Legend of the Seeker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smc100

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Looks like they are making a TV series about Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth books, does anyone know any details about this.
Having the same producers as Hercules and Zena makes me a little skeptical but it could be pretty good if they do it right.

There was a panel at SDCC which Goodkind attended. I couldn't get in though, it was too crowded.

Raimi and Tapert are excellent TV producers, I just worry that they won't have the budget in syndicated television to do this right. But if the scripts and casting are good, I'm sure they can pull it off.

i thought HBO was doing it but the commercial i saw the other day was for the local Fox affiliate - which makes sense since most of their non prime-time content is synidcated.

guess they didn't like "Wizard's First Rule" as the title, huh?
or this way, it's all one encompassing title rather than the individual book names.

looking forward to this one
!

Last edited:
i thought HBO was doing it but the commercial i saw the other day was for the local Fox affiliate - which makes sense since most of their non prime-time content is synidcated.

guess they didn't like "Wizard's First Rule" as the title, huh?
or this way, it's all one encompassing title rather than the individual book names.

looking forward to this one
!

Wizards first rule was badass. I listened to the audiobook and been a fan ever since. I will definitely watch the show and hopefully it will be on HBO.

just watched these on my TiVo and i gotta say, the first two were really spot on.

personal favorite casting, Bruce Spence (aka The Mouth of Sauron and The Trainman from The Matrix) as Zed.

The reviews haven't been good, but I did enjoy the first 2 hours. Pretty close to the book, although some major differences. Decent casting and I'd agree about Bruce Spence - very inspired.

I'm on like the ninth book now, so it's kind of frustrating knowing so much stuff about these characters and where they're going.

I kind of liked the slo mo stuff. :eek: I haven't read the books even though a co-worker has been bugging me to start. That being said, the first two episodes were ok. I didn't hate them nor did I absolutely love them but they were definitely worth watching. After all Bridget Regan is pretty easy on the eyes and my wife was happy with getting to see Craig Horner without his shirt so everybody wins. :rolleyes: :lol

Does this have anything to do with "The Seeker: The Dark is Rising" ? I recently bought this movie cheap on dvd and thought it was good. Couldn't believe all the bad reviews, but watching it with low hopes made me like it.

I have a bunch on Tivo. It's kind of frustrating after reading the books - they are going so divergent from the books that if they were to try to complete the saga it would take 50 years at this rate.

The show's about the level of Hercules, not quite as good as Xena.

Yeah, I am still watching but I think the Fox affiliate that I get it on skipped a week.

It got me to go back to the start of the books to re-read them.

I read the book, but I don't watch the tv show. I watched the first episode or two, but it was so different from the book that I just lost interest.

I have been watching these on Hulu. I like the show but i agree it is going pretty slow. I am on episode 7. I watch these over my lunch break. They are entertaining enough. I plan on reading the books since the audiobooks skip around in the series.

Back