300. Again....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
When Does the 300 Follow-Up Take Place?
Source:IESB.net October 2, 2008

IESB.net talked to Watchmen director Zack Snyder about the proposed follow-up to his hit graphic novel adaptation, 300.

Snyder told the site he has spoken with the graphic novel's creator, Frank Miller, who will be writing and drawing the graphic novel that the second film will be based on. Work on the script for the movie won't start until after completion of the book, as Snyder doesn't want to have any input into the novel and wants it to be Miller's creation.

The director added that it will take place between the Battle of Thermopylae and the Battle of Plataea, the battle that narrator Dilios (David Wenham) is at the end of 300. There's a whole year between the two battles and plenty of room for more story.

Snyder said he would definitely direct the follow-up.

Interesting. I always figured it would be a prequel, since Gerard Butler's portrayal of Leonidas is inarguably the most popular aspect of 300.

But I'll give it a chance, regardless.

This is a great idea. Its just continuing the real life battles, which would be fantastic to see Millerized.

I actually hated David Wenham in this movie, horrible miscast, so I will probably not like this new one.

Then again, they're not actually saying he'll be in it.

Could very well be the Battle of Salamis, which could get really really spectacular :monkey5

Uhh...there was ANOTHER battle that was VERY important, and lead to Greece being free. I'd say theres a good point.

I had a hunch the sequel would have something to do with Dilios' battle at the end of 300...

(nice to be right sometimes!)

And I'll be there for more sexy Spartan action! :drool

yeah...that's what i said the first time i saw 300 in the theater. they cut it short just as the big fight was about to happen.

I wonder if Dilios will get some SSC love since the rumor is that he'll headline the sequel....would be interesting to get his look from the end of the film in PF behind Leonidas

Back