PDA

View Full Version : Legend of the Seeker

smc100
09-29-2008, 04:52 PM
Looks like they are making a TV series about Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth books, does anyone know any details about this.
Having the same producers as Hercules and Zena makes me a little skeptical but it could be pretty good if they do it right.

Darklord Dave
09-29-2008, 06:03 PM
There was a panel at SDCC which Goodkind attended. I couldn't get in though, it was too crowded.

Raimi and Tapert are excellent TV producers, I just worry that they won't have the budget in syndicated television to do this right. But if the scripts and casting are good, I'm sure they can pull it off.

McHavyck
09-30-2008, 03:58 AM
i thought HBO was doing it but the commercial i saw the other day was for the local Fox affiliate - which makes sense since most of their non prime-time content is synidcated.

guess they didn't like "Wizard's First Rule" as the title, huh?
or this way, it's all one encompassing title rather than the individual book names.

looking forward to this one!

Chimera 1
10-01-2008, 08:04 AM
i thought HBO was doing it but the commercial i saw the other day was for the local Fox affiliate - which makes sense since most of their non prime-time content is synidcated.

guess they didn't like "Wizard's First Rule" as the title, huh?
or this way, it's all one encompassing title rather than the individual book names.

looking forward to this one!

Wizards first rule was badass. I listened to the audiobook and been a fan ever since. I will definitely watch the show and hopefully it will be on HBO.

McHavyck
11-04-2008, 06:43 PM
just watched these on my TiVo and i gotta say, the first two were really spot on.

personal favorite casting, Bruce Spence (aka The Mouth of Sauron and The Trainman from The Matrix) as Zed.

Darklord Dave
11-04-2008, 11:08 PM
The reviews haven't been good, but I did enjoy the first 2 hours. Pretty close to the book, although some major differences. Decent casting and I'd agree about Bruce Spence - very inspired.

I'm on like the ninth book now, so it's kind of frustrating knowing so much stuff about these characters and where they're going.

CelticPredator
11-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Is it Raimi style?

Darklord Dave
11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Is it Raimi style?

It's Xena-esque, although with more ambitious special effects. It will be interesting if they can maintain the level of SFX for the entire series.

CelticPredator
11-04-2008, 11:45 PM
:(....I miss Raimi style...

McHavyck
11-05-2008, 08:36 AM
It's Xena-esque, although with more ambitious special effects. It will be interesting if they can maintain the level of SFX for the entire series.

i see the slo-mo being WAY overused, but strangely i liked it!

Fritz
11-05-2008, 10:44 PM
I kind of liked the slo mo stuff. :o I haven't read the books even though a co-worker has been bugging me to start. That being said, the first two episodes were ok. I didn't hate them nor did I absolutely love them but they were definitely worth watching. After all Bridget Regan is pretty easy on the eyes and my wife was happy with getting to see Craig Horner without his shirt so everybody wins. :rolleyes: :lol

NASEDO
11-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Does this have anything to do with "The Seeker: The Dark is Rising" ? I recently bought this movie cheap on dvd and thought it was good. Couldn't believe all the bad reviews, but watching it with low hopes made me like it.

CelticPredator
11-06-2008, 09:25 PM
No. Thank god.

Fritz
03-13-2009, 12:10 PM
So, anyone still watching this?

The Ween
03-13-2009, 04:08 PM
I watched it for awhile to gve it a chance but I just can't get into it. Blah!

Darklord Dave
03-13-2009, 11:31 PM
I have a bunch on Tivo. It's kind of frustrating after reading the books - they are going so divergent from the books that if they were to try to complete the saga it would take 50 years at this rate.

The show's about the level of Hercules, not quite as good as Xena.

Havok
03-14-2009, 03:14 AM
I planned on watching it, but never got around to catching any of the episodes.

McHavyck
03-14-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah, I am still watching but I think the Fox affiliate that I get it on skipped a week.

It got me to go back to the start of the books to re-read them.

Dally
03-14-2009, 06:35 PM
I read the book, but I don't watch the tv show. I watched the first episode or two, but it was so different from the book that I just lost interest.

Chimera 1
03-17-2009, 08:24 AM
I have been watching these on Hulu. I like the show but i agree it is going pretty slow. I am on episode 7. I watch these over my lunch break. They are entertaining enough. I plan on reading the books since the audiobooks skip around in the series.

Fritz
03-26-2009, 11:56 AM
Actually for me it's a family thing, my wife and both my kids watch as well. If they weren't into it, I probably would have let it fade as well. Although it would be nice if Jessica Marais as Denna had a bigger role. :naughty

Fritz
05-11-2009, 12:24 PM
http://www.scifiscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/denna.jpg

Fritz
09-24-2009, 08:02 AM
Buffy and Angel fans will like this...

http://www.scifiscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/charisma_carpenter.jpg

Bamboota
09-24-2009, 08:14 AM
Buffy and Angel fans will like this...

http://www.scifiscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/charisma_carpenter.jpg

she looks pretty...when do they give this show here in the states?

jinxx
09-24-2009, 08:19 AM
watched the first few episodes. After that, I don't know what happened.:lol.....

Fritz
09-24-2009, 08:45 AM
she looks pretty...when do they give this show here in the states?

The second season starts in November.

grphyx1
02-02-2010, 08:05 AM
I haven't read any of the books Seeker is based on, but I think they have hit their stride with the character development and relations. I love this show on a Sunday night schedule.

Fritz
02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
I like the show as well. A friend of mine has read the books (I haven't) and he tells me the show is way off from the books. I personally don't care since I haven't read them but the show is cool on it's own.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Q2iQkra7ffU/SyI0Wu4InEI/AAAAAAAAH-o/hWvup2y_Euk/s400/legend-of-the-seeker-season-2-cara.jpg

Cara FTW!

Darklord Dave
02-02-2010, 07:17 PM
I stopped watching because it deviated so far from the books - not just in plot but in major elements of how the world works.

But Charisma in red leather - I might have to start watching again...

316what
02-03-2010, 07:28 AM
I stopped watching because it deviated so far from the books - not just in plot but in major elements of how the world works.

But Charisma in red leather - I might have to start watching again...

She's gone...sorry Dave. But you can see Cara in red leather weekly.:monkey5

jimjimmyjones85
02-03-2010, 07:43 AM
And Cara is a good enough reason I think... :D

grphyx1
02-04-2010, 01:57 PM
She's gone...sorry Dave. But you can see Cara in red leather weekly.:monkey5

is Charisma totally gone? I don't remember exactly what happened with her attempted mutiny of the mord siths!

Now Cara's character on the other hand is getting to be my favourite. and why hasn't this show been nominated for costuming????! anybody???!

Fritz
02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
is Charisma totally gone? I don't remember exactly what happened with her attempted mutiny of the mord siths!...

Didn't Cara kill her and take her agiel. That's why she's got two

grphyx1
02-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Didn't Cara kill her and take her agiel. That's why she's got two

Shizz now that's gonna bug me forever till the repeats. you might be right though.

jimjimmyjones85
02-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Thank goodness for Netflix HD ! :rock..

jinxx
02-05-2010, 08:02 AM
This show's still on!?:confused:

grphyx1
02-05-2010, 02:29 PM
This show's still on!?:confused:

Hell yes! I know you hate yourself now for missing it

Darth Caedus
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
This show has become the new Xena/Hercules with the large busty women in tiny shirts, but not as good.

Fritz
02-06-2010, 11:41 PM
This show has become the new Xena/Hercules with the large busty women in tiny shirts, but not as good.

Agree with the Xena/Hercules thing other than not being as good. Time and ratings will be the judge of that when we see how many seasons it gets before being cancelled. Although I didn't watch either of those shows I do watch Legend of the Seeker and I'm enjoying it. It's not going to win any awards for greatness but it's a fun show.

grphyx1
02-08-2010, 07:10 AM
It's in a great time slot on Sunday nights. Lots of fun and since I don't have the time to read the books I can enjoy it without insight as to what is out of sequence or character. For me when most people compare a movie to the book it's just ridiculous....totally different media that requires interpretation. Look at Iron Man, they skipped over so many years of character development, but fans overlooked it because it was a fun piece of entertainment