Indiana jones nuked the figs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kl241

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is from a huge fan, and I thought what he said needed to be heard, I know there are other threads on this line but he actually visited MR as a guest, so I thought he needed to have his own thread.

Hasbro severely mismanaged the line. They expected it to be as big as
Star Wars and they flooded the market with KOTCS stuff nobody wanted.
The case assortments were repacks of Mutt and Bazzoka Indy nobody
wanted. Hasbro said Mutt was their second biggest seller yet he was
flooding the pegs. The movie was a huge disappointment and turned off
many would-be Indy collectors who just didn't care anymore. Walmart
over ordered and couldn't sell them so they wouldn't order the new
waves and dictated to Hasbro that they were no longer going to support
the line plus the economy is the worst it has been since the Great
Depression. Hasbro did nothing to support the line and basicaly
Walmart calls the shots now. Sideshow will likely view this as the
Indy license being unprofitable and quietly "retire" the license like
they did with Planet of the Apes, Highlander, Terminator and Bond
without ever giving the Freaks a straight answer. The Indy franchise
has Nuked the Figures. It's sad because I was really hoping in spite
of Skull we'd at least get some cool collectibles but we don't even
get any decent licensed props. Master Replicas had the license and I
talked at length with them about it when I went there and they were
already trying to figure out how to make the Sankara Stones light up
and glow when put together, plus they showed pictures of their
headpiece, all of which will never get produced since they had their
falling out with Lucasfilm. Man, Lucas really screwed it all up,
didn't he? Clone Wars is warming the pegs too. I hope Hasbro says
that they are cancelling Star Wars next. My wallets gonna be lite
next year. After Dark Knight and Iron Man, Hot Toys is getting all of my money now.

I wanted KOTCS stuff cuz I liked the movie. And I bought pretty much all the KOTCS stuff....but yes they did go overboard with the Mutts.

Well, as far as Hasbro I really could care less. Don't collect figures. I am disappointed it's taken so long for the higher end collectibles to hit. They should have started releasing stuff last year from a business stand point. Rode the wave of the hype with a new movie. But, I do have to say that I'm an Indy fan. And whatever you think of KOTCS, it shouldn't change your love for what came before. Well, unless you're a casual fan. I think there are still die hard fans out there (not as many as SW most likely) who will buy Indy collectibles. I hope SS realizes that and releases some more product. Just make lower edition sizes. If it's good, people will buy it.

Meh, he just sounds like another whiner to me.

This thread was just another excuse for kl241 to bash KOTCS. He said almost the exact same thing in the "Hasbro line official dead!" thread but was ignored, so he started his own thread anew and someone took the bait. This seems right out of the Trolling 101 playbook. :lol

Just over 100 posts total, and I'd venture to guess at least half of those are "KOTCS raped my childhood" posts. :duh

This thread was just another excuse for kl241 to bash KOTCS. He said almost the exact same thing in the "Hasbro line official dead!" thread but was ignored, so he started his own thread anew and someone took the bait. This seems right out of the Trolling 101 playbook. :lol

Just over 100 posts total, and I'd venture to guess at least half of those are "KOTCS raped my childhood" posts. :duh

And how many times have we endured listening to your hyperbole of how KOTCS was good and put up with your whining about how you won't be getting your f'n Mighty Mugs. Lame.

And how many times have we endured listening to your hyperbole of how KOTCS was good and put up with your whining about how you won't be getting your f'n Mighty Mugs. Lame.

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Worst and most ironic misuse of the term "hyperbole" ever. :lol

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

Worst and most ironic misuse of the term "hyperbole" ever. :lol

What's even more ironic is the fact that you have to post on the SS Freaks board as the big Indy n-u-t-s-w-i-n-g-e-r because your collection and your ego could never measure up to tnswman over at The Raven. :monkey1

What's even more ironic is the fact that you have to post on the SS Freaks board as the big Indy n-u-t-s-w-i-n-g-e-r because your collection and your ego could never measure up to tnswman over at The Raven. :monkey1

:rotfl :lol :rotfl

Man, you have much to learn.

I love my humble Indy Collection!

As do I. My INDY collection isn't really very big at all. I have a few vintage items and some of the newer stuff, a costume and prop replicas and that's about it. I didn't even collect half of what was out when the market was flooded with stuff back in April/May. And it didn't even take me long to feel some Buyers Remorse for getting the 3.75" Hasbro stuff that I did. But at least I don't have to worry about that anymore thanks to Hasbro. :lol

I do wish Sideshow would crap or get off the pot, though.

I have all Hasbro stuff and an Blockbuster Indy hat. Not much... but hey. Its not like there was any good Indy stuff before.....

I don't think Sideshow will let the Indiana Jones license slide. They probably paid a pretty penny for it, and to only release 2 1/6 scale figs and a PF is a pretty big waste. Indy wasn't a hit with kids, which is why the Hasbro line failed, but it's still big with collectors.

I think SS will at least release a few more PF figures from the Indy line. Not so sure about the 1/6 line but I am quite sure I will take whatever 1/6 Indy figures that SS churns out.

With the economy in turmoil, the slower rate of release might actually helped to keep the line alive.

Back