Official "God of War" Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Super Freak
Reaction score
So the God of War movie set too be made has got Brett Ratner signed up as Director good thing or bad?
I personally think if a God of War movie is made it should be made in the same sort of Hi-Res cinematics used in God of War 2 cutscenes

I personally think Brett is the wrong choice for this sort of film, would prefer someone like Zack Snyder too film it I mean at least he has some idea of Spartan warriors and the Landscape of Ancient Greece, Oh well could be worse Uwe Boll could be directing

Here is a link too the Story

https://au.stars.ign.com/articles/915/915457p1.html

I hope they stay true to the story from the games and keep that epic feel to it. Ratner is not a bad director, I'm sure he'll so do a good job bringing it to lfe.

I made a thread about the GoW movie announcement, and before anybody starts remarking on the choice of Brett Ratner as director, watch this vid of David Jaffe (the creator of God of War) throwing in his comments about Ratner and the potential GoW movie:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/fG3GXzN880g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/fG3GXzN880g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well that Video almost makes Jaffe sound convinced.
I'll save my judgement for after I have seen the film :monkey3

This thread shouldnt not exist for something so stupid. ( A Ratner film, not GOW)

Say what you want, but Ratner's flicks make money, and he's a far cry from someone like Uwe Boll. I'm not entirely convinced with him helming a GoW movie, but he's not that bad a choice considering the material.

But....what does money have to do with qaulity?

X-3 was such a dissapointment.

Exactly I mean if a film like God of War has the money too make it good, but who is too say that it will be good is in the eyes of the movie goers and the God of War fanboys :monkey3

I've never played GOW. Dont have or want any Sony systems....but I've always wanted to play GOW. Looks badass, I even have the Kratos toy. He's awesome.

I've never played GOW. Dont have or want any Sony systems....but I've always wanted to play GOW. Looks badass, I even have the Kratos toy. He's awesome.

You should definitely play GoW sometime soon its truly badass if you play it you'll probably get hooked
People can say what they want about GoW that it is overrated but thats the haters opinion :lol
Yea I haven't gotten round too buying one of the NECA Kratos figures (I want the Ares Armor Figure :D)

The Story of GoW is also one of its big strong points and it will be great too see how it is translated too the Big Sceen :joy

I probably wont ever play it. But I like the story, (from what I read) and its ideas. Im all for a movie...but NOT by Ratner.

I have a feeling this movie will suck too...do people really wanna see this game made into a movie?

I have a feeling this movie will suck too...do people really wanna see this game made into a movie?

No i definitely don't want to see the Greatest Video game ever made into a piece of ^^^^ movie
Screw you Brett Ratner

Back