past working in London (believe me, not worth a mention :eek: ), but I did meet Thom Yorke - Radiohead mainman - before one of their gigs bacl in 2000. Contrary to media reports, he was happy to talk with fans and sign items (though it was pretty early so there was only a handful there). Nice guy, very modest, and shorter than you'd think... :naughty

Hiya.

I don't know if you would consider her a 'Celeb' but my flatmate works for the singer 'Horse' who is quite well known here in the UK.
So she's always popping round to our house, in fact there are a bunch of 'Horse' t-shirts,jumpers/sweatshirts in boxes here right now.

she's a lovely person.

Shell :D
x

Loads!

Bond Movies/Girls/Lazenby.
Hammer Movies/Sadly 3 have Past Away since./Most of the Hammer Girls.
Red Dwarf/Full Cast

Romero/Dawn of the Dead Cast
Various Trek
Tracie Lords
Jeff Wayne
Doug Bradley/Pinhead-Hellraiser
Kenneth Crantham (Harvey Moon for u Oldies)

Hundreds More.
Been going to Conventions for 10 Years or more!

I haven't sought out many other than LOTR people, but since I live in LA I've done pretty well. Lots of opportunities to pick and choose from, so to speak.

LOTR: (pics)
Elijah Wood
Sean Astin
Dom Monaghan
Billy Boyd
Viggo Mortensen
Ian Mckellen
Peter Jackson
Fran Walsh
Philippa Boyens
Richard Taylor
John Rhys-Davies
Orlando Bloom
Liv Tyler
Andy Serkis
John Noble
Lawrence Makoare
Sala Baker
Brad Dourif
Bruce Hopkins
Royd Tolkien
Alan Lee
Daniel Falconer
Ben Wootten
Gino Acevedo

Non-LOTR:

Quentin Tarantino (pics)
Stan Lee (pics)
Ray Harryhausen
Stan Winston pics
Jon Voight(he was just shopping and passed by the giant line where we were waiting for PJ/Fran etc)

Re:

On the streets of LA...

Jenifer Aniston
Cameron Diaz
Scarlett Johansen
Jessica Alba
(huh.. just reading the first few.... its clear god has a sense of humor....)
Giovanni Ribisski
Gene Simons
Hal Sparks
Jeff Probst
Kevin Spacey
hmmm.. seems to be all I can think of...

I'm friends with Bon Scotts old groupie :lightnin, uh oh, ex groupie. I'm in trouble now, if this gets out. I meant ex. EX YA HEAR ME.

Well that's it for me. I'm outta here.

ruff :ruff

Well I worked in a bookstore in Beverly Hills and waited on a bunch of people with recognizable names-Frank Langella, Buck Henry, Art Buchwald, Bruce Springsteen, James Spader, Michelle Pfeiffer. (I prefer your list Gareth - maybe those girls don't read?)

I've also had a few "hey, you're...." moments on the streets or stores of LA - Jodie Foster, Jennifer Aniston, Steve Martin, among others

And in my work I've met a few - Diane Keaton, Carrie Fisher, Billy Crystal, Rob Reiner, and more.

But if writers are famous - know a bunch of those...

Darklord Dave said:
Well I worked in a bookstore in Beverly Hills and waited on a bunch of people with recognizable names-Frank Langella, Buck Henry, Art Buchwald, Bruce Springsteen, James Spader, Michelle Pfeiffer. (I prefer your list Gareth - maybe those girls don't read?)

I've also had a few "hey, you're...." moments on the streets or stores of LA - Jodie Foster, Jennifer Aniston, Steve Martin, among others

And in my work I've met a few - Diane Keaton, Carrie Fisher, Billy Crystal, Rob Reiner, and more.

But if writers are famous - know a bunch of those...

Why would they need to read???

ACUTALLY, Cameron Diaz was a SHOCKER... don't believe everything you see on the sceen.... talk about smoke and mirrors :horror

And writers have it the best of ways.. doing what they love, creating stories, fortune, recognition without the majority of people recognizing them as celebrities.

re

Man, you guys have met loads of top-class tottie! I also 'met' Kylie Minogue too - she came into the place I was working but I didn't really recognise her at the time... She was so small, I truly thought she was a 12-year old girl who looked a little familiar! Petite isn't the word with this girl! :horror

A friend of mine used to have a marketing placement at the Hilton in Birmingham, and another worked at at BBC's Pebble Mill studios. Whenever I went to see either of them, I'd end up walking into someone.

Patrick Stewart (having breakfast)
Madonna and Guy Ritchie (and 8 bodyguards)
Jordan (the glamour 'model' - if you could call her that! she looked mashed :sick ) as well as a load of other slappers. They were publicising their new calendar.
Paul Mccartney
Cliff Richard
Mr Bean (Rowan Atkinson)
Damon Hill ( ex-F1 driver)
'Sir' Trevor Mcdonald - the legendary 10 'o' clock newsreader. lol
The entire cast of 'Bend it Like Beckham'- which woulda meant Keira Knightley was in there somewhere - albeit not as recogniseable or as famous as she is today. She probably tried to say, but I might have blanked her. :D
Ashwariyah Rai, Shahrukh Khan - Huge 'Bollywood' peeps. (The dude is more popular than Tom Cruise)

Bunch of others.. i didn't recognise.

Last edited:
re

Talking of slappers... another time seeing Radiohead (Oxford's South Park gig in July, 2001) me and my girl got into the front section right at the front of the stage. When Supergrass were on, out came Meg Mathews (Oasis Noel's now ex-wife) along with Kate Moss, Jude Law, Sadie Frost and a bunch of other wannabe ****-heads. Instead of watching the band they (especially Meg and her cronies) seemed more interested in taking pics of each other, sipping champers and generally acting like a bunch of sad tossers! Yes, I have stood 4-feet from Kate Moss and, sorry to burst your bubble and all that guys, she ain't 'all that'! :sick My girl wasn't impreesed by Mr.Law either, but then, maybe she was saving my feelings... :eek:

I've seen a bunch of celebs in L.A. and NYC. To name a few:

Willem Defoe
Jessica Biel
Lance Bass
Tammy Faye Bakker--she was on my plane, puke

Mostly famous athletes live around here (Charlotte, NC). Guys like Michael Jordan and Arnold Palmer are always here.

Incidentally, I just saw Pro Wrestler "Nature Boy" Ric Flair today when I went to CVS to pick up a prescription. Dude looked really old and messed up...

Last edited:
elwood49 said:
Incidentally, I just saw Pro Wrestler "Nature Boy" Ric Flair today when I went to CVS to pick up a prescription. Dude looked really old and messed up...

Damn that dude looked old years back so I can imagine what you saw :horror

One of Nine said:
Damn that dude looked old years back so I can imagine what you saw :horror

He held the door open for me when I went in and I didn't even recognize him at first. I'm not a very "star struck" type person, so I just thought it was funny that he looked so bad.

The only reason I even gave him a second look was that he was driving a Porsche Cayenne Turbo with a hot girl in the passenger seat.

Maybe I should buy this "classic" from Amazon to read about him:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/...f=sr_1_1/104-0516436-8136753?v=glance&s=books

Heh.

Last edited:
Back