New Dragonball Short Film by Akira Toriyama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Holy Hell, There's Going to Be More Dragonball Z
Posted at 10:14 AM Oct 01, 2008

8723-vegetasbrother.jpg

All right, you TR-reading anime-haters—just sit this one out. Don't take this from us, because frankly, we've been hurt long enough with the live-action Dragonball movie that we deserve a little good news in piece. And good news it is—there's going to be a new animated DBZ special, written by none other than DBZ creator Akira Toriyama himself—this means it's fully authentic, people. Set two years after the end of th Majin Buu saga, the 35-minute short will star Vegeta's new, previously unknown brother—that's him up above.

Now for the bad news: 1) the short will only be shown at the Jump Super Anime Tour, so it's you're not going to be in Japan, you're not going to be seeing it. 2) Despite being written by Toriyama, this sounds exactly like the plot of one of the many terrible DBZ movies. 3) Toriyama has spent the last 15 or so years doing nothing but swimming in a huge vault of yen, Scrooge McDuck-style, so it remains to be seen if he still has his chops—or if he's going to even try that hard, or just wants to make a few more million to finish a solid gold statue of a topless Bulma. But let's just concentrate on the positives—new DBZ! (Via Japanator)

This is incredible. Honestly, it was only a matter of time. With the popularity of DBZ again on the rise with the new movie and crossover with One Piece, new Dragonball had to happen. Kudos, Toriyama. Kudos.

I forgot the acronym, but it's one of these things that never actually takes place in the DBZ world/main story. Sorta like the movies.

DBZ ended for me, after the cell saga.

DBZ ended for me, after the cell saga.

Yea it sorta finished for me there too it just didn't seem right continuing the story, but on the other hand this is great news lets hope its a good movie
Toriyama should of spent more time making more DBZ movies instead of having DBGT concieved, GT almost killed the Franchise for me :monkey2

Anything Akira Toriyama touches is gold. He's like the Gore Group....but only one guy and not a group.....and is japanese....and draws instead of sculpts.....um, yeah.

Thanks for the links! I actually liked it a lot. Better to acknowledge that they're just too damn strong to be threatened anymore and just have fun with it. Was that Yajirobe for a hot second there?:lol

Thanks for the links! I actually liked it a lot. Better to acknowledge that they're just too damn strong to be threatened anymore and just have fun with it. Was that Yajirobe for a hot second there?:lol

Yea I like the Concept that the Z Warriors were far too Strong for Average Joes like those two Aliens I just wish that Vegeta's relationship with Tarble was more developed as Tarble to me seemed like he was in hardly any of the film
But yes your right Yajirobe was in it kicking some ass with his sword :rock

ohh sweet !! thanks for the info.

I hope it comes out on funanimation dvd or blue ray.
I just watched it and I thought it was really well animated but it was too short.
They need to make more episodes with this new animation.

DBZ FOR LIFE !!

Last edited:
ohh sweet !! thanks for the info.

I hope it comes out on funanimation dvd or blue ray.
I just watched it and I thought it was really well animated but it was too short.
They need to make more episodes with this new animation.

DBZ FOR LIFE !!

Even though I didn't enjoy the Movie as much as previous DBZ films I agree with you Snake that they should make some more Eps with the new animation and Bring an English Dub of this film out onto DVD or Blue Ray

I liked the remade intro that had Goten and Trunks in instead of Gohan I thought that was cool

DBZ FOR LIFE :rock

I thought this was awsome :rock
Seeing super sayian and the z fighters doing there signature techniques in that new style animation made it for me :rock

this short is 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,00,00,0,00 better than the Live action movie

I WANT MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

" about an evil menace that failed to register in public memory simply because it appeared just a little too late in time. " :lol :lol

Back