General Grievous Pre-order - we need confirmation SS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

ShelobsPrey

Ok, I think we'd all like a clear idea of how the General's pre-order will be managed so if someone from SS could please let us know if...

1) Will the preorder happen Friday? (I know we kinda know, but hey...)

2) What time will it be? (Approx is cool, but considering the time differences around the globe ANY heads-up would be greatly appreciated by all!)

3) Will it... please God NO... be through the newsletter? Many here get theirs infrequently, if at all (and I understand SS have asked for it not to be posted here? :dunno )

and finally

4) Will there even be an exclusive? (Doubr anyone will answer this one, but worth asking all the same!)

PLEASE LET US KNOW!!! So many here are sooooo hyped about this piece - all we ask is that we all get a fair crack at getting the exclusive (if there is one!)

Hear our plees!

Thank you, NOW DANCE :banana :banana :banana :banana

I usually don't get my newsletter until some time on Saturday, usally in the afternoon. If there is an exclusive Grievous, then I will probably be too late to order it if I have to wait for the newsletter to arrive to get the link. In the past, I have had trouble finding a preorder by using the SS site--but can always get it when someone posts a link. If SS doesn't want the newsletter posted, then some of us will miss out on the chance to reserve an exclusive (if one exists). Is there a way to announce and begin the preorders that gives us all a fair chance at getting one?

Yes, please tell us.

I need to know a time, as I will be leaving town on Friday.

I have heard Friday afternoon but would still like to know an exact time....before 7pm CT, PLEASE!!!!

They always have problems when they post exact times and it seems that there are plenty left over after the servers cool down. Looking at Pippin and the Gondorian Helms, it seems exact times were a hindrance more than a help.

I'm sure they'll announce it through the newsletter though. I left a thread up in LotR if anyone had problems getting the newsletter last week and NO ONE answered in the affirmative. So everyone should be getting their newsletters okay.

However the link for the exclusive Grievous will be a banner on this forum as soon as it is up for order -- so no one who visits here will have a problem knowing when it's available.

re

There's only one thing for it, I will have to do an all nighter. :speech Good reason to have some friends over, hire a DVD or 2 and get cosy for a night infront of the TV (and laptop). :lol :idea

Re

However the link for the exclusive Grievous will be a banner on this forum as soon as it is up for order -- so no one who visits here will have a problem knowing when it's available.

That's good to know. Thanks.

Re: Re

I could answer a few of these, but then Chicky would have my head on a plate. ;)

All will be clear soon enough...

Would a video be released of that, with that dramatic music? :rollin :rollin :rollin

Good way to tease Hulkfan! :rolleyes

Let me clarify my earlier statement - as soon as the affiliate banner is released I will have it up on this forum.

But keep your eyes peeled for emails from Sideshow...

1st 300 orders get the caped version according to statue forum!

Us Euro's might be pulling a late nighter!

1st 300 orders get the caped version according to statue forum!

Excellent news! This is more along the lines of a proper exclusive ES. Vader at 2000 is too high. I wish it was 500 exclusive Vaders, and 4000 regulars with SS selling the regulars on their site as well. Hopefully future Star Wars pieces will be handled similarly to how the ordering for the Marvel diorama was set up (First 300 orders get the exclusive).

I wonder what the total ES of Grievous will be? I'm guessing 2500 with 300 exclusive caped versions.

re

Nice avatar, El. :D Grievous fever hitting you bad!!! Well, I had better stay up that night. :p

Re: re

So based on past experience, what time might we expect to see the preorder go up?

Grievous fever hitting you bad!!!

Yeah, when I saw that new TV spot with Grievous saying "Curse them", I kept thinking to myself how much he is going to rock. :rock The SS Grievous figure is also my most anticipated of all the new Star Wars merchandise.

So based on past experience, what time might we expect to see the preorder go up?

On past experience..... Anytime Friday!:lol

Hopefully won't be e-mail, cause we all get those different times.

Vader went up 3pm EST according to previous post (8pm GMT/11am PST) - no clues given

Others have gone up later and since GMT is -9Hrs from PST (inc DST)we are generally talking late friday in the UK

A late nighter then, for us Brits, only 300 caped versions this is going to be a battle I think.:p :aragorn

re

I just had a nice thought. :eek The Affiliates among us will get the affiliate newsletter before everyone else. :mwaha :banana :idea

Back