PDA

View Full Version : Any Interest In Seeing More Animated SW Movies?

DerMann
10-04-2008, 12:19 PM
With the two animated versions of the Clone Wars that have been released, I was wondering if anyone else would be interested in seeing the release of animated versions of Shadows of the Empire or Episodes VII, VIII and IX?

I'd like to see more Star Wars movies period, but doubt Lucas will do the final trilogy or anything from the Expanded universe as live action.

EVILFACE
10-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Not if it's anything like the Clone Wars.

prefused
10-04-2008, 12:25 PM
yes. hell yes.
in fact, i think the perfect format for Star Wars is anime.
not just any anime. Matsumoto anime. the guy who did Galaxy Express and Daft Punk Interstella.
it has a very distinctive, almost 70's style to it. and Matsumoto knows storytelling.
________
Herbalaire (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

Mooncat
10-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Nope, Live action or nada for me

Rogue Trooper
10-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Sure but do it as an Orginal Video Animation straight to dvd or a movie speacial on TV, theres alot of potential for the Clone Wars and beyond.

Rook
10-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Only if it's claymation. :rock

Batty
10-04-2008, 12:39 PM
I'm just hoping the live action series is good. And it better be if they want to do 400 episodes.

Rogue Trooper
10-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm just hoping the live action series is good. And it better be if they want to do 400 episodes.

400! Hope that won't be like long running anime and have 100 decent episode and 300 pointless fillers.

Darth Cruel
10-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Nope. No more animated Star Wars for me. And If the live action TV show sucks...well, I just hope it doesn't.

galactiboy
10-04-2008, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing them visit the OT and make a series out of it... given the ages of the original actors I think animated is the only way something like that could happen. It could be handled similar to the old comic book series, just a lot of cool adventures.

bonsey
10-04-2008, 02:49 PM
I'd love to see a 'Shadows of the Empire' animation as I thought the story was great..never played the game but the novel was great.

prefused
10-04-2008, 03:07 PM
I'd love to see a 'Shadows of the Empire' animation as I thought the story was great..never played the game but the novel was great.
that game was just too hard. it infuriated me.
________
M73 (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_M73)

Rogue Trooper
10-04-2008, 03:11 PM

Same never played the game but read the comics, would have great bounty hunter action.

Some animation apapted from any Timothy Zahn story would be the best.

arnax161
10-04-2008, 10:47 PM
A series devoted to the OT would be cool...Especially done in a KORGOTH of BARBARIA style...Something Heavy Metal-esque...

Fubeca
10-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Not in a theater but don't mind on TV

jkno
10-05-2008, 01:00 AM
No, I'd rather have a live action series

Blackhole
10-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Watch this space when I say VII, VIII and IX, if they are EVER made will be animated...

Or set in the legacy era...

IrishJedi
10-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Not if it's anything like the Clone Wars.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

blue_rogue
10-05-2008, 09:07 AM
I'd like to see an animated series for the OT characters.

The Josh
10-05-2008, 09:12 AM
I'd like to see more stuff based on the CW Cartoons yeah but I'd like to see the idea passed on the movies.

swabie2424
10-05-2008, 09:30 AM
I'd much rather prefer the live action series. And I really thought the Clone Wars film was just 3 or 4 tv episodes loosely glues together. It really didn't deserve the big screen treatment IMHO.

cerealkeller
10-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Shadows of the Empire would be cool. Just omit Dash Rendar and focus on Luke and Leia, Lando and Chewie. Never understood why Dash Rendar was there to begin with. Stupid. Think CW style would lend itself nicely to this story as it's more connected to the movies.

Would LOVE to see anime used to retell the Star Wars trilogy itself. Just read the graphic novels done in the anime style. That would kick all kinds of ass!

Kuzeh
10-05-2008, 09:52 AM
I can't believe I'm going to say this but...
I think any SW shouldn't be made for the remaining of the century...:lol:lol

prefused
10-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Shadows of the Empire would be cool. Just omit Dash Rendar and focus on Luke and Leia, Lando and Chewie. Never understood why Dash Rendar was there to begin with. Stupid. Think CW style would lend itself nicely to this story as it's more connected to the movies.

Would LOVE to see anime used to retell the Star Wars trilogy itself. Just read the graphic novels done in the anime style. That would kick all kinds of ass!
agreed about Dash.
and i'll tell you why he was in it. it's the same reason all the "expanded universe" characters exist. because the writers/artists who made them up want to stamp their names on the Star Wars mythos. and then they can only hope Lucas doesn't ret-con their characters out like he did with the prequels.
________
Dt50 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_DT50)

Smudger9
10-05-2008, 01:49 PM
I'd love more animated stuff. The new clone wars TV series is fantastic, much better than the Clone Wars movie. For those that havent seen it yet, just give it a chance, its brilliant viewing and has a real OT feel to it.
If this series is as successful as first indications suggest, I'd love some OT stuff live shadows of the empire or a series set between ANH and ESB, and then there is the NJO era. So much possible material to work with. Exciting times and more than I could have hoped for following the completion of the movies.

FQRizzo
10-05-2008, 03:32 PM
agreed about Dash.
and i'll tell you why he was in it. it's the same reason all the "expanded universe" characters exist. because the writers/artists who made them up want to stamp their names on the Star Wars mythos. and then they can only hope Lucas doesn't ret-con their characters out like he did with the prequels.

I think the reason characters like Dash Rendar exist is because writers don't get access to characters like Han Solo so they just make a crappy copy of him to get around it.

lerath666
10-05-2008, 03:35 PM
Dash was in shadaws as an attempt to fill the void left by there being No han. TBQH, It didn't work so great.

Now all you animation haters, here's a thought, would you watch an animated star wars saga, done with the same animation style as the clone wars series, But it uses the EXISTING auido track from the live action episodes 1-6? I think the potential for creating some phoenominal sequences is there. Granted, they might want to record some new dialoge here and there, but every line, spoken by the original actors would be present. Hell, they could even finaly add in the toshi station scene.

Kenbenobi
10-05-2008, 08:35 PM
I enjoyed the Clone Wars movie, but I didn't think it needed to be a theatrical release. However, seeing as it didn't do well in theaters (I sense the advertising campaign cost more than the movie made in the US), I doubt they will do another animated flick in the theaters.

Having just watched the first ep of the TV series, they are obviously aimed more toward kids, and are not what us adults were hoping for. I'll keep watching the series, unless it becomes really stupid, but I'm not psyched about it anymore. The Live Action series will probably be more for the fans. At least I surely hope so...

Kenbenobi
10-05-2008, 08:38 PM
I'd love more animated stuff. The new clone wars TV series is fantastic, much better than the Clone Wars movie. For those that havent seen it yet, just give it a chance, its brilliant viewing and has a real OT feel to it.
I've only watched the premiere so far, but based on that episode, I can't agree with your statement at all... The episode was dumb and poorly written. The movie was much more enjoyable, in my opinion...

IrishJedi
10-05-2008, 08:59 PM
I've only watched the premiere so far, but based on that episode, I can't agree with your statement at all... The episode was dumb and poorly written. The movie was much more enjoyable, in my opinion...

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/1/wtf128488712434062500.jpg

Darthrazz
10-06-2008, 07:20 AM
Yiou know what i really want to see? A stand alone-one time story, LIVE ACTION Clone Wars movie. I think it could work, you could have a one shot story, that doesn't interfere with any of the other OT or PT story arcs and it could involve Jedi like Kit Fisto, Plo Kloon, etc,and of course Obi Wan and Anakin. You could have Hayden and Ewan MacGregor reprise their roles. I think it could work.