Harrison Ford: Lucas already working on INDY 5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Interesting.

From the L.A. Times: https://latimesblogs.latimes.com/herocomplex/2008/10/harrison-ford-s.html

Harrison Ford said Friday that momentum is building for a fifth movie in the "Indiana Jones" franchise and that George Lucas is already cooking up a suitable plot for a heroic senior citizen with a penchant for whips and fedoras.

"It's crazy but great," the 66-year-old Ford said. "George is in think mode right now."

Now, though, the latest success and the fact that the franchise's old machinery was revived has Ford thinking a fifth movie is not only a viable idea, but an attractive one.

"It's automatic, really, we did well with the last one and with that having done well and been a positive experience, it's not surprising that some people want to do it again," Ford said.

I asked Ford who specifically is stirring up the idea of another revival, whether it was Lucas, Spielberg or the star himself? "Really, it comes from the ethos, from the ether. It's natural. It's a way of nature, of course, success breed opportunities ... also we don't stay as closely in contact as have in the last year, that's part of it."

Ford said, though, he would not be game to making an animated "Indiana Jones" film, a notion that became at least a possible option after Lucas took his "Star Wars" theatrical saga into the computer-generated realm with "The Clone Wars" this summer.

"I'm not philosophically against doing animation roles but not for Indiana Jones," Ford said. "I'd hate to see it reduced in any way from the movies that we have done and the way we have done them."

I really couldn't care less about Hasbro at this point.

One positive is that if Lucasfilm is really moving forward with yet another movie maybe that will inspire Sideshow to get off their duff with this license.

Lucas and Gang Please let it go ...... Last one was REALLY BAD in my book!!! I won't even Buy The Blu Ray..........:mad:

"I'm not philosophically against doing animation roles but not for Indiana Jones," Ford said. "I'd hate to see it reduced in any way from the movies that we have done and the way we have done them."

:lecture

I really liked the last movie. I'm all for another one.

Last one was good, it had its missteps but maybe they'll learn from those. I'd be willing to see another, but I'd be equally happy if the series ends with the last one.

The last one had a few saving graces but overall I thought it was fairly disappointing. Then again I had huge expectations ala "The Phantom Menace". I'm buying it on Blu-Ray though and I"ll be down for another ride with Indy and company.

Maybe Lucas got all of his wacky INDY ideas out of his system with KOTCS and will just come up with the overall plot and MacGuffin this time and then let Spielberg do his thing.

For better or worse, I do believe the next one would be much different than KOTCS in that they won't do the 1950's sci-fi B movie serial send-up again. It would have to be something else entirely. So those of you who hated the UFO/Alien stuff in KOTCS should be glad for that, at least.

Maybe Lucas got all of his wacky INDY ideas out of his system with KOTCS and will just come up with the overall plot and MacGuffin this time and then let Spielberg do his thing.

For better or worse, I do believe the next one would be much different than KOTCS in that they won't do the 1950's sci-fi B movie serial send-up again. It would have to be something else entirely. So those of you who hated the UFO/Alien stuff in KOTCS should be glad for that, at least.

I didn't mind the concept of alien stuff at all, just that the plot, dialogue and characters were poorly written and ill defined. Hopefully an Indy 5 will have a better, smarter script, but with Lucas now in "thinking mode" I don't have my hopes up.

It's gotta be better than KOTCS...right? I think the alien idea was what spoiled that movie for me and if they steer clear of that like Irish mentioned then it should be just fine.

Back