Story About Pippin Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool read, so is it Fell Beast or a troll that has him bothered? :huh

LOTRFan said:
Cool read, so is it Fell Beast or a troll that has him bothered? :huh

Well, I think the pose comes straight from this scene (below). So it would almost have to be the ML/Fellbeast.

:banana I am very suprised it is not sold out yet...... Its so good, I have 2 of them!! :naughty :naughty

AngmarKing said:
You believe what you want. Alas, I've been around the block a few times, and my head isn't burried up..... whatever. :rolleyes:

Congrats your older
11.gif
No your head is burried up whatever because you think your right cause your older. BFD

Same old AK---->
15.gif

Yeah! Whatever. I'm sorry that
i don't think that Sideshow is God's gift to humanity. I love the pieces that
sideshow/Weta have done, but unlike you, I'm not going to prostitute myself.
jlcmsu said:
Congrats your older
11.gif
No your head is burried up whatever because you think your right cause your older. BFD

Same old AK---->
15.gif

AngmarKing said:
Yeah! Whatever. I'm sorry that
i don't think that Sideshow is God's gift to humanity. I love the pieces that
sideshow/Weta have done, but unlike you, I'm not going to prostitute myself.

I didn't say I thought they where just that they do a dam nice job and they explained why they went the route they did. I get the same treatment that everyone else gets from them. Some of the best around by any company.

Interesting article. I guess enough collectors were upset about the lack of a Fellowship Pippin for Sideshow and/or Weta to release this article.

Yeah....I dunno, I believe them on why they chose Gondorian Pip, don't see why they would lie about it. I don't believe Sideshow as a company are into telling lies to their customers. They make mistakes which can be construed as lies, yes. But I don't think they intentionally lie.

I agree with your pic Josh, I just found this to be the interesting part of the article:

Brigitte Wuest and Richard Taylor of Weta Workshop had the idea to do a very dynamic Pippin, in full armor, shrinking against the wall as the he prepares to do battle in Minas Tirith, whether the foe be Fell Beast or Mordor Orc. It's a climactic moment for Pippin's character, the choice between childishness and bravery, and Pippin does indeed show his quality. Deeply loyal, Pippin stands frightened but determined to save his adopted city, liege, and friends. Conceived in part as a possible companion piece for the Gandalf on Shadowfax statue ....

Neway, I like mine, and the edition is right too.

FrodoEyes said:
Yeah....I dunno, I believe them on why they chose Gondorian Pip, don't see why they would lie about it. I don't believe Sideshow as a company are into telling lies to their customers. They make mistakes which can be construed as lies, yes. But I don't think they intentionally lie.

So, does someone have a pic of what these 2 would look like juxta-posed to each other the way SS/W recommends? I can see how GTW looks like he's actually screaming at Pip, although I don't recall SS/W mentioning why they chose GTW/SF to be posed that way . . .

From what I can tell, I'd agree with AK that this was an afterthought to garner more interest in Pip.

Back