McCain pulls out of Michigan!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bumblebee

Super Freak
Reaction score
John McCain is giving up on winning the battle ground state of Michigan.

Battleground: Dropping Michigan Posted: Friday, October 03, 2008 9:19 AM by Domenico Montanaro
Filed Under: 2008

The Politico broke yesterday’s big news that McCain campaign’s was retreating from Michigan.

The Associated Press calls the McCain pullback "a major concession," and notes that local Republicans were blindsided by the call.

The Free Press offers this nugget. "McCain campaign manager Rick Davis called former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney to tell him of the decision to pull out of Michigan just before Romney -- who grew up in Oakland County -- got on a conference call with reporters Thursday. Romney was holding the call with McCain strategist Doug Holtz-Eakin to raise claims that Obama's policies are no good for Michigan's struggling economy."

One of McCain's co-chairs in the state is disappointed with the decision to withdraw. "Chuck Yob, a co-chairman of McCain's Michigan effort, said the campaign's own polling showed other states as better chances than Michigan. 'I don't think it's a very good decision,' he said of Thursday's pullout. 'I think it's wrong. But they've got to pool their resources in the states where they think they can win.'"

and so it begins :lol

Last edited:
Re: McCain pulls out!!!

Lame thread. Too specific. It doesn't even have entertainment factor like the Obama video thread. You fail.

Re: McCain pulls out!!!

Lets keep this thread flame free folks. :joy

Oh and darthmatrix, would you mind editing your title to be a bit more specific? :wave

Or you could just choose to not visit them. :lecture

Kinda hard not to notice when the whole right sidebar is political propoganda. I'm just saying. I think we should have Dave make a political section. That way people can argue away.

...and make it so they don't show up on the sidebar. :D

So far two mods (not Dave, Lonnie, or Tom) have opposed the idea. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back