Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Come on, SS, let's see a preview of Duke tonight. :)

duke-gi-joe.jpg

gijoe_duke.jpg

Is this pure speculation? Do you actually think we're due for a preview or is it wishful thinking?

I think we are actually due for another announcement. In one of their question and answer sessions they said they would release one figure per quarter. Cobra Commander was announced in June/July, so the next announcement should be in the next month or so.

IMHO, we're not quite far enough into the line for Duke. I'd prefer a more viscerally stimulating character, like Storm Shadow, Destro, Zartan, or even Scarlet and/or Baroness (though the ladies would be on the female Buck, so scratch that).

I think the "viscerally stimulating" figures are great, but sooner or later they need to make the Duke, Hawk, or Flint etc. I actually think the sooner they offer one of those, the less of a fall it will be and we can get ourselves in a trend of being mixed.

Once you do 3, 4, 5 "cool" characters in a row you're sort of set up to never let up and bring out a more basic designed character..

I will be patiently refreshing the newsletter page at work tonight. Hope you are right!

Oh, and I agree with Progmatinee too... :lecture

:chew

Only two announcements so far?... Shouldn't there be some chicken littles from the Indy section crying out how the line is dead?:monkey3:rotfl

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind Duke (and of course he's on my shortlist). I'd just rather have something else first.

Plus, I got the feeling from that Sideshow video that a Cobra Trooper would be next. We'll see. Hopefully something is announced SOON.

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind Duke (and of course he's on my shortlist). I'd just rather have something else first.

Plus, I got the feeling from that Sideshow video that a Cobra Trooper would be next. We'll see. Hopefully something is announced SOON.

... or else the line is dead.

:monkey3:gun

Could be, but I see them doing a Joe then Cobra, Joe, Cobra ect.

I would really like to see Duke or Flint, or maybe Scarlett.

Scarlet and/or Baroness (though the ladies would be on the female Buck, so scratch that).

I don't know about that. Lara Croft proves how well they can make a figure look on the Buck if they really try and both Scarlett and Baroness would be completely covered so the joints wouldn't be too much of an issue. I want Scarlett next personally.

I think there was a video awhile back that showed a completed Cobra Trooper, so I think that will be next. However, they may follow a joe, cobra, joe pattern. I only collect PF statues, so I have passed on Snake Eyes and Cobra Commander. The only 1/6th that would entice me would be a Firefly.

Back